How do you feel?

Matt42

20 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Woke up at 3.. Massive panic attack..... Just when you think you got it bang its there again... Still never mind joining the jabbed club today.. Hopefully 

Hope ribs heal soon old son 

You have got this it just thought it had you till you told it otherwise! Good luck with jab today! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Woke up at 3.. Massive panic attack..... Just when you think you got it bang its there again... Still never mind joining the jabbed club today.. Hopefully 

Hope ribs heal soon old son 

Good luck today old son, itll all be ok, you gotta believe it, onwards and upwards. We join the jab club this coming Thurs. Peace and tea right back at you 😎👍

Here's Bruce this morning having one of his 5 aday 😊

IMG-20210313-WA0000.thumb.jpg.cb62507c6ea8710b04d990ec3276c92f.jpg

Edited by oneeye
  • Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Good luck today old son, itll all be ok, you gotta believe it, onwards and upwards. We join the jab club this coming Thurs. Peace and tea right back at you 😎👍

Here's Bruce this morning having one of his 5 aday 😊

IMG-20210313-WA0000.thumb.jpg.cb62507c6ea8710b04d990ec3276c92f.jpg

What is the deal with dogs and carrots?! Many years ago I worked in an RSPCA kennel and we had a wing for people leaving their dogs while on holiday- the number of specific carrot requests left by their humans! Some dogs would insist their carrots were pealed, some would only eat them if they'd been chilled in the fridge first- they are such particular eaters!😂

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

What is the deal with dogs and carrots?! Many years ago I worked in an RSPCA kennel and we had a wing for people leaving their dogs while on holiday- the number of specific carrot requests left by their humans! Some dogs would insist their carrots were pealed, some would only eat them if they'd been chilled in the fridge first- they are such particular eaters!😂

Yep, dogs can be a fickle as us humans when it comes to taste buds; Bruce takes his straight from the fridge, ice cold beer temperature 😄

• Upvote 1

Got to be honest I'm not feeling great recently.  Covid-wise it all seems to be going in the right direction but I'm struggling to not feel that there isn't another curve ball just round the next corner, and it's putting a proper dampener on my positivity for the future, near and far.

Work isn't helping.  Although a year of WFH has been great with the extra sleep and lack of commute, particularly over the winter months, my workload is huge and I'm struggling to stay on top of things, forever feeling like I'm on catchup.  It's draining and demoralising in equal parts.  I've pretty much decided to take early retirement next June as with pension and savings we wouldn't have to compromise very much, but having made that decision I'm now just clock watching and 15 months seems like 15 years away.

We're very fortunate to have come through this so far with our health and family intact, and I'm very grateful for that but I really crave some normality now where I can get on a plane, sit on a beach, go to a gig, watch some motorsport, all the things that fulfil me.  I know it will come but I'm just so tired now.

I'm getting my first jab today, and even that isn't lifting my spirits.

Sorry for the whinge guys....I'm sure my issues pale compared with some others so perhaps I just need to get a grip.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Got to be honest I'm not feeling great recently.  Covid-wise it all seems to be going in the right direction but I'm struggling to not feel that there isn't another curve ball just round the next corner, and it's putting a proper dampener on my positivity for the future, near and far.

Work isn't helping.  Although a year of WFH has been great with the extra sleep and lack of commute, particularly over the winter months, my workload is huge and I'm struggling to stay on top of things, forever feeling like I'm on catchup.  It's draining and demoralising in equal parts.  I've pretty much decided to take early retirement next June as with pension and savings we wouldn't have to compromise very much, but having made that decision I'm now just clock watching and 15 months seems like 15 years away.

We're very fortunate to have come through this so far with our health and family intact, and I'm very grateful for that but I really crave some normality now where I can get on a plane, sit on a beach, go to a gig, watch some motorsport, all the things that fulfil me.  I know it will come but I'm just so tired now.

Sorry for the whinge guys....I'm sure my issues pale compared with some others so perhaps I just need to get a grip.

I think your words speak for a lot of us. Well, apart from the work angle for me - covid has (almost) wiped out our business, so we're wanting to work, work, work, but can't. I guess there is light at the end of the tunnel though.

That 15 months you mention - it'll go in a flash as log as you don't clock watch.

All the best.

• Like 1

Peaks and troughs, that's been the continued story of life atm, no need to apologise if you're feeling down, pissed off and needing to off load, we all continue to live these moments of anxiety, proper glumness and emptiness, it's good to share. Brighter days are yet to come, but they will, hang on in there PJ 😘🐄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I think your words speak for a lot of us. Well, apart from the work angle for me - covid has (almost) wiped out our business, so we're wanting to work, work, work, but can't. I guess there is light at the end of the tunnel though.

That 15 months you mention - it'll go in a flash as log as you don't clock watch.

All the best.

Cheers old son.  Highs and lows I suppose and we're all in different situations.  Just got an armful of AstraZeneca so counting that as a step in the right direction, and a bit of fresh air tomorrow will help I'm sure. 

