Headliner of the Decade + / -

1 hour ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I've got to admit i have been under-rating Arcade Fire for far too long, their popularity in this bracket made me delve a bit deeper into their music and its fantastic, Ready To Start and Creature Comfort being two highlights so far, if anyone can recommend some other songs i'd love to give them a listen

Honestly mate, Funeral and The Suburbs are two of the best indie rock albums of all time definitely check them out when you get a chance. Neon Bible and Reflektor are great too but not quite as good imo

Edited by TheWaters

53 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Honestly mate, Funeral and The Suburbs are two of the best indie rock albums of all time definitely check them out when you get a chance. Neon Bible and Reflektor are great too but not quite as good imo

1 hour ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I've got to admit i have been under-rating Arcade Fire for far too long, their popularity in this bracket made me delve a bit deeper into their music and its fantastic, Ready To Start and Creature Comfort being two highlights so far, if anyone can recommend some other songs i'd love to give them a listen

Try the latest record Everything Now before Reflecktor, personally think it’s up their with Funeral, Neon Bible and The Suburbs. Fantastic band. 

3 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Sprawl II( Mountains Beyond Mountains) bangs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think you may literally be the only person who thinks that. 

Really? That’s fine by me, I thought it was great. Personally think that Reflektor has been their worst work to date. Think I’d say Funeral, Neon Bible, Everything Now, The Suburbs and then Reflektor in order but it’s been a while since I’ve listened to any of most albums bar Everything Now 

I've given Funeral a listen since i last posted and yeah it's amazing, the opening track was the highlight for me and the song's Power Out and Wake Up are also fantastic..

Rage Against the Machine (30) -5
The 1975 (40) +5
Foo Fighters (20) 
Muse (15) -5
Foals (45)
Biffy Clyro (25)
Queens of the Stone Age (25) -5
The Cure (35)
Arcade Fire (40)

Rage Against the Machine (35) (+5)
The 1975 (35) (-5)
Foo Fighters (25) (+5)
Muse (15) -5
Foals (45)
Biffy Clyro (25)
Queens of the Stone Age (25) 
The Cure (35)
Arcade Fire (35) (-5)

I'm genuinely curious, just because they seem to be getting a lot of +'s, but were The 1975 really that good when they headlined? I went to watch BFS instead so missed them, but I'm just curious.

3 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

I'm genuinely curious, just because they seem to be getting a lot of +'s, but were The 1975 really that good when they headlined? I went to watch BFS instead so missed them, but I'm just curious.

I'm a bit biased because they're my favourite band but it's one of the best gigs i've ever been to (possibly the best) i thought they were fantastic from start to finish and i still rewatch their set often

Rage Against the Machine (30)
The 1975 (35) + 5
Foo Fighters (20)
Muse (20) + 5
Foals (45)
Biffy Clyro (30)
Queens of the Stone Age (25) -5
The Cure (15) -5
Arcade Fire (40)

And the 1975 were absolutely amazing from start to finish, don’t think I’ve ever had a sorer throat the next day

12 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

My plan was to go The Chats then Dave but ended up just going 1975 with one of my mates and they blew me away. Wasn't even gutted I missed the acts I was planning to see because just how good 1975 were. Was a casual fan before that but they genuinely became someone I actively love after that.

Rage Against the Machine (30)
The 1975 (35)
Foo Fighters (20)
Muse (15) -5

Foals (50) +5
Biffy Clyro (25) -5
The Cure (20) +5
Arcade Fire (40)

Rage Against the Machine (30) +5 
The 1975 (35) -5 
Foo Fighters (20)
Muse (15)
Foals (45) 
Biffy Clyro (25)
The Cure (25) +5
Arcade Fire (40) +5 

Personally, I've never managed to get into The 1975, despite trying to many times. I watched The Chats and Bowling For Soup at Reading this year and caught the encore for The 1975 as I was meeting my friends. I can see the appeal, they're just not for me. I would be happy with pretty much any other band winning this 😅