How do you feel?

Matt42

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Had my AZ jab yesterday, I was wobbling about having it to be honest, thinking I'm invincible and would rather fight it off (like its a common cold ), in my heart I know thats stupid, but been bought up to be 'strong' (mums words not mine) and fight everything off , and don;t even like taking a paracetomol. So there was me queuing for 30 minutes in the pre holding area, reading about all the  countries suspending AZ and about to leg it, pretty much made up my mind if they offered me pfizer I'd stay and if it was AZ I'd go and ask to come back another time...... anyway AZ it was, and I didn;t leg it, and the only reason was for the good of everyone else (in my head) if I got it and didn't pass it on , I didn' t do it for me - all totally irrational when I write it down but I rationalised it in my own head 🙂

Anyway apart from just feeling 'odd' today , a little shivery (but its cold in the office) , a little weary and a really slight dull headache I'm all good, working same as normal but just looking forward to a little nap when I get home 🙂

I had mine yesterday morning!!! I’ve been a bit achey, since last night. It’s made me feel generally groggy. I didn’t notice that, until late, this morning.

I felt really dizzie a couple of hours ago. I think I’m  O.K though!!! I’m over the moon that it’s been done!! 

Anyone else watching Comic Relief and crying their eyes out!!

I see all those things in reality every day and it doesnt make me cry! Why does it when i see it on tv!!! I text my team mate too and shes the same!!!
Maybe tears of appreciation of the difference the money donated really makes!!! 

thank you to all those who have donated! 👍🏻

• Upvote 1

I'm from Cheltenham & festival week is almost as big a deal for me as Glastonbury. I've really missed the atmosphere in my town this week. I've missed the Irish invasion (& their total dominance this year, with the superstar Rachel Blackmore - the whole town would have gone nuts!)

I've missed the pub for the first time in a year. I'm consoling myself with The Pogues on my turntable & plenty of Guiness & whiskey, but it's not the same! ☹️

@Punksnotdead i was thinking about Cheltenham this week you are right it would have been buzzing and the weather was great!!! Luckily ive got friends up there so have a place to stay!! The whole place is alive!! Even without race week i have had some good weekends up there out and about!! Realiy lovely parks and pubs my favourite being the one tht sells sausage meals and thts it!! Lovely Job!! Yep must have been pretty quiet this week! Next year! 

2 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

@Punksnotdead i was thinking about Cheltenham this week you are right it would have been buzzing and the weather was great!!! Luckily ive got friends up there so have a place to stay!! The whole place is alive!! Even without race week i have had some good weekends up there out and about!! Realiy lovely parks and pubs my favourite being the one tht sells sausage meals and thts it!! Lovely Job!! Yep must have been pretty quiet this week! Next year! 

I'm still hoping that the Wychwood Festival will go ahead at the Racecourse this year.  I normally go the day before and spend that night at the Caravan Club site at The Racecourse.  Should I still be able to go and might pop into the town for the evening what's the pub that sell the sausage meals?

6 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

@grumpyhack @Punksnotdead i think its called the Railway but i have just googled it and they dont do the sausages anymore! They were lush!! It looks like its a different menu!! 
the walk around the race course is nice!! 😥

If it's The Railway, I think it does Thai food now. My daughter used to live just around the corner from it. The food is still supposed to be excellent though.

Bereaved again recently. Totally bombed two job interviews which had potential for a much wanted relocation.  Had been making great what I thought was sustainable progress getting healthier and routine completely fell apart the last while. Don't really know how to pick myself up again. Not sure sitting outside with people soon is gonna cut it in this situation. I can't even pinpoint what exactly is wrong that i want a solution to. 

8 hours ago, lemons said:

Bereaved again recently. Totally bombed two job interviews which had potential for a much wanted relocation.  Had been making great what I thought was sustainable progress getting healthier and routine completely fell apart the last while. Don't really know how to pick myself up again. Not sure sitting outside with people soon is gonna cut it in this situation. I can't even pinpoint what exactly is wrong that i want a solution to. 

