How do you feel?

Matt42

23 hours ago, eFestivals said:

today I feel pissed off. :( 

I've arranged to visit my old mum tomorrow for the first time in a couple of months. I've been keeping visits to a minimum for the obvious reasons.

This morning one of my household who works in a public building has had an alert from the app, that they've been in contact with an infected person - although it's not saying to isolate.

I realise that there's only a small risk that they've picked up the infection, but it's a risk that wasn't there yesterday.

Can't decide what I should do. :( 

Me and my partner both had this alert on Saturday morning, with a follow-up saying to ignore right away. Annoyingly both messages vanished really fast so I couldn't make a note of what it said, but a few folks here convinced me it was nothing to worry about. Sure they would have had the notification to isolate by now if necessary.

Can understand why you're cautious, but glad you're getting to see her.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Me and my partner both had this alert on Saturday morning, with a follow-up saying to ignore right away. Annoyingly both messages vanished really fast so I couldn't make a note of what it said, but a few folks here convinced me it was nothing to worry about. Sure they would have had the notification to isolate by now if necessary.

I had one last night too ... pretty well no chance of me ever being in contact with anyone for required time and distance ... still wary about seeing my folks though ... it’s mad .., by this morning that notification had vanished 

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I discovered last night she'd had 2 notifications, but only saw the content of one of them - cos they disappeared when she tapped on one of them, and there was nothing displaying within the app.

Like you, I've relied on the info here to know what's gone on. 

I find it a bit weird to have my own website inform me of this sort of stuff but the info here about all aspects of covid is superb. You're a really special bunch. :) 

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

56 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I discovered last night she'd had 2 notifications, but only saw the content of one of them - cos they disappeared when she tapped on one of them, and there was nothing displaying within the app.

I find it a bit weird to have my own website inform me of this sort of stuff but the info here about all aspects of covid is superb. You're a really special bunch. :) 

How bizarre is this... so they are sending out false alarms, making people shit themselves and cancel their plans before a follow up to say don’t bother? 

Sounds like a Covid version of a fire drill.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah it's mad that it's so fleeting. I feel like it should save the notification message somewhere in the app so you can actually read it properly. Mine disappeared when I clicked on it too but I got the gist.

Also I completely rely on your site for my Covid news too and it's the first place I come for any reaction to things! 

• 3 weeks later...

Needed to reignite this thread.

Woke up this morning seriously thinking how I would react if G21 was now cancelled as well. I was positive before but more this goes on the less confident I feel. I did say this before but feel I am not sure how I would cope having it cancelled again following the elation of getting tickets that October.

This is especially true as I have worked everyday through Covid and not been to festival since Radiohead/Sheeran year (too tired to remember which that was!)

Feeling bittersweet here. Today is the eighth day in a row Melbourne (and Victoria) have had zero new cases of the virus. Our 14 day rolling average is 0.9. Tomorrow they will be announcing further easing of restrictions, which could be quite significant, and very welcome.

But international travel is still completely unthinkable. We've now got too much to lose. I dearly want to see my family again, but am basically stuck here until either the UK or USA (I have family in both places) get their act together, which at this point necessitates a vaccine.

17 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Feeling bittersweet here. Today is the eighth day in a row Melbourne (and Victoria) have had zero new cases of the virus. Our 14 day rolling average is 0.9. Tomorrow they will be announcing further easing of restrictions, which could be quite significant, and very welcome.

But international travel is still completely unthinkable. We've now got too much to lose. I dearly want to see my family again, but am basically stuck here until either the UK or USA (I have family in both places) get their act together, which at this point necessitates a vaccine.

Sorry mate we just happen to have an incompetent oaf in charge of our country at the mo, gives us a few and we’ll try to sort it out. 

25 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Good news over there .... and hopefully better news here in the vaccine regard not so far away right now ... talk of healthcare workers and over 85s being done in Dec and rolling out from there .... what are you able to do now and what do you think is coming NZ is the kind of release you need and hopefully it will be something close to that with cases that low  ? whats the vaccine news in Aus ? are you on a similar timeline to us vaccine wise ?

Listening to Radio X whilst cleaning the house!!! Definately having happy Glastonbury Flashbacks!!! Mixed feelings of waiting for hospital op and being back at work but not allowed to see family and friends!!! 🧐! Still  absolutely convincing myself we are going back next year to visit the farm!!! 😜🥳 Off outside to put the lockdown lights out to show we have all got this!!! Turn the music even louder!!! Look after yourselves everyone where ever you are!!! 😍

Edited by funkychick2007
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, funkychick2007 said:

Listening to Radio X whilst cleaning the house!!! Definately having happy Glastonbury Flashbacks!!! Mixed feelings of waiting for hospital op and being back at work but not allowed to see family and friends!!! 🧐! Still  absolutely convincing myself we are going back next year to visit the farm!!! 😜🥳 Off outside to put the lockdown lights out to show we have all got this!!! Turn the music even louder!!! Look after yourselves everyone where ever you are!!! 😍

Lots of love to you sweetie x look after yourself too 😍 xxx

• 2 weeks later...

