How do you feel?

Matt42

12 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Few of us booked into Ashcombe over solstice 

Sounds nice, we’re provisionally booked for near Glastonbury and might extend it over to the solstice if Mrs c can get time off.  The Tor, the town, Wells, nice walks round Pilton and the surrounding area, beer gardens, etc etc.  Hopefully we can escape across the border, fleeing from sturgeons stormtroopers to the freedom of rural Somerset! 😉

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 9:17 AM, oneeye said:

A great start to the day out there this morning, Bruce got amongst it on the beach, digging, swimming and generally going nuts: breakfast well earned.

The bay remains a car park for cruise ships.

Enjoy your day pop pickers, BST tomorrow, bring it on 😎🍻

IMG-20210327-WA0010.thumb.jpg.764506d1cd02cfffc1915ea624be6a85.jpgIMG-20210327-WA0004.thumb.jpg.b31dd6b14e768ee2b00ac37b6ccb3bba.jpgIMG-20210327-WA0009.thumb.jpg.e1ebc4207df205d9d2b27951477fc9db.jpgIMG-20210327-WA0003.thumb.jpg.039c9ea12ac6e64661c6aa0a14e4f3a0.jpgIMG-20210327-WA0001.thumb.jpg.d30c7f8b250aca8b67339f13a3dc0061.jpg

When I see photos like that I realise how much I miss our Poppy, a crazy Golden Retriever that sadly we lost last year. The beach was her fav place.

4FF63366-EADE-4DD9-B6A3-F25BE6C1ECEA.thumb.jpeg.8bd3c60be786c200639a77a507bc3965.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

When I see photos like that I realise how much I miss our Poppy, a crazy Golden Retriever that sadly we lost last year. The beach was her fav place.

Yep, it's the only downside to owning a dog (or any pet tbf), but it's still far outweighed by the positives. Nothing better than a bracing winters walk with Bruce 🐶🐕🐩

• Upvote 1

Not posted here for a while so here's a big update/vent/dump

My elderly parents (one of which I live with) are both fully vaccinated now, so that's taken a lot of stress off. I can do things like go to the ASDA in the day, go to the dentist, get a haircut, go to my crossfit classes etc without worrying about inadvertently killing my parents. Great sense of relief.

However, I'm still unemployed after 1.5 years, not good really. CV has a huge gap in it. Not eligible for universal credit, also not told the council I'm living at my parents council house after all this time. Tricky situation really and the guilt I feel is often unbearable, it could all be solved with getting a job but...

I also got an autism diagnosis a few months back, it's closer to Asperger's or 'high functioning', although the latter terminology can do more harm than good. The diagnosis explains quite a few of my struggles throughout life (and jobs), for example sensory and social issues (god knows how I survived Glasto).

Applied to be a postie at the royal mail, thought that might suit me in the meantime but no luck. Feeling aimless at the moment but peaking in moments of pure panic, not much support out there for people like me and what support there is seems to be shut down until the summer due to covid. Been stuck between multiple rocks and a hard places for too long now. 

Edited by alien
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, alien said:

My elderly parents (one of which I live with) are both fully vaccinated now, so that's taken a lot of stress off. I can do things like go to the ASDA in the day, go to the dentist, get a haircut, go to my crossfit classes etc without worrying about inadvertently killing my parents. Great sense of relief.

However, I'm still unemployed after 1.5 years, not good really. CV has a huge gap in it. Not eligible for universal credit, also not told the council I'm living at my parents council house after all this time. Tricky situation really and the guilt I feel is often unbearable, it could all be solved with getting a job but...

I also got an autism diagnosis a few months back, it's closer to Asperger's or 'high functioning', although the latter terminology can do more harm than good. The diagnosis explains quite a few of my struggles throughout life (and jobs), for example sensory and social issues (god knows how I survived Glasto).

Applied to be a postie at the royal mail, thought that might suit me in the meantime but no luck. Feeling aimless at the moment but peaking in moments of pure panic, not much support out there for people like me and what support there is seems to be shut down until the summer due to covid. Been stuck between multiple rocks and a hard places for too long now. 

Fantastic news about your parents being jabbed! That is a huge relief and must definitely feel like a weight off, so that's something to celebrate 🥳

Im so sorry tho that you're having a tricky time at the moment. I'm sorry that i dont have any advice, tho there are some fabulous people on these boards who might!! 