I think you'll be surprised. This winter has felt even longer than usual. I'm counting on that first feeling of apricity to give me a real energy boost. We're all living the same shared experience at the moment and most people I know are feeling pretty lost and even worried about how it's going to feel when this is all over. I'm confident that once we're able to properly meet up again, we'll be able to share those worries and insecurities in a much healthier way and it won't be long until we feel more like ourselves again. I don't think many of us can say they've felt that way for the best part of twelve months.

Don't give up on the job front or the health kick, it seems to me that you have pinpointed some paths to a better version of you, so try and be a bit kinder to and more patient with yourself. Remember what motivated you to start in the first place, give both another go and when you do reach your goals, the difficulty of the journey will make it all the more sweet. 

Better times are coming.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

A great start to the day out there this morning, Bruce got amongst it on the beach, digging, swimming and generally going nuts: breakfast well earned.

The bay remains a car park for cruise ships.

Enjoy your day pop pickers, BST tomorrow, bring it on 😎🍻

IMG-20210327-WA0010.thumb.jpg.764506d1cd02cfffc1915ea624be6a85.jpgIMG-20210327-WA0004.thumb.jpg.b31dd6b14e768ee2b00ac37b6ccb3bba.jpgIMG-20210327-WA0009.thumb.jpg.e1ebc4207df205d9d2b27951477fc9db.jpgIMG-20210327-WA0003.thumb.jpg.039c9ea12ac6e64661c6aa0a14e4f3a0.jpgIMG-20210327-WA0001.thumb.jpg.d30c7f8b250aca8b67339f13a3dc0061.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, oneeye said:

A great start to the day out there this morning, Bruce got amongst it on the beach, digging, swimming and generally going nuts: breakfast well earned.

IMG-20210327-WA0010.thumb.jpg.764506d1cd02cfffc1915ea624be6a85.jpgIMG-20210327-WA0004.thumb.jpg.b31dd6b14e768ee2b00ac37b6ccb3bba.jpgIMG-20210327-WA0009.thumb.jpg.e1ebc4207df205d9d2b27951477fc9db.jpgIMG-20210327-WA0003.thumb.jpg.039c9ea12ac6e64661c6aa0a14e4f3a0.jpgIMG-20210327-WA0001.thumb.jpg.d30c7f8b250aca8b67339f13a3dc0061.jpg

Bruce is gorgeous! 😍 I'll be back when i get my upvotes back 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 9:17 AM, oneeye said:

My favourite beach in the bay , followed by a cold cider in the boathouse.

Feeling a little weirded out today. Went into Melbourne city for the first time in over a year, and straight into a 2,500 strong capacity crowd (saw Ben Elton's latest stand up). It was fine at the time, but when I came home I needed a moment to collect myself - it was a big jump from pretty much solitude for months on end.

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Feeling a little weirded out today. Went into Melbourne city for the first time in over a year, and straight into a 2,500 strong capacity crowd (saw Ben Elton's latest stand up). It was fine at the time, but when I came home I needed a moment to collect myself - it was a big jump from pretty much solitude for months on end.

great news that you did it though ... hopefully those feelings will cease to exist as it becomes more normal .... have just been seeing on the news about the NZ / aus travel bubble opening and watching those families get reunited ... hopefully your turn wont be so far away ...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, kalifire said:

How was Ben Elton? I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but I've always been a fan! Does he live there full-time now?

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

great news that you did it though ... hopefully those feelings will cease to exist as it becomes more normal .... have just been seeing on the news about the NZ / aus travel bubble opening and watching those families get reunited ... hopefully your turn wont be so far away ...

Turns out my aunty-in-law was on the v first flight back! She went over from NZ to visit family in Oz expecting to have to quarantine and the whole thing opened up for her at exactly the right time for her return journey.

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Excellent! Our plans for a trip down as soon as accommodation opens up are now well advanced! Might even coincide with midsummers day! 

Few of us booked into Ashcombe over solstice 

• Upvote 1