How do you feel?

Matt42

3 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

I'm feeling pretty angry. I've just been up to my allotment and some bastard has nicked my pumpkin. They took the best and biggest and left the scrawny ones in situ. You can't trust anyone these days. They are less than £1 in Tesco.

Thats not nice... people can be twats cant they?

This year hasnt been a good one for pumpkin growing generally for me.. We normally have a couple of really big ones (30-4olb) and several smaller ones but this year we just have a single medium sized one...

The good news for you is that the smaller ones normally make better eating... Enjoy those..

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Ommadawn,

Sorry to hear about your pumpkin loss. It really is hard to fathom out what kind of 'species' would do a thing like that. Well, it is up until the point where you think 'human', and you also think 'Yes, yes, that's the species'. However, they ( the pumpkin thieves) aren't representative in a 'majority' kind of a way. They are very much out there, but a very small subset all on their own. Don't be angry. Laugh your fucking bollocks off at them. Unless they actually needed them for food or some sort of very necessary wealth creation, then just laugh your bollocks off at them. 

Actually, that's a tainted suggestion.* I hadn't thought about your situation until a bit more, just then. You did create their being (so to speak), and nurtured them along too. It was yours to harvest and not someone else's. 

Fucking w*nkers.

That's what they'd be called.

* Far too long to explain, right now.

Anyway, as some sort of attempt to help you get out of your, quite understandable, angry mood, I offer this as a sort of medication (see track below);

Also, don't dwell and squander on it, if you can. The more time you spend in that direction, the more time you'll have wasted.

Talk about a waste of time - do you remember our 'plan' to get Micheal Eavis to run with the Olympic flag a few years ago? 

We was fucking robbed mate!

That man deserved to have had that privilege - for his services to the arts, his and his families donations to charity, and for still sporting shorts regardless of how fucking cold it may be!

Please do enjoy your weekend.

All the best. 🙂

Thanks. I shouldn't get so annoyed really. It was only a pumpkin but I was growing it for the young daughter of one of my fellow plot holders so she'll be really disappointed.

I do remember trying for the Olympic torch for Michael. I still wonder why he wasn't selected. At least I did my (small) bit to help get him his CBE.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oneeye said:

What's your colour?

IMG-20211019-WA0000.jpg.6817f1f993d2cdfc7e71149142b2f9ef.jpg

That's just fantastic oneeye. Really top shelf stuff. Mind you, it's not infallible, I'd say. I'd say that because, at first, I thought that there was a chance that I was going through a worm hole. Maybe I have and that I'm talking to you now, but given the time / space continuum difference, you are unable to understand what I am saying.

Or is it because I talk a load of old bollocks!?

Thought so.

We're about to lay down the first expense for Glastonbury 2022 outside of our deposit.

NE coach tickets go on sale tomorrow, and we're going to try and book one to leave the festival on the Sunday night.

Incredibly exciting to be putting plans in place like this! Anybody know what time tickets go on sale?

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

We're about to lay down the first expense for Glastonbury 2022 outside of our deposit.

NE coach tickets go on sale tomorrow, and we're going to try and book one to leave the festival on the Sunday night.

Incredibly exciting to be putting plans in place like this! Anybody know what time tickets go on sale?

National express just say tickets go on sale tomorrow , no time mentioned. I know someone who is looking to travel from Glasgow and reckons he will start looking from midnight tonight on the assumption that’s how their on line booking system works.   Anyway, good to hear the excitement building for you! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

While I definitely understand the urge to get things sorted early, in this casse I wouldn't worry about the specific time that Nat Ex go on sale.

Historically, they've only ever really sold out of specific journeys in the weeks leading up to the festival - partly at least because if the demand is high enough to justify it then they can (and do) increase capacity as much as they want by allocating more coaches.

Obviously the bookings rolled over from 2020 could change the equation slightly, but I'd be stunned if anything is marked as sold out in the first few weeks of sale.

1 hour ago, incident said:

While I definitely understand the urge to get things sorted early, in this casse I wouldn't worry about the specific time that Nat Ex go on sale.