But i will say that i wouldnt worry too much about the gap on your CV. There will be so many people who are in the same boat and future employers will know its all due to the pandemic. 

Keep trying to apply for jobs you fancy, its a shame you didnt get the postie position, but you will get something, it might all feel a bit rubbish now, but it will get better.

Look after yourself and your parents, shout if you need to chat x

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alien said:

Hello alien,

I think you might be the first alien I've ever talked to, but can't be certain on that.

Very good news on your elderly parents getting fully jabbed. My dad died just before last Christmas and because of covid rules I only got to see my mom at my dad's funeral and then not again until a few weeks ago when she'd had both jabs. There's no doubt about it this covid lark has been a swine.

Are you getting any benefits at all? It seems to me that you should be getting some benefits of some nature. I'll admit though that I am no expert in this area. However, I do know somebody who is fairly handy in this territory - my wife. She was a benefits advisor for Birmingham City Council for 25 years. She did leave that job quite a few years ago, but is very much still up on the knowing about it front. People from all over come to her for advice etc and she gets them benefits which they thought that they weren't entitled to etc. If you wanted to you could PM me an outline of your situation etc and I'll ask her to look at it. Let me know?

I'm actually looking after my own elderly mother who has dementia for 4 days of the week. As she lives in Birmingham and I live in Shropshire it means that I'm away from my wife for that period. That's a bit of a bother. However, it's offset by the privilege it is to be able to look after and protect my mom. I do get weepy though at times because of her mental and physical decline.

Anyway, no pressure. Get in touch if you want, and not if you don't want.

All the best. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies guys it does help

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

If you wanted to you could PM me an outline of your situation etc and I'll ask her to look at it. Let me know?

I'll get on that now 👍

4 hours ago, alien said:

Thanks for the replies guys it does help

I'll get on that now 👍

Hello alien,

I've just got back home after 4 days away from my wife. I've got your PM but haven't accessed it yet. I will look at it tomorrow and talk to my wife tomorrow, and then get back to you. Hope that's OK? 

It's just that I'm shattered right now, and need some down time.

If I / we can help then believe me, we will.

PS - I have a connection with aliens - sort of. I hold the UK trademark for a certain category to do with the name 'Area 51'. I was surprised that it wasn't already taken. The world trademark (there is a difference) for 'Area 51' in this category is held by one of the massive American film studios. There, I've now given my name and location away on here. Ho hum!

Talk to you tomorrow, because it's play time now. 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Feeling lately like I'll never be back at the farm and it's pulling me down. 

Didn't manage to get tickets for 2020/2022 and can't shift the feeling that my luck with being able to get them up to that point has run out. 

Why does it have such a pull on folk? I've been far fewer times than a lot of you on here yet the thought of not being able to go back is horrible. Never felt like this with any other festival/holiday. 

I miss the pure escapism of being there.

10 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Feeling lately like I'll never be back at the farm and it's pulling me down. 

Didn't manage to get tickets for 2020/2022 and can't shift the feeling that my luck with being able to get them up to that point has run out. 

Why does it have such a pull on folk? I've been far fewer times than a lot of you on here yet the thought of not being able to go back is horrible. Never felt like this with any other festival/holiday. 

I miss the pure escapism of being there.

Sorry to read you're feeling pretty rubbish... have you joined the resale spreadsheet? Have you looked at volunteering? We're all in the same boat, and can help each other. You will get back to the farm, it feels worse with everything going on, the gap (especially the potential increase) certainly doesn't help. Try and stay positive.

hopesq500.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/7/2021 at 8:50 PM, vintagelaureate said:

Sorry to read you're feeling pretty rubbish... have you joined the resale spreadsheet? Have you looked at volunteering? We're all in the same boat, and can help each other. You will get back to the farm, it feels worse with everything going on, the gap (especially the potential increase) certainly doesn't help. Try and stay positive.

hopesq500.jpg

I've done none of those things...I was having a moment of feeling sorry for myself and down and I always find when I post something on here I feel better 🙂 So thank you for your reply!

