How do you feel?

Matt42

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Zoo Music Girl,

I can't offer you any specific advice on those two situations. I do know that there are very few people who wouldn't struggle faced with what you are dealing with. I think that they call that group that wouldn't either sociopaths, psychopaths, or both.

The thing is, I guess, if you want to 'grow' as a person, then you have to accept that the education' isn't always going to come from a welcome source.  

Sorry, that's the best that I can currently say / have the ability to say - with the exception of me wishing you to stay strong and concentrate on the positives in your relationship with your mom, and be there as best possible for your friend.

Maybe that makes some sense.

Thank you. It does and I appreciate it.

Hope things are okay as can be with you and your mum.

10 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Struggling considerably at the moment. It's my mum's funeral next week (a full six weeks since she died, due to the delayed postmortem, which has felt like forever). Everything about the planning for that has been stressful, often needlessly due to other family members. There is now a delay to the coffin being delivered - no idea if that is related to the wider disruption or just unlucky but it is really not helping.

On top of that, my friend with cancer has just found out two of her kids have covid during chemo week. They've been taken to her mum's for a few days and she has been double jabbed but really was hoping not to see a real world test of the vaccines in clinically vulnerable people. Terrified she will get it and hoping for the best.

Really sorry to hear that. I think the last 18 months have been incredibly overwhelming for everyone and even more so for you clearly.

I can’t really offer any advice but I hope things get better for u soon. I hope your friend gets better soon.

7 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Really sorry to hear that. I think the last 18 months have been incredibly overwhelming for everyone and even more so for you clearly.

I can’t really offer any advice but I hope things get better for u soon. I hope your friend gets better soon.

Thank you very much, that's kind of you. It has been a real slog. Hoping for brighter times ahead.

On 9/24/2021 at 3:51 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Struggling considerably at the moment. It's my mum's funeral next week (a full six weeks since she died, due to the delayed postmortem, which has felt like forever). Everything about the planning for that has been stressful, often needlessly due to other family members. There is now a delay to the coffin being delivered - no idea if that is related to the wider disruption or just unlucky but it is really not helping.

On top of that, my friend with cancer has just found out two of her kids have covid during chemo week. They've been taken to her mum's for a few days and she has been double jabbed but really was hoping not to see a real world test of the vaccines in clinically vulnerable people. Terrified she will get it and hoping for the best.

Delighted to report that my friend has managed to avoid catching Covid. And neither has her partner, who is quarantining with the kids, so that's a big success for the Pfizer vaccines right there. That said, the third kid didn't contract it either. Bloody weird virus. Thank fuck, though.

• Like 2

Delighted to report that my friend has managed to avoid catching Covid. And neither has her partner, who is quarantining with the kids, so that's a big success for the Pfizer vaccines right there. That said, the third kid didn't contract it either. Bloody weird virus. Thank fuck, though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

It’s my birthday today so feeling the distance from family a little acutely. My ex is cooking me dinner which is lovely of her. Daydreaming about a cider in hand, enjoying a sense of connectedness with you fuckers in Somerset next June. 

Happy Birthday , keep dreaming - it will happen and when it does it will be the most amazing feeling 

• Like 1

Just about to split up with my girlfriend of nine months, so feel a bit shit. But yknow, if you dont love someone, then you shouldnt take up any more of their time - thats how i feel about it. I suspect she'll not be too happy but i dont want to lead her on. So i feel like im simultaneously a terrible arsehole, and someone doing the right thing. 

Hey ZMG,

I've been off these boards for a while, so only just seen your news.  So sorry to read it, and I offer my condolences, for what it's worth.  Take care.

On 9/19/2021 at 11:23 PM, Ryan1984 said:

First born is due in seven weeks. Starting to feel a little overwhelmed and worried that nothing is going to be ready by the time baby comes home - also thinking too much about the tiredness and money worries to come but extremely excited. Any tips for helping the wife deal with the latter stages of the third trimester?

Sorry no tips as I haven't been there and done that but I find that we are better at dealing with tiredness etc than we ever believe we will be. On the money worries front don't buy even half the things that people tell you you need. You will find that local selling groups and even freecycling groups will be full of a lot of the things you want and cost next to nothing. Babies are easily amused just pulling funny faces is enough to entertain them. Don't get yourself in debt to buy anything that isn't essential. 

Sorry to hear this. I hope your friend will be absolutely fine and that the funeral passes as peacefully and as uneventfully as possible. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Just about to split up with my girlfriend of nine months, so feel a bit shit. But yknow, if you dont love someone, then you shouldnt take up any more of their time - thats how i feel about it. I suspect she'll not be too happy but i dont want to lead her on. So i feel like im simultaneously a terrible arsehole, and someone doing the right thing. 

