How do you feel?

Matt42

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don't want to turn this into the next version of a COVID thread but it's understandable you'd be worried about it but I don't think there's much chance we'll go back into another lockdown because the vaccines work so well. That doesn't mean some form of restrictions won't come back, I can see that happening and they probably should in some form.

I know it's easier said than done but maybe try to take yourself away from all the coverage of the pandemic and enjoy some of the aspects of life you feel comfortable to enjoy that you've missed. At least then is certain things get shut again you've enjoyed a bit of life in the meantime.

I think what’s more likely to happen (I was speaking to a friend about this today) I highly doubt we will see a return of a stay at home order, but places where people gather may be asked to close again.

55 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Starting to get a little worried. It’s “freedom day” yet my gut is telling me another lockdown is coming.

What was it that changed me? America seems to be getting hit hard by the delta variant. 95% of cases in the hospital are unvaccinated, which proves the vaccines work, but I think there’s a similar issue going on that having an unvaccinated population stops us from progressing any further…

paging @Ozanne and @Toilet Duck … maybe @Barry Fish too!

It’s gonna be ok Matt. After what everyone has been through collectively for a year and a half at this stage, of course it’s gonna take some time to readjust (and we’ll second guess ourselves over all sorts of things). I said in the c*vid thread that even I (who has absolute faith in vaccines to end this) had to stop myself from worrying a bit when I ate indoors in public last week. But, I’ve been out more in the last week or so than I have at any stage in the last 18 months (was in a local restaurant this evening for my brother in law’s birthday, last time we were all there was Feb 2020!) and it’s getting progressively easier (camping with our Glasto crew next weekend!)..  The vaccines do really work, however it seems the government in the UK have reached the same conclusion many others have and will use vaccination proof for the highest risk activities at the riskiest time of the year, but there should be no way back to where we started, we’re too far down to road back to normality. Still a bit to go, but we’ll get there. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have no idea if prayers work or not. Let's face it, nobody alive does (human, that is). However, I do 'feel' that there's 'something' out there. So I will ask that 'something' for a favour. That's the best I can do, other than to also wish you and your family all the best. I will ask for your sister in law to 'pull through'. I suspect that last bit is universally felt on this site.

Thanks. Yes I have to hope with enough positive energy surrounding her things will go well. 

482 days of lockdown by my count and on day 481 (Saturday) Mrs Fay tests positive for Covid. Had a small pub gig planned on the Sunday for our wedding anniversary so gave the tickets away.

I have tested negative. Bit gutted to be honest as would have liked to have been positive and not had any major symptoms (does that sound mad?)

Isolation driving me cray being stuck in the confines of the house in this heat or the only other option is the back yard which is a sun trap and is about 32c !!!

Cant wait to walk the dogs and go for a run.

So current feeling hot and going slightly mad.

22 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

@oneeyeBest plan with dogs in this weather. We took Ferris out last last night for a dunk in our local pond. He's not a swimmer but he does like to cool himself down in water. 

Is Bruce a Bedlington Terrier?

fezzy.jpg

@gigpusher yes he is a Bedlington, just turned 8, loves water, squirrels and cats! He's special, in more ways than one 😄

Ferris is a great name btw, also a beddy by the looks of him?

Edited by oneeye

23 minutes ago, oneeye said:

@gigpusher yes he is a Bedlington, just turned 8, loves water, squirrels and cats! He's special, in more ways than one 😄

Ferris is a great name btw, also a beddy by the looks of him?

No both of mine are Wheaten Terriers but I do like Beddys as well. Here's a photo of them both when Nuala was fit and well and loving life. Now she's asleep on my feet so I can't move a muscle for the foreseeable. Nuala's only 6 and Ferris is 4.

2018-09-21_12-13-15_700.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

No both of mine are Wheaten Terriers but I do like Beddys as well. Here's a photo of them both when Nuala was fit and well and loving life. Now she's asleep on my feet so I can't move a muscle for the foreseeable. Nuala's only 6 and Ferris is 4.