Onwards and upwards.  All the best to you too 👍 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Hope you're ok❤️

Things are looking up and we'll get there in the end, but that doesn't mean its not still hard! Its good to get it all out of your system and tell people how you're feeling thats what we're here for 🙂  

I know I've said this sooo many times on here - but its true - right now, stuff that wouldn't usually bother you does and stuff that would normally be a bit ticky is reallllllyyyyyy bloody difficult at the moment!! And its ok to feel a bit rubbish, but you wont feel rubbish forever x if you ever need anything you know where i am. Lots of love to you and your family xx

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

Hope you're ok❤️

Things are looking up and we'll get there in the end, but that doesn't mean its not still hard! Its good to get it all out of your system and tell people how you're feeling thats what we're here for 🙂  

I know I've said this sooo many times on here - but its true - right now, stuff that wouldn't usually bother you does and stuff that would normally be a bit ticky is reallllllyyyyyy bloody difficult at the moment!! And its ok to feel a bit rubbish, but you wont feel rubbish forever x if you ever need anything you know where i am. Lots of love to you and your family xx

Thanks Welly that's so kind of you.  Mrs P is a rock and together we'll all get through this.  Hope you guys are all good too x

On 3/13/2021 at 10:53 AM, parsonjack said:

everything you are saying really resonates.... and is is far from whingeing..

The WFH and not commuting is indeed marvellous but i have found that i just sit in front of the laptop from earlier morning until much later evening (i work with a lot of people in US & Canada)... It felt good to be busy when so many (per Yog) were struggling with businesses or on furlough but it has become really draining.

I too had the Astra Zeneca last week which gives you hope for the future but then i start fretting that my fantastic September run of rescheduled gigs (Bearded Theory, Kiwanuka, Elbow, October Drift) and the hopeful return to watch my football team will go south if things suddenly take another turn for the worse..

This is all bollocks of course.... and soon enough we will all be sitting in fields, favourite tipple in hand, laughing with friends..

I hope you didnt get any reaction to the AZ...?? i felt fine on the day of the jab but then had a dreadful night of aches, pains and fever... Slept all next day and then right as rain

Jealous of your retirement plans btw.... that time will fly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

everything you are saying really resonates.... and is is far from whingeing..

The WFH and not commuting is indeed marvellous but i have found that i just sit in front of the laptop from earlier morning until much later evening (i work with a lot of people in US & Canada)... It felt good to be busy when so many (per Yog) were struggling with businesses or on furlough but it has become really draining.

I too had the Astra Zeneca last week which gives you hope for the future but then i start fretting that my fantastic September run of rescheduled gigs (Bearded Theory, Kiwanuka, Elbow, October Drift) and the hopeful return to watch my football team will go south if things suddenly take another turn for the worse..

This is all bollocks of course.... and soon enough we will all be sitting in fields, favourite tipple in hand, laughing with friends..

I hope you didnt get any reaction to the AZ...?? i felt fine on the day of the jab but then had a dreadful night of aches, pains and fever... Slept all next day and then right as rain

Jealous of your retirement plans btw.... that time will fly.

Thankyou for this.  It's certainly good to know that my thoughts and anxieties aren't confined to myself alone. 

Talking to Mrs P this morning we've rationalised that the big issue at present is that there is little to occupy me other than work, so your comments resonate greatly with me, and I've effectively amplified the problem by setting a date to aim at, albeit with no other distraction.  Our aim therefore is to get through the easing and with every milestone add a little more normality.  29th we will get in the car and go see my Mum in Devon for the day, 12th April we will book lunch at our local (albeit outside....), 13th we are seeing 4 friends in their garden for the afternoon, 14th Mrs P goes back to her shop and I can get my haircut. 22nd May we've booked an overnight in our favourite hotel in Dorchester.....then it's a few steps to 21st June when hopefully we see the back of this sh*t.  At that point I can then also celebrate being exactly 1 year from handing in my laptop on the Tuesday, and walking through the gates at Pilton the following day.  So in essence it's about turning things on their head and making work the interlude as much as possible, filling the time in between with as much living as we can.

AZ side-effects.....over 24 hours now and other than a slightly tender vaccination point I've had nothing.  Hope you're all good with yours now 👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, oneeye said:

@parsonjack @guypjfreak morning all, hope you're fine and dandy this morning, all jabbed up and no where to go after yesterday. Enjoy the day, onwards and upwards indeedy 👍🐄

Fucking knocked me out old son.. Fell asleep then had a whole night of pain.. NOT THE JAB... but my back.. Got through 5 valium and was still down stairs but 6.30.. Feeling OK now.. But fell asleep and was cold for a few hours only due jab.. I don't want people think not to have it... 

Mind you I did cook the wife sausage sandwich this morning just using my finger tips.. Neat trick.. 

2PCS-Light-Up-Thumbs-LED-Light-Flashing-Fingers-Magic-Trick-Props-Amazing-Glow-Funny-Novelty-Toys.jpg_q50.jpg

• Like 1

Having quite an unusual time.

had Covid jab yesterday and now feeling a little odd because of it.

To add to that my 2nd most favourite auntie died today, OK shouldn't rate aunties, but there we have it.

To compound it all my mum is literally on her death bed.

She's 87 and to be fair there's no way thatshe should have lasted as long as she has.