When I look back on my life the only thing that I regret is being in a couple of relationships for too long. They did finish in the end, by my own hand as it were. However, I do feel guilty that I didn't cease those relationships sooner. Both were fine people who, on reflection, should have been told much sooner. I feel like I stole time from them, which I had no right to steal. If you don't love this lady then you don't. Yes, splitting up is crap, but in the long run you'll be doing them a favour.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, kalifire said:

It’s my birthday today so feeling the distance from family a little acutely. My ex is cooking me dinner which is lovely of her. Daydreaming about a cider in hand, enjoying a sense of connectedness with you fuckers in Somerset next June. 

Happy birthday kali … soon be there  , look forward to saying hello in June .. times have been hard for us all in different ways … I can’t imagine that disconnect from family … hopefully we can all look forward to happier times … I got the keys to a terraced house today and although I’m delighted to be in …. It’s weird and very quiet for just me knocking about 

9 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Certainly sounds like you’re doing the right things, and that you feel like an arsehole points to you actually being a decent human.

Sharp pain now is much better than long term ache.

13 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Absolutely right. Breaking up with people is horrible and I think harder than being dumped, but it's much better than leading someone on. Good luck.

10 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Hey ZMG,

I've been off these boards for a while, so only just seen your news.  So sorry to read it, and I offer my condolences, for what it's worth.  Take care.

Thank you very much xx

9 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Sorry no tips as I haven't been there and done that but I find that we are better at dealing with tiredness etc than we ever believe we will be. On the money worries front don't buy even half the things that people tell you you need. You will find that local selling groups and even freecycling groups will be full of a lot of the things you want and cost next to nothing. Babies are easily amused just pulling funny faces is enough to entertain them. Don't get yourself in debt to buy anything that isn't essential. 

Sorry to hear this. I hope your friend will be absolutely fine and that the funeral passes as peacefully and as uneventfully as possible. 

So far so good. She's managed to avoid infection thus far, thank you. 

Today I went to see the body of my mum in the Chapel of Rest at the funeral home. It was extremely tough but necessary and I'm really glad I did it. Just need to get the rest of this week over with now. Thanks all for the kind words.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

11 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Today I went to see the body of my mum in the Chapel of Rest at the funeral home. It was extremely tough but necessary and I'm really glad I did it. Just need to get the rest of this week over with now. Thanks all for the kind words.

I don't tend to come into these threads very often, so didn't realise you had lost your mum ZMG. My sincere condolences and I hope the week goes as well as it can for you.

x

12 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Absolutely right. Breaking up with people is horrible and I think harder than being dumped, but it's much better than leading someone on. Good luck.

Thank you very much xx

I too am out of the loop and only a occasional visitor here, so I'm a bit behind, but I'm so sorry to hear this. Awful stuff, ZMG, my sympathies. 

On 9/27/2021 at 9:37 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

A wee bit of respite in a shit time. Good news that x

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't tend to come into these threads very often, so didn't realise you had lost your mum ZMG. My sincere condolences and I hope the week goes as well as it can for you.

x

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

I too am out of the loop and only a occasional visitor here, so I'm a bit behind, but I'm so sorry to hear this. Awful stuff, ZMG, my sympathies. 

3 hours ago, Quark said:

A wee bit of respite in a shit time. Good news that x

Thank you all xx

Hope all good in your worlds.

20 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thank you very much xx

Oh mate. ❤️

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for your kind words on here the last few weeks. My mother's funeral was yesterday and I got through it. Was a good day in the end, although hard and very sad. Mainly I just feel relieved that that part is over with and I can make a bit of space for myself to deal with the loss now. Lots of love and support to all going through their own difficult times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thank you all for your kind words on here the last few weeks. My mother's funeral was yesterday and I got through it. Was a good day in the end, although hard and very sad. Mainly I just feel relieved that that part is over with and I can make a bit of space for myself to deal with the loss now. Lots of love and support to all going through their own difficult times.

Not much to add pal. Take care x

On 9/27/2021 at 9:38 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yep it seems weird regardless of vaccine status. I guess some people just must have natural immunity whether through sheer luck or perhaps having had a flu virus or something that was similar enough to it to have acquired the immunity. My friend caught it from his daughter just after Christmas last year and was very worried about his wife and other child getting it as his wife has quite bad asthma but despite her daughter kissing her etc before she knew she had it his wife never caught it. 

Glad the funeral went well and is out of the way so to speak. The real healing from it all can begin now.