How do you feel?

Matt42

10 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

You will have a great time!! Take the anxiety one step at a time!! 
it wont beat you! It just likes to think it can!! 
Enjoy being back in the field again! 

Yea thanks funkychick... 

I go through this EVERY TIME I have to go to a place where people are.. Lol still van ready.. Havin a Cuppa tea then a slow drive.. Bless her she only hits 50mph down hill lol 

Feeling a bit perkier today. Some good vaccination news from Australia for once. I’ve already written off Christmas but I’m pretty confident about Glastonbury now. Not enough to buy a flight yet but that may well happen in December to lighten the mood a little. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Feeling a bit perkier today. Some good vaccination news from Australia for once. I’ve already written off Christmas but I’m pretty confident about Glastonbury now. Not enough to buy a flight yet but that may well happen in December to lighten the mood a little. 

My poor parents are desperate to get to Perth to see my Sister and her Husband.

Both retired so ready to pack up and go as soon as the green light is given.

You're thinking by mid next year then? Across all states? I know Perth is a bit of an outlier generally given it's geographical position!

26 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My poor parents are desperate to get to Perth to see my Sister and her Husband.

Both retired so ready to pack up and go as soon as the green light is given.

You're thinking by mid next year then? Across all states? I know Perth is a bit of an outlier generally given it's geographical position!

They've announced four stages to reach something approaching normality, with a vaccination target which will trigger each one. The comms around this have been notably vague and non-committal, but it's a plan agreed with all State Premiers and health officers, so it's about as good as it gets for now.

It's possible your parents may be able to fly in when we get to Phase C ("Gradual reopening of inward and outward international travel with safe countries and proportionate quarantine and reduced requirements for fully vaccinated inbound travellers") but that'll depend on how the UK is looking.

Edited by kalifire

Not sure - as in 'I'm not sure how I feel'. Essentially there's a 'force' trying to make me feel guilty, and then the there's me trying to just have a laugh - whether that is on my own or with others. However, I must say that it is increasingly on my own. Maybe I am guilty of feeling like I have the almost bourgeois privilege of demanding to be in control of my own lunacy. Maybe not.

15 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Like shit in all honesty, I'm starting to spiral again. 

Oh bollocks! not good news at all. The only advice that I feel that I can offer is to say to think along the lines of 'You were at a split on the path. There was no sign post showing where either path led. So, you chose one. It's not the right one. You get a choice. You can still go back and take the other path. You can work on choosing to live a life without this yoke around your neck. 

I realise that may not help. However, that was kind of my epiphany, and I've been down the path that you are on, so it might help.

Pretty fucking shit this end, in all honesty. My mum passed away last week and I'm still really struggling to process it. She wasn't even ill until three weeks ago and it all happened very fast. It wasn't Covid but Covid regs meant I wasn't allowed to visit her so I think that's partly why it seems so unreal still. Hoping the funeral will help, but there's likely to be a bit of a delay to that too. I'm off work for another week, just trying to take it easy and support the rest of my family but I just feel exhausted and numb to be quite honest.

I've spent most of the last year scared that my father-in-law and one of my best friends, both with stage 4 cancer, would get Covid or take a turn for the worse, but beyond general worries about my parents getting the virus this wasn't really on my radar at all. Just goes to show that life comes at you and you can't really predict these things. Let the people in your lives know you love them while you can.

Think I'm finally going to look into some kind of therapy. Another best friend died of cancer in 2018 and honestly I think I'm still struggling with that in many ways, let alone all this other shit. It's been a fucking shit few years.

Sorry for the long post. Seemed the best place to put it. Big love to anyone else struggling right now. Talking to people definitely helps.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m really sorry to hear that @Zoo Music Girl my thoughts are with you and your family. If you need to talk then please drop me message. 

Thank you @Ozanne that's very kind. Luckily I have some good people around me and I know not everyone does so I feel grateful for that. 

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Pretty fucking shit this end, in all honesty. My mum passed away last week and I'm still really struggling to process it. She wasn't even ill until three weeks ago and it all happened very fast. It wasn't Covid but Covid regs meant I wasn't allowed to visit her so I think that's partly why it seems so unreal still. Hoping the funeral will help, but there's likely to be a bit of a delay to that too. I'm off work for another week, just trying to take it easy and support the rest of my family but I just feel exhausted and numb to be quite honest.

I've spent most of the last year scared that my father-in-law and one of my best friends, both with stage 4 cancer, would get Covid or take a turn for the worse, but beyond general worries about my parents getting the virus this wasn't really on my radar at all. Just goes to show that life comes at you and you can't really predict these things. Let the people in your lives know you love them while you can.

Think I'm finally going to look into some kind of therapy. Another best friend died of cancer in 2018 and honestly I think I'm still struggling with that in many ways, let alone all this other shit. It's been a fucking shit few years.

Sorry for the long post. Seemed the best place to put it. Big love to anyone else struggling right now. Talking to people definitely helps.

Really sorry to hear that ZMG.

• Thanks 1

To add a more positive spin I've been a member of this little online community for bloody ages now and it still really helps me get through things, ticket or no ticket, festival or no festival. Reading people arguing about 2022 headliners for a festival I don't even have a ticket for is oddly soothing in times of crisis.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Very sorry for the sad news. Best wishes. Stay strong.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sorry to hear, sad times indeed but you know there are always better times just around the corner, it will get better.

A couple of horse pics from Dartmoor earlier today, spot the difference (hope it brings a smile) x

IMG-20210828-WA0006.thumb.jpg.564ac987a01d671bc1f16d6fd44af90b.jpgIMG-20210828-WA0009.thumb.jpg.556b4cf636235e3f70cc498640a8d7e7.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sorry to hear that, hope you are okay. I reckon getting into therapy now is a good idea. My mate I was bubbling with's mum died seven years ago and he's only gone into it last month, so reckon you are well ahead of the curve! Stay safe.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Very sorry for the sad news. Best wishes. Stay strong.

1 hour ago, oneeye said:

Sorry to hear, sad times indeed but you know there are always better times just around the corner, it will get better.

A couple of horse pics from Dartmoor earlier today, spot the difference (hope it brings a smile) x

IMG-20210828-WA0006.thumb.jpg.564ac987a01d671bc1f16d6fd44af90b.jpgIMG-20210828-WA0009.thumb.jpg.556b4cf636235e3f70cc498640a8d7e7.jpg

39 minutes ago, Homer said:

Sorry to hear that, hope you are okay. I reckon getting into therapy now is a good idea. My mate I was bubbling with's mum died seven years ago and he's only gone into it last month, so reckon you are well ahead of the curve! Stay safe.

Thanks all, much appreciated. Need more upvotes for all of you!

And yes the pic did raise a smile 😀 

21 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Wishing you all the love and support you can muster.

• Thanks 1