2018-09-21_12-13-15_700.jpeg

Ah, beauties, my wet dog recognition skills let me down; lovely pic 

33 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

To be fair they change more than most when wet!! 

Are you as knowledgeable on all dog types, or is it within a certain breed or class, or something - I don't know much about dogs? I did use to have a Springer Spaniel as a pet. Well, not pet really. More like as another character in the house. The previous keepers of the dog couldn't keep it anymore, so me and my then girlfriend took her in as there was nowhere else for her to go. she was (has died now) as mad a dog as a mad dog could get. Try saying that after you've had a few. 

We were walking the dog in a local park one day and she ran off and dived into the water of the lake chasing the geese, swimming and trying to catch them. One lad on a bike was watching our dog and not watching where he was going. He then proceeded to ride him and his bike into the afore mentioned lake. Oh, and his mates were in tears laughing at him. Naughty doggy!

20 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Are you as knowledgeable on all dog types, or is it within a certain breed or class, or something - I don't know much about dogs? I did use to have a Springer Spaniel as a pet. Well, not pet really. More like as another character in the house. The previous keepers of the dog couldn't keep it anymore, so me and my then girlfriend took her in as there was nowhere else for her to go. she was (has died now) as mad a dog as a mad dog could get. Try saying that after you've had a few. 

We were walking the dog in a local park one day and she ran off and dived into the water of the lake chasing the geese, swimming and trying to catch them. One lad on a bike was watching our dog and not watching where he was going. He then proceeded to ride him and his bike into the afore mentioned lake. Oh, and his mates were in tears laughing at him. Naughty doggy!

Not on all breeds but have always loved dogs so know quite a few. Springers are renowned for being crazy (another breed I really like though!) Wheaten Terriers were once described by someone as the maddest of all the Terriers and Terriers are generally known for being a law unto themselves amongst the dog world. I like them though. We always joke that I said I didn't want a robot dog and I could not have gotten further away from a robot dog if I tried with either of them. Nuala is very single minded. If you look up stubborn bitch in the dictionary you'll find her picture. Ferris is just mad as a box of frogs and incredibly vocal but they are great company. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I hope he’s treating those squirrels with respect. 

🤣🤣 you're safe there @squirrelarmy, Bruce wears a bell on his collar, no matter how stealth he thinks he is they can hear him a mile off, bless (that also includes pigeons and other wildlife various), couldn't catch a cold 😄

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I hope he’s treating those squirrels with respect. 

Whereas my Ferris has passed the anniversary date of his one and only squirrel kill. We did all pause for a moment to think of the dearly departed squirrel. 

On 7/19/2021 at 10:36 AM, gigpusher said:

Could really do with some cheering up. Anyone got any happy news to share?? I just seem to be getting bad news after bad news at the moment and as someone who is normally quite a positive person it's really getting me down. Last week after months and months of rehabbing my dog one tiny slip up and she managed to fracture her tail. The very next day I get a message from my brother to say that my sister in law has been diagnosed with kidney cancer and she is going in tomorrow to have a kidney removed but still can't have any visitors. 

In the last few weeks 2 of my friends and a cousin have all lost their dogs suddenly all under 5 years of age. Has anyone got any good news? 

Also anyone been through treatment for kidney cancer or had a family member go through it who could suggest anything useful that I could buy my sister in law? 

Ah that all sucks GP, Nuala was doing so well too!  Hope she recovers ok pal.

More shite news as well, not much constructive I can off there other than good vibes I'm afraid 😞

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah that all sucks GP, Nuala was doing so well too!  Hope she recovers ok pal.

More shite news as well, not much constructive I can off there other than good vibes I'm afraid 😞

Thanks good news is that my sister in laws surgery was complication free so we'll just have to keep fingers crossed that it hasn't spread. The hot weather is also probably a blessing for Nuala as we needed to keep her quiet for a while to give her tail the best chance of healing and she finds the heat totally energy sapping so it's giving her the best chance of it healing. 

• Upvote 1