Yesterday was just mental. Daughter #2 started to drive up form Cornwall to Somerset to say goodye to her granny. Got half way and a pheasant hit her windscreen and shattered it. I was at B&W getting my jab. Drove down to Bodmin to get daughter so she could see her granny for the last time. Picked her up and drove her to the hospital.

I saw my mum who was unresponsive and didn't react to me at all.  My mum shouldn't have been allowed another visitor due to restrictions but staff nurse made an exception for daughter due to circumstances.

Daughter goes in to see her granny. Granny unresponsive. 

Granny is called Myfanyy and is Welsh to her core and obviously a massive Welsh rugby fan. Daughter starts singing Cwm Rhondda (Bread of heaven) to her granny and granny awakes and holds her hand. Daughter keeps it together until the end of the song and then flees the ward in bits.

Talk about strength of character!

Was quite an emotion journey driving her back to Truro.

Chwarae teg!

Edited by Pinrut

8 hours ago, Pinrut said:

Having quite an unusual time.

had Covid jab yesterday and now feeling a little odd because of it.

To add to that my 2nd most favourite auntie died today, OK shouldn't rate aunties, but there we have it.

To compound it all my mum is literally on her death bed.

She's 87 and to be fair there's no way thatshe should have lasted as long as she has.

Yesterday was just mental. Daughter #2 started to drive up form Cornwall to Somerset to say goodye to her granny. Got half way and a pheasant hit her windscreen and shattered it. I was at B&W getting my jab. Drove down to Bodmin to get daughter so she could see her granny for the last time. Picked her up and drove her to the hospital.

I saw my mum who was unresponsive and didn't react to me at all.  My mum shouldn't have been allowed another visitor due to restrictions but staff nurse made an exception for daughter due to circumstances.

Daughter goes in to see her granny. Granny unresponsive. 

Granny is called Myfanyy and is Welsh to her core and obviously a massive Welsh rugby fan. Daughter starts singing Cwm Rhondda (Bread of heaven) to her granny and granny awakes and holds her hand. Daughter keeps it together until the end of the song and then flees the ward in bits.

Talk about strength of character!

Was quite an emotion journey driving her back to Truro.

Chwarae teg!

Gosh, I'm really sorry to hear you're going through a pretty rough patch. In any normal circumstances that's a lot to have to deal with, but with the shadow of Covid thrown in there it's a real kicker.

Your Mum sounds like a wonderful woman, and although equally heartbreaking it must be very comforting to see her summon such strength at such a time. That will give you immense pride when you need it in the future.

And who says you can't have a 2nd favourite Auntie?  Plenty of parents would rate their kids let alone Aunts, so you feel how you like.  I'm sure even Auntie No2 had her special bits though.

Great you've had your first AZ jab.  I was at B&W for my first dose on Saturday and was tended to by a right pair of comedians called John and James who asked me if I wanted my haircut for £5 as a sideline while I was there.  I also saw a good friend called Helen who is an NHS nurse and Mendip Council member, and who has been jabbing the masses for us.  It was such a positive experience, and I hope you can feel so too once you've thrown off the side effects.

Looking good for a Welsh Grand Slam too.....your Mum will be over the moon.

Take care, and absolutely chwarae teg 👍👏

Having ups and downs here. More downs then ups lately, probably affected by drinking more than I should. Must stop that (again). Splurged on a big new television today to treat myself to something nice. Nothing like debt to put the old spring in your step!

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Having ups and downs here. More downs then ups lately, probably affected by drinking more than I should. Must stop that (again). Splurged on a big new television today to treat myself to something nice. Nothing like debt to put the old spring in your step!

I can relate to this being like a rollercoaster.  I was right down a few days ago but actually quite bright today and ploughing through a bit of work backlog.  Pretty sure it'll go the other way at some point though so trying to enjoy the current high.  Retail therapy does help so don't beat yourself up over that.

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

I can relate to this being like a rollercoaster.  I was right down a few days ago but actually quite bright today and ploughing through a bit of work backlog.  Pretty sure it'll go the other way at some point though so trying to enjoy the current high.  Retail therapy does help so don't beat yourself up over that.

Thanks PJ. Work therapy is also helpful, I reckon. That sense of getting on top of things.

Had my AZ jab yesterday, I was wobbling about having it to be honest, thinking I'm invincible and would rather fight it off (like its a common cold ), in my heart I know thats stupid, but been bought up to be 'strong' (mums words not mine) and fight everything off , and don;t even like taking a paracetomol. So there was me queuing for 30 minutes in the pre holding area, reading about all the  countries suspending AZ and about to leg it, pretty much made up my mind if they offered me pfizer I'd stay and if it was AZ I'd go and ask to come back another time...... anyway AZ it was, and I didn;t leg it, and the only reason was for the good of everyone else (in my head) if I got it and didn't pass it on , I didn' t do it for me - all totally irrational when I write it down but I rationalised it in my own head 🙂

Anyway apart from just feeling 'odd' today , a little shivery (but its cold in the office) , a little weary and a really slight dull headache I'm all good, working same as normal but just looking forward to a little nap when I get home 🙂

• Upvote 1