How do you feel?

Matt42

I am struggling more with this lockdown than the first time around. Largely due to the lack of daylight I think; always seem to struggle a bit at this time of year. Normally, to get through it, I book a holiday so that I’ve got something to look forward to, and in lucky years, I have the festival to sustain me. Anyway, not a case of the poor mes as I’m fully aware there are many are in a far worse position. Have ordered myself a couple of books, and some wine. What I’d love, and think would be a great idea.... if this years festival has to be cancelled, if the BBC could really go to town with putting previous festival performances on the TV, along with stages, times and clashes...... 

48 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Shit half hour that one ... one of my friends mums is in a home for dementia and now has a temperature likely from covid ... he’s had a call from the home about care .... best friends aunt is also in the same wing of the home ... they don’t test them because of the distress it causes 😞 .... added to that someone at work has unfortunately decided to end his life ... not someone I’m close to particularly but always someone I’d speak too ... that’s 2 guys in just over a year 😞 

I'm so sorry, that is so sad - for everyone closed to all those involved. You're a bright presence for everyone here, and I'm sure for your friends too. Hope you're okay.

11 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I'm so sorry, that is so sad - for everyone closed to all those involved. You're a bright presence for everyone here, and I'm sure for your friends too. Hope you're okay.

Sadly  one  friend I’ve neglected to be in contact with much during this .. I’ve messaged him now although I know there is nothing whatsoever I’m able to  do ... but cross fingers .. it’s just hoping time ... she’s 83 😞 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Shit half hour that one ... one of my friends mums is in a home for dementia and now has a temperature likely from covid ... he’s had a call from the home about care .... best friends aunt is also in the same wing of the home ... they don’t test them because of the distress it causes 😞 .... added to that someone at work has unfortunately decided to end his life ... not someone I’m close to particularly but always someone I’d speak too ... that’s 2 guys in just over a year 😞 

Sorry to hear this. I think everyone is finding lockdown 3 even more intense. Virtual hugs. 

58 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I am struggling more with this lockdown than the first time around. Largely due to the lack of daylight I think; always seem to struggle a bit at this time of year. Normally, to get through it, I book a holiday so that I’ve got something to look forward to, and in lucky years, I have the festival to sustain me. Anyway, not a case of the poor mes as I’m fully aware there are many are in a far worse position. Have ordered myself a couple of books, and some wine. What I’d love, and think would be a great idea.... if this years festival has to be cancelled, if the BBC could really go to town with putting previous festival performances on the TV, along with stages, times and clashes...... 

I think it's also harder this time round cos it's the third one too. The first lockdown (silly as this will sound now) I honestly thought it'll all be over by July! Bless me!!!!! 🤣🤣 Then I thought oh just get to Christmas. Now it's like, we're in the third lockdown, it's almost been a year of this shit, weather's crap.. it can just feel a bit never-ending. 

Wine and books sound like a winner, good for you!!! And for as long as all this is going on keep treating yourself to the little things that cheer you up. It's all hard right now so make it just that tiny bit easier with things you enjoy! 

We'll get there in the end, and of course if you ever need to chat please don't hesitate! You're not alone x

(there's also always the virtual meets going on most weekends if you wanna chat nonsense and festivals and anything else with some lovely friendly people - they always cheer me up!)

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys ... it’s just all seems to be at once today... just had a call from best mate and it’s likely he is going to have to isolate too ... after working closely with someone now showing symptoms .... I shouldn’t be worry about what hasn’t happened I know ... but it doesn’t stop me 

Worst day for me since the pandemic hit. Had some not great medical news (not terrible - just could have been better), new computer system at work (not great for a 56 year old luddite like me), missing my daughter and my mum & just the usual January blues!

I'm normally quite upbeat but have really struggled the last few days. Had a few drinks tonight though, so don't feel as bad as I did earlier (not that I'm recommending self-medicating!) 🙂

9 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Worst day for me since the pandemic hit. Had some not great medical news (not terrible - just could have been better), new computer system at work (not great for a 56 year old luddite like me), missing my daughter and my mum & just the usual January blues!

