How do you feel?

Matt42

Two weeks have passed since Glastonbury was cancelled. For some reason it feels like much longer and each day has been pretty heavy since. I must admit Glastonbury’s cancellation just kinda went into the back of my mind as there were more serious incidents going on.

I don’t think it’s really hit me yet, I don’t know if anyone else feels the same. I think I’l probably feel upset once the warmer weather starts rolling in and you realise that the festival isn’t happening.

In some strange way I think the whole word being on pause has kind of helped. If artists were releasing albums as planned and things were plodding on I would be reminded that Glastonbury isn’t happening probably more often. I think the saving grace of this is knowing that once we are out of this mess we’re probably going to experience a really interesting time for the creative arts. Art being born out of pain and all that.

How do you feel right now? I must admit yesterday I had a bit of a hard day where everything just felt a bit heavy and I had to remove myself a bit further than I already am to friends and family. I’ve also noticed that this forum (unsurprisingly) has quietened quite a bit.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Alternating between 7/10 to 4/10 ( on 4 today). Just trying to process all this weird shit

I know what you mean. I have been relatively good so far but yesterday I absolutely dive bombed. Just felt like I couldn’t accomplish everything.

I feel fine to be honest. I'm very fortunate in that my job can be done from home, so I've been able to crack on and spend extra time with my fiance and the cats. It's not lost on me how lucky we are. Feel a bit stir crazy every now and then but that's the worst of it.

I do miss the prospect of Glastonbury, and finding it hard to be excited for next year until we start to see light at the end of this tunnel. If the headliners weren't the top three of my wishlist, I think the blow would be a lot softer. It's gutting that we might not get to see that trio, but there's obviously much bigger things to think about now.

I'm actually ok so far re Glasto.

I think because I missed out last year on tickets it's just sort of turning into one long fallow period for me. I haven't been since 2017, and before that there'd been a big gap, so it's sort of almost the norm now? 

But I do agree with you Matt, I'll probably have a completely different mindset once Summer comes and all the festivals I had tickets for have been cancelled, especially if we're back to some kind of "normality" by then (as unlikely as this may be). 

The one potential saving grace is Love Saves the Day attempting to move to September. If/when this doesn't go ahead I think that's when I'll be really gutted. 

Outside of festivals I'm feeling pretty ok, glad that I have my decks/speakers/music production stuff here with me, and that I can WFH!

I'm the one in my group of 15-20ish that normally gets the clipboard out many months before to get all things Glasto organised. This time around I'm not bothered in the slightest.

Mentally I've had a couple of bad weeks and now and then when I accidentally hear the news it shoots my anxiety skyward. I keep saying to myself that me and my family are not particulary vulnerable but I'm not too big to admit that the fear is there. Staying strong and resilient for my kids is keeping me going.

There, that's how I feel. Stay safe everybody x

It’s a strange feeling. For instance I was devastated when glasto was cancelled but because it’s the same for all of us then there’s a sense of camaraderie that we are all in it together and not because  can’t get to our festival because of a personal issue.

That feeling applies to everything at the moment whether it’s holidays being cancelled, going to the supermarket, protecting our loved ones etc. Everyone is affected by this nightmare and sharing in it lessens the pain and sense of isolation.  Coming on sites like this are a tremendous help. Keep safe and well 

• Upvote 3

I feel lonely and I'm worried about the whole situation. But i'm not really sad about Glastonbury anymore because I'm thinking more about when i'll actually be able to see people again

I feel like I'm being a pain to everyone as well. I don't have a lot of friends so its the same few I'm phoning /video calling all the time and I just feel like they are probably sick of me. I'm not doing it every day tho

On the plus side, haven't had a panic attack for 3 days now so that's good.

• Like 1

A bit differently to people here, I think I'm finding it harder as it's going on. When I first heard the news it was somewhat expected and there were bigger issues to worry about. But now I've been working from home for a few weeks (read: boredom setting in) and the sun has been shining here recently, which is making me pine for the festival. Especially as about now would be full on preparation mode, dissecting the line up, planning booze, planning outfits etc.

Imagine it'll only feel weirder the closer it gets!

I've been essentially on lockdown (only leaving for shopping/exercise, working from home etc) since the 14th March. First two weeks were okay, got a lot fo work done. This week has been a bit of a write off, waking up late and playing Fallout 4 all day. Hanging in there mentally but I really want to try and keep up at least a bit of work productivity, otherwise the guilt will give me a mental beating.

It's also been weird this week, I feel like the actual virus itself is becoming more of a kind of abstract thing in the background. I guess my brain is now fully engaged with trying to keep sane during quarantine 

Edited by thrillhouse188

I've been in self-imposed isolation for more than 2 weeks, I feel very safe at home, and do a long walk every morning which I love, on the few occasions I venture out for shopping I admit I feel a little insecure and avoid everyone.

I've been reconciled to losing Glastonbury for ages now so I don't feel too bad, I'm trying to set other hopes and aims that I can achieve. All this walking has resurrected the desire to walk Hadrian's Wall as soon as I safely can, it's the last thing on my original to do list from 6 years ago. 

