How do you feel?

Matt42

NOTE - This may not be to everybody's taste.

I once worked with a contractor who also did dog breeding on the side. He came into the office one day and started telling me about what had happened the day before. That he had previously got a bitch and it needed inseminating. So, he'd arranged to meet an unknown lady at her kennels for her dog to do the deed. He said when he got there this drop dead attractive woman met him and introduced herself as the lady he was to meet. Anyway, to cut to the chase, he said that this lady started off w*nking her dog off next to his bitch. He then told me that he thought to himself - 'well, if she's willing to do that' etc etc. 

I was then supposed to laugh, I kind of did but not really. It was enough for the situation not to be embarrassing. 

The contractor's name was Terry. He also said to me that he couldn't handle the stress of being a successful contractor and was drinking a bottle of whisky a night. 

I didn't work with him for that long before there was (yet) another contractual change which saw me overlooking another contractors contract.

There - that's my Terry story. I'd actually forgotten all about that until now.

• Like 1

Awful. Too hot, couldn't sleep. Took a load of paracetamol and listened to Disintegration and other music. Now I have a really busy day ahead of me: work, preparing for Latitude festival and the move to Bristol, and seeing my friend for the last time before I leave

Edited by Gilgamesh69

I feel bloody marvellous! Still hungover to hell and almost hoarse from all the singing and chatting, but a weekend camping with my Glasto buddies was the most normal weekend in a long long time…all set up on my mates farm, he even hired a Portaloo for the weekend!

image.thumb.jpeg.b9787ab6ffff679dd67c09675f3e7ffe.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

I feel bloody marvellous! Still hungover to hell and almost hoarse from all the singing and chatting, but a weekend camping with my Glasto buddies was the most normal weekend in a long long time…all set up on my mates farm, he even hired a Portaloo for the weekend!

image.thumb.jpeg.b9787ab6ffff679dd67c09675f3e7ffe.jpeg

Wow that looks fab. I had my first gig on Friday and it was bloody marvellous too. 

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Wow that looks fab. I had my first gig on Friday and it was bloody marvellous too. 

Just being able to do things that used to be normal feels so good again. I can’t imagine what it’s gonna be like when we all finally make it back to Worthy Farm next year, it’s going amazing! 

7 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Just being able to do things that used to be normal feels so good again. I can’t imagine what it’s gonna be like when we all finally make it back to Worthy Farm next year, it’s going amazing! 

Yes there was definitely quite a joyful vibe at our gig. Got my fingers crossed that I get tickets in the resale. Think it'll be a tough ask but I'll be giving it my all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any tips for how to switch off? I've had three or four mad weeks at work winding down now, but really struggling to appreciate/enjoy stuff that would normally be bread and butter (films, sport etc.). My brains been working overtime, but I've found it really hard to focus on one thing today. Ended up jumping every 20-30 mins between efests, netflix, ps4, olympics, football. I went out for a walk earlier, but reverted to type when I got back. Is it just tiredness?

Edited by reflekting

2 hours ago, reflekting said:

Anyone got any tips for how to switch off? I've had three or four mad weeks at work winding down now, but really struggling to appreciate/enjoy stuff that would normally be bread and butter (films, sport etc.). My brains been working overtime, but I've found it really hard to focus on one thing today. Ended up jumping every 20-30 mins between efests, netflix, ps4, olympics, football. I went out for a walk earlier, but reverted to type when I got back. Is it just tiredness?

Try reading a physical book or put headphones in and listen to an old favourite album/something completely brand new? I’m sure we can all offer recommendations if you say what kind of music you are into?

20 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

So this was the first peaceful weekend in over a month and to start the week off I've got two friends funerals.. Mon/tue.... Nightmare ah 

Sorry to hear!! There are lots of emotional things happening for people at the moment!! I hope people are taking care of themselves during these unsettled times! 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, reflekting said:

My two would be playing sport or lying in bed listening to a podcast. Hope you feel better!

Feeling pretty shit tbh - wrote car off last Thurs, hit a deer, then got PCR positive confirmation this morn☹

As if we went to a zero social distancing festival over 2 weeks ago & everything was hunky dory but I go to a job for 2 days where their staff aren't testing when they have symptoms & I manage to catch this shitty virus.  I literally went nowhere else, no shopping nothing so it has to be that job.  Double vaxxed so antibodies are having sword fights with the virus & doing their job.

So yeah feeling very, very sorry for myself.

Oh and I can't taste/smell anything so can't even comfort eat - and I'll be a pretty shit chef if my palate doesn't come back by the time I'm out of isolation.

Big fat sigh ☹

I hope you're okay @DirtyLurker - at least you're through the car crash, even if it's pretty crap news on the car. 

And @themuel, have you got something that can keep you occupied? Start small with your exercise and work upwards?

Take care.

Edited by vintagelaureate

18 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Try reading a physical book or put headphones in and listen to an old favourite album/something completely brand new? I’m sure we can all offer recommendations if you say what kind of music you are into?

It seems I was just short of sleep that's all (probably all those early mornings watching Olympic coverage). Forced myself for a run yesterday evening, then a decent night's sleep seems to have done the trick. 

Thanks for msgs above.

A quick update: feeling generally a bit better today's, taste/smell is returning slightly, if I try really hard!  Now have excruciating earache & loss if hearing in 1 ear but I am prone to ear infections so this is almost kind of expected.

Feeling extremely grateful for vaccines - those who worked on them & the NHS for the rollout - I can't even begin to imagine how awful I would be feeling had I not been double vaxxed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Feeling low today. Melbourne's announced yet another extension to its sixth lockdown - another two weeks now. Plus they've brought in curfews again, which was the most draconian aspect of any lockdown we've had. Nobody can leave home between 9pm-5am until further notice.

I try and be pragmatic about it, but lockdown fatigue is setting in and there's an increasing weight to the relentlessness of this situation. I suppose our slow but steady rate of vaccination is something (currently on target to vaccinate the country by early December), and when I think it through logically, I'm hopeful about next June, but it's sooooo fucking wearisome.

Doesn't help that the latest extension was triggered by people who're openly breaking the rules.

• Upvote 1

I'm feeling good.

Wife tested positive by LFT Friday with symptoms starting on Thurs (only 1 jab), had PCR and this returned positive Saturday morning. Symptoms mild / cold like.

I've been testing myself using LFT's everyday since and every single one has been negative. Difference being i'm double jabbed with that sweet Moderna nectar.

Best thing about it all is that I only had to isolate for 2 days due to today's rule change. You love to see it!

Bottom line however - GET DOUBLE JABBED.

I'm off to BDs and I'm absolutely panicked out.. Anxiety up in the 8/9s 

Been like this for a few days now.. Thought I'd gotten over this shit.... Bless the wife's been making her funny vodka and all the rest. I've got the good stuff and ready to go meet the convoy tomo but I always get this then think after in 5 days........ What the fuck was all that about... I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets like this before going places but it's fucking horrible and I feel for you... 

But fuck it once I'm parked up I'll be OKish...... Got some 10 year old strawberry wine.. THAT'LL HELP.. 

Peace and water old sons.. Enjoy the weekend. Gx