I'm normally quite upbeat but have really struggled the last few days. Had a few drinks tonight though, so don't feel as bad as I did earlier (not that I'm recommending self-medicating!) 🙂

Join us on the vm if u fancy ... 8 of us at the moment 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Bloody shit ... and to say Glastonbury is the lowest down on my list of issues is something I never expected to be saying 😞 

What's up cf1? Problem(s) shared and all that, plenty of lovely people on here you can drain down on (if you want to), we're all good listeners.  

4 minutes ago, oneeye said:

What's up cf1? Problem(s) shared and all that, plenty of lovely people on here you can drain down on (if you want to), we're all good listeners.  

Mum has been showing signs of dementia and is slowly getting worse ... she is in denial and my dad to some extent is denying that she’s getting much worse ... whilst other relatives can see this ... obviously the decision to get some tests done is down to my mum and to some extent my dad but he’s understandably not wanting to rock the boat ... I rang my brother and he is going to have a face to face chat with them once restrictions have eased and they have been jabbed ... due very soon as both are over 73 ... and then he tells me he has covid ... along with neice and nephew ... but fortunately this is day 10 with mild symptoms so should fingers crossed be fine ... just a shit show today 😞 but feel so bloody helpless 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Mum has been showing signs of dementia and is slowly getting worse ... she is in denial and my dad to some extent is denying that she’s getting much worse ... whilst other relatives can see this ... obviously the decision to get some tests done is down to my mum and to some extent my dad but he’s understandably not wanting to rock the boat ... I rang my brother and he is going to have a face to face chat with them once restrictions have eased and they have been jabbed ... due very soon as both are over 73 ... and then he tells me he has covid ... along with neice and nephew ... but fortunately this is day 10 with mild symptoms so should fingers crossed be fine ... just a shit show today 😞 but feel so bloody helpless 

Sorry mate that sounds horrible. I can’t imagine how difficult that must be. You know where we are if you need to talk.

Things will improve mate, take some time to make sure you are doing ok too. 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Sorry to hear about your Mum; she should get herself seen to though, once vaccinated and feels safe to do so. A medical confirmation as to what's wrong will at least mean that you can plan and move forward as a family. Your brother, niece & nephew having covid is nothing that can be done, hopefully they'll all fully recover soon enough and as you say are currently displaying mild symptoms; at least he told you. The feeling of helplessness in natural, we all do at times like this, believe me as someone who has experienced some of the worst that life can throw at you over the past 10+ years (and continue to live with the after effects (or is it affects)).  Today has been a shite day for you, cancellation of Glasto 21, although very much secondary, has just been the cherry on the shit pile. 

34 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Sorry to hear about your Mum; she should get herself seen to though, once vaccinated and feels safe to do so. A medical confirmation as to what's wrong will at least mean that you can plan and move forward as a family. Your brother, niece & nephew having covid is nothing that can be done, hopefully they'll all fully recover soon enough and as you say are currently displaying mild symptoms; at least he told you. The feeling of helplessness in natural, we all do at times like this, believe me as someone who has experienced some of the worst that life can throw at you over the past 10+ years (and continue to live with the after effects (or is it affects)).  Today has been a shite day for you, cancellation of Glasto 21, although very much secondary, has just been the cherry on the shit pile. 

Cheers that’s really the tough thing trying to get the acknowledgement from her that she needs to be seen ... as she’s in denial ... I just feel so utterly useless and I know my dad wants it ... he just doesn’t want the conflict ... it’s hard enough for him anyway .. this year is their 50th wedding anniversary 😞 

39 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Cheers that’s really the tough thing trying to get the acknowledgement from her that she needs to be seen ... as she’s in denial ... I just feel so utterly useless and I know my dad wants it ... he just doesn’t want the conflict ... it’s hard enough for him anyway .. this year is their 50th wedding anniversary 😞 

50 years, that's marvellous scenes, excellent stuff.  I would look to get your parents vaccinations out of the way first. I can only imagine the anxiety surrounding the whole situation; it must be having an impact on people's judgement at the moment, which again is understandable and natural. The best thing that you can do is to continue to be there for them, your Mum will come around to the fact that she does need to be seen, but one step at a time.