I do actually have a copy of that poster...need to look into getting it framed and up on the wall so I can remind myself that better times are on their way 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Could really do with some cheering up. Anyone got any happy news to share?? I just seem to be getting bad news after bad news at the moment and as someone who is normally quite a positive person it's really getting me down. Last week after months and months of rehabbing my dog one tiny slip up and she managed to fracture her tail. The very next day I get a message from my brother to say that my sister in law has been diagnosed with kidney cancer and she is going in tomorrow to have a kidney removed but still can't have any visitors. 

In the last few weeks 2 of my friends and a cousin have all lost their dogs suddenly all under 5 years of age. Has anyone got any good news? 

Also anyone been through treatment for kidney cancer or had a family member go through it who could suggest anything useful that I could buy my sister in law? 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Could really do with some cheering up. Anyone got any happy news to share??

I am just back from a holiday during which I stayed in a very nature rich spot and saw all kinds including this purple emperor licking minerals from a stone that had contained a campfire the previous night.

I also read George Monbiot’s Feral whilst away and can’t recommend it enough.

Nature is a tonic!

6 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I am just back from a holiday during which I stayed in a very nature rich spot and saw all kinds including this purple emperor licking minerals from a stone that had contained a campfire the previous night.

I also read George Monbiot’s Feral whilst away and can’t recommend it enough.

Nature is a tonic!

FullSizeRender.mov

It is indeed a tonic and one of the things I miss a lot. When both dogs are well we've always done lots of long walks in nature but with one not up to long walks it's a lot of rubbish walks around the block. I've added the book to my reading list though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

It is indeed a tonic and one of the things I miss a lot. When both dogs are well we've always done lots of long walks in nature but with one not up to long walks it's a lot of rubbish walks around the block. I've added the book to my reading list though. 

DD2388CF-9F3E-4991-A4B2-DB8B08066D2F.jpeg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Could really do with some cheering up. Anyone got any happy news to share?? I just seem to be getting bad news after bad news at the moment and as someone who is normally quite a positive person it's really getting me down. Last week after months and months of rehabbing my dog one tiny slip up and she managed to fracture her tail. The very next day I get a message from my brother to say that my sister in law has been diagnosed with kidney cancer and she is going in tomorrow to have a kidney removed but still can't have any visitors. 

In the last few weeks 2 of my friends and a cousin have all lost their dogs suddenly all under 5 years of age. Has anyone got any good news? 

Also anyone been through treatment for kidney cancer or had a family member go through it who could suggest anything useful that I could buy my sister in law? 

Nothing too cheery but I can sympathise with your dog, our Jack Russell of 10 years jumped off a step earlier this year and had a rather expensive operation. Right as rain now but there's always the worry he'll do it again!

It cheers me up no end just to be with my dogs, even if they're poorly or a bit fragile. I work from home with nobody else in and they're the only reason I can do it everyday. Sometimes, no matter what's going on it's nice to concentrate on having them nestled up to you on the sofa.

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

DD2388CF-9F3E-4991-A4B2-DB8B08066D2F.jpeg

Lol you clearly have never met my dog. She's a Wheaten Terrier and uncooperative would be putting it mildly. Also all her issues are with her back end so she'd never be allowed in something like that. Nice idea though and just the thought of it did make me smile!

1 hour ago, discgoesmic said:

Nothing too cheery but I can sympathise with your dog, our Jack Russell of 10 years jumped off a step earlier this year and had a rather expensive operation. Right as rain now but there's always the worry he'll do it again!

It cheers me up no end just to be with my dogs, even if they're poorly or a bit fragile. I work from home with nobody else in and they're the only reason I can do it everyday. Sometimes, no matter what's going on it's nice to concentrate on having them nestled up to you on the sofa.

Yes sadly Nuala's problems have been going on for years. In the last 2 years we've paid £17-18k for treatment for her. Only £14k of it covered by insurance and her insurance doesn't renew until December and so far this month we've had to pay out £280 in vets and medication bills for her. As of next week we'll be paying £35 a week for physio for her as well. Helps me appreciate the NHS at least. If she needs the amputation of her tail god knows what that will cost. Obviously we pay it all and more if needed because we love them so much though and yep cuddles with the dogs are wonderful although the weather at the moment means it's not something that happens too much. Having to content myself with massaging her backend to help her iliopsoas injuries. 

Edited by gigpusher
  • Like 1