Historically, they've only ever really sold out of specific journeys in the weeks leading up to the festival - partly at least because if the demand is high enough to justify it then they can (and do) increase capacity as much as they want by allocating more coaches.

Obviously the bookings rolled over from 2020 could change the equation slightly, but I'd be stunned if anything is marked as sold out in the first few weeks of sale.

This is my Nth attempt at starting to say what I want to say. However, I can't find the words for a long explanation for a question, so I'll keep it short;

My first thoughts were that you know your stuff.

Then I thought this;

image.jpeg.e157c21bd87d26258e6e58217238aee5.jpeg

Now for the question. What does that say to you?

Only joking. That's the position where I'd be in giving any advice out on this subject. 

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading your post.

7 hours ago, incident said:

Haha, I know there's no rush, I'm just excited to have things move forward slightly.

On Twitter, NE have been telling people they're not rolling over 2020 tickets, and anyone who has one will need to book again and get a refund for their original purchase. Cue plenty of confusion.

Edit: looks like coaches can now be booked!

Edited by kalifire

6 hours ago, kalifire said:

On Twitter, NE have been telling people they're not rolling over 2020 tickets, and anyone who has one will need to book again and get a refund for their original purchase. Cue plenty of confusion.

A mistake many people make is assuming that the Social Media types know what the hell they're talking about when usually they're just regurgitating whatever is on the website. Think of it in the context of where you work - Who looks after the social media? Would you trust them to tell you the correct time?

I've got an email guaranteeing that my trip will be rolled over and that they've had my cash for near 2 years now so I fully expect them to honour it - indeed, if the social media types were accurate, then NX would have acted definitely unethically and potentially illegally by not issuing notifications and automatic refunds to everyone affected by now.

How to you feel?:  knackered 😅

the world seems to be dining out atm & hospitality it soooooo busy but (and this should prob be in the Good News thread but I've no time to write 2 posts) I've been promoted 😁😁😁 woop woop

And I sold a painting the other day 😁 

I've got a sale running to end Oct if anyone is interested in festival inspired artworks, I'll not spam with my link but you'll find it if you search my profile 😉

Off for another 11+ hour day 😋

20 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

How to you feel?:  knackered 😅

the world seems to be dining out atm & hospitality it soooooo busy but (and this should prob be in the Good News thread but I've no time to write 2 posts) I've been promoted 😁😁😁 woop woop

And I sold a painting the other day 😁 

I've got a sale running to end Oct if anyone is interested in festival inspired artworks, I'll not spam with my link but you'll find it if you search my profile 😉

Off for another 11+ hour day 😋

Congrats on the promotion. 

Yep, we're still so busy here too. Dreading this half term. As busy as summer but all the students we employed have gone back to uni!. Still, just this week to get through then it goes very quiet apart from weekends. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Congrats on the promotion. 

Yep, we're still so busy here too. Dreading this half term. As busy as summer but all the students we employed have gone back to uni!. Still, just this week to get through then it goes very quiet apart from weekends. 

Thank you 😁

What a day, 12 hours & 50 million plates later 😆

You're in the Lakes aren't you?  Bet it's crazy busy up there this coming week, good luck!  The place I'm currently at is a big hotel/conference/wedding venue so if it's not holiday makers it's commercial clients & weddings... we're ploughing on through busy up until Christmas now unless any pandemic restrictions bring it all to a grinding halt.  Must say I'm loving being back in a thriving kitchen again 🤗

1 hour ago, DirtyLurker said:

Thank you 😁

What a day, 12 hours & 50 million plates later 😆

You're in the Lakes aren't you?  Bet it's crazy busy up there this coming week, good luck!  The place I'm currently at is a big hotel/conference/wedding venue so if it's not holiday makers it's commercial clients & weddings... we're ploughing on through busy up until Christmas now unless any pandemic restrictions bring it all to a grinding halt.  Must say I'm loving being back in a thriving kitchen again 🤗

I am.

And yes, it is. One last push

I guess you could say that we are in the hospitality business too. My wife runs a small Airbnb log cabin. We had guests last night who hardly stayed in the cabin. The reason for that was that they were up with us in the main house getting raucously pissed (and stoned in my case) with us instead. The guests have left now, but they can only have been in the cabin for a maximum of 4 hours, I'd say,. And that was purely for sleep.