I'm still clinging to the belief Bearded Theory will go ahead in September so I have one festival in 2020. 

I've applied to the NHS Volunteer Team but haven't heard anything yet, I was on the cusp of volunteering for NHS Nightingale Manchester yesterday but fear got the better of me....

Edited by Avalon_Fields

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I've applied to the NHS Volunteer Team but haven't heard anything yet, I was on the cusp of volunteering for NHS Nightingale Manchester yesterday but fear got the better of me....

When did you put your app in AF? I did mine a couple of weeks ago and only got my confirmation through this morning as they were processing the applications.

I think I’d slowly become more and more expectant of the festival cancellation up untill the time we got told ... although I didn’t have tickets I’d invested quite a bit into the the ticket quest and was really looking forward to some success for the resale team and hopefully myself too , I’d also had a few things going around in my head that I wanted to try to help us ... don’t know if having a ticket would make me feel more disappointed ... generally I’m fine and thoughts about the family and practicalities of them staying safe have really taken over ... and hoping the ones that are quiet at the moment are ok and just getting on with life 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

think I’d slowly become more and more expectant of the festival cancellation up untill the time we got told ...

Agree with that, in the current parlance the curve of cancellation expectation was flattened and it wasn’t really a big shock when it happened. There was no shock announcement out of the blue. 

I am sure the investment you and others made in the quest for the resale will provide dividends hopefully as soon as October! 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Agree with that, in the current parlance the curve of cancellation expectation was flattened and it wasn’t really a big shock when it happened. There was no shock announcement out of the blue. 

I am sure the investment you and others made in the quest for the resale will provide dividends hopefully as soon as October! 

the little bump with the announcement was just a daily bit of hope , but wasn't following the trend . Lets hope :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Quark said:

When did you put your app in AF? I did mine a couple of weeks ago and only got my confirmation through this morning as they were processing the applications.

I applied the morning after it was announced, I think Tuesday 24th, I got a confirmation email last Saturday but not heard anything yet. I’ll let you know if/when I hear. Good luck! 

5 hours ago, Zacko said:

I'm actually ok so far re Glasto.

I think because I missed out last year on tickets it's just sort of turning into one long fallow period for me. I haven't been since 2017, and before that there'd been a big gap, so it's sort of almost the norm now? 

But I do agree with you Matt, I'll probably have a completely different mindset once Summer comes and all the festivals I had tickets for have been cancelled, especially if we're back to some kind of "normality" by then (as unlikely as this may be). 

The one potential saving grace is Love Saves the Day attempting to move to September. If/when this doesn't go ahead I think that's when I'll be really gutted. 

Outside of festivals I'm feeling pretty ok, glad that I have my decks/speakers/music production stuff here with me, and that I can WFH!

Been keeping my eye on Love Saves as I normally do it every year, I think they might be a bit optimistic with the early September date though unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

I feel lonely and I'm worried about the whole situation. But i'm not really sad about Glastonbury anymore because I'm thinking more about when i'll actually be able to see people again

I feel like I'm being a pain to everyone as well. I don't have a lot of friends so its the same few I'm phoning /video calling all the time and I just feel like they are probably sick of me. I'm not doing it every day tho

Your friends definitely won't be thinking of you as being a pain, I promise you. If anything they're probably in the same boat as you.
If you want then give me a DM and I'll send you my number. I think the more people we all talk to at the moment the better so more than happy if you want to give me a text etc :) - but no worries if not, no pressure!

In relation to Glasto being cancelled... I'm kinda ok with it. When it became obvious it wasn't really possible to go ahead the concern became if they would carry tickets over. When they confirmed they would that softened the blow massively. I will really miss it this June but it feels different to not getting tickets. There isn't anything I specifically will be missing out on, we all are. We're in it together. 

That and the party on the farm in 2021 will be incredible!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Your friends definitely won't be thinking of you as being a pain, I promise you. If anything they're probably in the same boat as you.
If you want then give me a DM and I'll send you my number. I think the more people we all talk to at the moment the better so more than happy if you want to give me a text etc :) - but no worries if not, no pressure!

In relation to Glasto being cancelled... I'm kinda ok with it. When it became obvious it wasn't really possible to go ahead the concern became if they would carry tickets over. When they confirmed they would that softened the blow massively. I will really miss it this June but it feels different to not getting tickets. There isn't anything I specifically will be missing out on, we all are. We're in it together. 

That and the party on the farm in 2021 will be incredible!

I'm out of upvotes but that's so very kind of you!! :)

And I couldn't agree more 2021 is gunna be the biggest party!! I think it's gunna be special! 

5 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

Keep posting on here we are all in this together! 

The day it was announced is was really down, but after a couple of days I was ok. I’ve got bearded theory and Shambala hopefully to look forward too. 

I also start my new job on the 1st July so that’s replaced Glastonbury in my mind.

Sadly 2 of my friends Had weddings planned which they have had to postpone until next year. 

I only got my place two days before it got cancelled so I never fully expected to be going. I'm weirdly feeling fine about the festival season which I have basically written off.  Trying to focus on other things - gardening has never been so appealing