Me and Mrs C have just spent 4 hours, with one bathroom break for me,  watching random Glastonbury highlights, mainly acts that We missed cos We were somewhere else at the time. We felt so happy watching huge crowds in close proximity, hugging, dancing , drinking, smoking, singing, laughing. 

i feel good, confident for the future and despite being still locked down I just sense the worst has past. Keep believing everyone, things will come good 👍

• Like 1

Been listening to Radio One whilst working from home! They have some really good advice and mini podcasts on newsbeat articles about mental health safe care and identity and impacts of lockdown and society!  Very impressed!! I think there is lots more advice on there website and BBC ActionLine!! 

Edited by funkychick2007
Spelling

Wasn't really sure where to post this, hope it's OK here......

My best mate sadly passed away on Saturday.

We'd been mates getting on for 18 years and had been to Glasto together 7 times, as well as countless other festivals, gigs and nights out. 

He absolutely loved Glastonbury.

The early years were all about partying, but in 2011 he began working as a music agent. Then in 2015 he started getting acts booked at Glasto. 

Mainly DJs, as was his niche, most recently Roger Sanchez, Erick Morillo and 808 State. His crowning glory though, was helping to revive the career of Craig David and getting him booked for his Silver Hayes gig and then onto The Pyramid the following year. 

You can read a bit about him here.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54958330

Yesterday The Eavii reached out to Ben's family to offer their condolences and tell them they could plant a tree in The King's Meadow in his honour. It was a lovely touch and gave us all a little lift. 

If you feel the need, then raise a glass to him tonight x

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

We'd been mates getting on for 18 years and had been to Glasto together 7 times, as well as countless other festivals, gigs and nights out. 

The early years were all about partying, but in 2011 he began working as a music agent. Then in 2015 he started getting acts booked at Glasto. 

Mainly DJs, as was his niche, most recently Roger Sanchez, Erick Morillo and 808 State. His crowning glory though, was helping to revive the career of Craig David and getting him booked for his Silver Hayes gig and then onto The Pyramid the following year. 

Yesterday The Eavii reached out to Ben's family to offer their condolences and tell them they could plant a tree in The King's Meadow in his honour. It was a lovely touch and gave us all a little lift. 

aw how sad to hear ..... will definitely raise a glass to him ... once the  tree is planted please post a pic and ill  endeavour to pay my respects on my next trip to the farm .... 

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Thinking of you and his family!! Please pass on my thanks and appreciation of all his hard work at the festival!! I have some great memories of the Craig David revival at silver Hayes we had such a great time we delayed getting to the pyramid stage to see Cold Play and couldn’t get in the field!! It was worth it though!!! 
The pyriamid Craig David slot was also great hadnt slept from the 12hr night shift night before! Great memories and sing alongs! 
take care of yourself!! 🌟

Edited by funkychick2007

Pretty shit this weekend, but only because I'm non-covid sick. Was supposed to meet up again with @sirjonnyp yesterday and had other commitments today I've had to abandon. Tomorrow isn't looking to great for work either at this point. On the flip side, masks stop becoming mandatory outside in about 90 minutes time and that's a big deal for me.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Pretty shit this weekend, but only because I'm non-covid sick. Was supposed to meet up again with @sirjonnyp yesterday and had other commitments today I've had to abandon. Tomorrow isn't looking to great for work either at this point. On the flip side, masks stop becoming mandatory outside in about 90 minutes time and that's a big deal for me.

I'm sorry you're poorly 😔 its crap when you have to cancel plans. But the good thing is you can rearrange your plans to meet up and its something to look forward to 😊

Hurray about the mask news!! 

Look after yourself Kali, and if u ever need to chat to anyone please please do x

Oh! Ps.. Hows your new place? And your cat? 

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t feel good, it’s my nephews 3rd birthday today and I’ve just had to leave it after a few minutes as my family aren’t keeping to the rules of the tier we are in and are mixing households inside. I feel horrible for leaving my nephew, it’s gonna really impact my anxiety doing this but I couldn’t stay there knowing the rules would be broken. 

In the days before today I had said to my family I wouldn’t be breaking the rules so when I went round my sisters and see my mum in the house I realised they just haven’t listened to me. I stayed for a few minutes for Isaac but I felt so uncomfortable and sad. I’m the only one that can actually go in my sisters house as I’m in the support bubble but yet I’m the one that isn’t as they are pick and choosing the rules. I’ve tried to explain why they are important and why we should stick to them but it’s fallen on deaf ears. I feel invisible. 

I realise this might make me the loser that’s sticking to the rules as best I can but I’m just doing what I feel is best and what I’m allowed to do.