It's an odd mixture of people you get in this game. We've had plenty of guests here that have ended up doing the same as above. And then you get 'normal' people staying. They are harder to please than the reprobates. 

We had one couple who arrived separately. The lady arrived first. She walked through our kitchen to try to find my wife to explain her earlier than expected arrival. When she opened our lounge door it was to find my wife (who was pissed and had fallen over) stuck arse down within a large plastic laundry basket. By the time I got home the two of them were getting on famously, and I was instructed to roll the new guest a joint - which I duly did. then her new beaux arrived and he saw what was going on and then produced a load of mcat from his pocket. They eventually got their first sight of the the cabin they had booked at 6am!

In terms of how I'm feeling - I'm actually OK today. Just being OK is a considerable improvement on what's been happening in my life of late. I'll settle for OK, no problem.

I think this is the right thread.

Took DVB jnr to Coombe Abbey Park for a wander about and came across a tribute to the NHS by Standing With Giants. Its a large installation of around 300 life size NHS figures (some shown below).

"To honour and thank those who work so tirelessly fighting for out freedom, in particular a tribute to those who lost their battle to COVID-19 whilst working on the frontline".

Uplifting, thought provoking and sad in equal measure, its impact doubles when you walk through the display and realise that every one has been written on the back by members the public, offering thanks, support for the NHS and in some cases in memorandum for those who didn't make it.

DVB jnr was more interested in the ducks 😃

IMG_8868.jpg

IMG_8872.jpg

IMG_8870a.jpg

IMG_8883.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

I think this is the right thread.

Took DVB jnr to Coombe Abbey Park for a wander about and came across a tribute to the NHS by Standing With Giants. Its a large installation of around 300 life size NHS figures (some shown below).

"To honour and thank those who work so tirelessly fighting for out freedom, in particular a tribute to those who lost their battle to COVID-19 whilst working on the frontline".

Uplifting, thought provoking and sad in equal measure, its impact doubles when you walk through the display and realise that every one has been written on the back by members the public, offering thanks, support for the NHS and in some cases in memorandum for those who didn't make it.

DVB jnr was more interested in the ducks 😃

IMG_8868.jpg

IMG_8872.jpg

IMG_8870a.jpg

IMG_8883.jpg

Thanks for posting this @DarrenVonBoathook.

I hadn't heard of / or seen any of this. 

I agree with the gambit of emotions that you state it provokes. Heightened I'd say by physically being next to this admirable and fitting tribute, I'd have thought. 

On an artistic and emotional level, it really is cosmic.

Feeling refreshed after a walk on the moors today, been getting over a stinker of a cold but finally out the other end. Bruce enjoyed it to. Clocks tonight. Hope everyone is fine and dandy as we enter November, peace and cider 🙏 😊 

IMG-20211030-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20211030-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20211030-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20211030-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20211030-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20211030-WA0023.jpg

249029180_3032894706923563_5001377388355702677_n.jpg

Edited by oneeye
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

So I’m feeling shit.

I have had the three Covid vaccines and haven’t been ill, until now.

I work in a Mental Health unit. I follow all the hospital procedures to try and stay safe, but the job comes with some Covid risks (as is the case for many jobs).

Yesterday I had a positive PCR result ☹️

The last few days have been really unpleasant and I have spent most of tonight coughing (chest feels  really sore now).

I do feel grateful that I have had the vaccines and that I have some protection from the worse Covid can do. I wouldn’t want to be fighting Covid unvaccinated, think I would have ended up seriously ill.

Anyway this Covid business is no picnic, I feel really rough and Covid has torpedoed my family’s Christmas plans (could be much worse though, at least I’m not spending Christmas in hospital).

Me and my family had been playing in safe and had been avoiding crowds over the last few weeks, in the hope we could meet with some of our extended family, but it was not to be. Unfortunately  some of my work colleagues are also unwell, so think I have got infected at work.

Anyway stay safe everyone and hope you all stay infection free this Christmas.

Good to have efestival’s back - no one else is going to listen to me at 6am😊