How do you feel?

Matt42

I can’t believe it’s nearly mid September. Where the fuck has this year gone? We technically went into lockdown in March and it doesn’t feel that long ago.

Does anyone else feel like we’ve just lost a year? In the sense that it’s zapped past.

As said above I feel really worried about 2021. It feels like things are moving very slowly and it’l be Christmas before we know it.

Chris Whitty’s estimate that we won’t see a vaccine till next winter doesn’t feel so off now? Does it? Feel really like the world has just frozen.

Edited by Matt42

Pretty pissed off.  We are in Caerphilly County Borough which is in full lockdown after a spike.  As we can't leave the county we've had to cancel a week away in Dorset in the caravan when we would have been seeing old friends and family.  Also unable to travel just five miles from home to see brother in law for his birthday or grandchildren twins for their fifth birthdays as they are all just outside our county boundary.

12 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Pretty pissed off.  We are in Caerphilly County Borough which is in full lockdown after a spike.  As we can't leave the county we've had to cancel a week away in Dorset in the caravan when we would have been seeing old friends and family.  Also unable to travel just five miles from home to see brother in law for his birthday or grandchildren twins for their fifth birthdays as they are all just outside our county boundary.

Aw that’s rough gh ... hope you can come up with some alternatives that might mitigate it slightly 

Feeling proper shit today. Just a rubbish time at work partnered with being generally despondent about the state of the world and disheartened by the seemingly unending nature of Covid.

Just one of those days. Gonna make a risotto, have a wine, and hope that things won't all seem quite so shit in the morning.

Yep, no end in sight and it’s a struggle. The fact we’ll not have a ‘normal’ Christmas and that gigs/festivals next year are looking increasingly unlikely is hard to accept - along with all the Covidiots and their Coronatours. Also, my wife is facing cuts at her work this time next week. Need to stay positive. Somehow.

This cheered me up though: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2020/sep/14/stray-cat-sprints-across-finish-line-during-100m-race-in-turkey-video

This is just gonna be a rant. Job ending this year. Pissed off acting responsibly throughout means f**k all going forward. Not being able to meet in a house (if it remains in place) is gonna be a pain with the bad weather and dark evenings coming. Can't see widespread compliance 😕I don't want to go to a pub and sit right on top of them!  With people I care about all from different groups you don't know who they've been mixing with. I just want some coffee  and a chat after work ffs. Maybe I'll invest in a golf brolly and some thermals. I'm just starting to get a bit weary tbh. Hibernate for the winter...

Both my parents are in hospital for differing reasons. My wife's mother (her father died when she was young) is also in hospital. A dear friend's dad has just been taken into hospital, and another dear friend has just found out that one of his relatives has just committed suicide at a young age. I have felt better.

39 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Both my parents are in hospital for differing reasons. My wife's mother (her father died when she was young) is also in hospital. A dear friend's dad has just been taken into hospital, and another dear friend has just found out that one of his relatives has just committed suicide at a young age. I have felt better.

That's horrible mate I'm really sorry, do you need anyone to talk to? 

59 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Shout if u need a chat yog x 

I don't know what it's been like for others but it's been pretty hot again this week. I feel awful with the heat, it really effects me and can put me in an awful mood. I feel like my anxiety is just like that COVID cases graph, up and down all the time. Posting here is a really good distraction and genuinely helps which is part of why I think it bothers me when certain things happen here.

I'm just rambling, sorry.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I don't know what it's been like for others but it's been pretty hot again this week. I feel awful with the heat, it really effects me and can put me in an awful mood. I feel like my anxiety is just like that COVID cases graph, up and down all the time. Posting here is a really good distraction and genuinely helps which is part of why I think it bothers me when certain things happen here.

I'm just rambling, sorry.

The heat does the exact same to me and I've definitely noticed it again this week. Sleep quality is absolutely out the window with it, difficult to get to sleep and stay asleep. Way more nightmares and cold sweats too. All of which increases anxiety, which of course leads to worse sleep 😬

Looking forward to the colder months, sleep like a baby then.

4 minutes ago, alien said:

The heat does the exact same to me and I've definitely noticed it again this week. Sleep quality is absolutely out the window with it, difficult to get to sleep and stay asleep. Way more nightmares and cold sweats too. All of which increases anxiety, which of course leads to worse sleep 😬

Looking forward to the colder months, sleep like a baby then.

It doesn't help the other night I was woken up at half midnight by a neighbour on the ground floor having people round to their garden talking loudly. 2 other neighbours had to shout at them.

Colder months, windows closed, better sleep. Bliss hah.

4 hours ago, Ozanne said:

That's horrible mate I'm really sorry, do you need anyone to talk to? 

Thanks Ozanne, but I'll get through somehow. Its actually more complicated than that which I have stated. I do need to talk with a couple of people but they're not on here. I haven't spoken to my parents in months and haven't seen them since before lock down back in March. I was in a kind of Mexican stand off with them, and now they're both in hospital. I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and ring them on their respective wards tomorrow. I guess its a little sad, but these aren't two phone calls that I am looking forward to. 

Yep got to admit it's starting to get to me now. So bad now that I'd be happy to not attend Glastonbury next year if it meant it was on and the rest of the world was at least getting back to normal. I'm at the stage of thinking that it's unlikely it will be on next year and the idea that it could be another year before I even have a chance of going is just too horrible to contemplate. Work has been absolutely shite for ages but goes through periods of being even more bat shit mental than normal which the last couple of weeks have been.

So many people I know talk about meeting up with family but I'm not particularly close to my family and most of them live so far away that I can often go a year or more without seeing most of them anyway. Even during this I've only really been in contact with one sister and that's been the odd message on Instagram.

My sanity is based around music and going to gigs mostly. Also the gym which I've not been able to get back to yet because work has been so busy and unpredictable that I can't really book things in advance for fear of a work emergency meaning I can't attend. I know in many ways I'm luckier than a lot of people and I hate moaning but at the same time I just wish there was some kind of factory reset button we could press somewhere because life with all the shit but none of the good isn't much fun. 

To all those having a tough time at the moment I think we all just need to hang on in there and remember happier times will come around again. There will be music and dancing in fields again. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks Ozanne, but I'll get through somehow. Its actually more complicated than that which I have stated. I do need to talk with a couple of people but they're not on here. I haven't spoken to my parents in months and haven't seen them since before lock down back in March. I was in a kind of Mexican stand off with them, and now they're both in hospital. I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and ring them on their respective wards tomorrow. I guess its a little sad, but these aren't two phone calls that I am looking forward to. 

I know more than most about complicated family relationships. Hope it's gone ok.