How do you feel?

Matt42

I feel shit today. Split up with my Missus on Monday, I’m struggling with hideous low self esteem and anxiety, counselling finished a couple of weeks ago (I’ve got some horrible childhood traumas I’m trying to tackle) and on top of that, a colleague of mine passed away from Coronavirus yesterday. 

so in short, I’m hibernating for the day. Everything sucks. It’ll change, I know that, this is a temporary low mood: but it’s really boring and tiring feeling like this. 

8 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I feel shit today. Split up with my Missus on Monday, I’m struggling with hideous low self esteem and anxiety, counselling finished a couple of weeks ago (I’ve got some horrible childhood traumas I’m trying to tackle) and on top of that, a colleague of mine passed away from Coronavirus yesterday. 

so in short, I’m hibernating for the day. Everything sucks. It’ll change, I know that, this is a temporary low mood: but it’s really boring and tiring feeling like this. 

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time. 

Break ups are hard at the best of times but with everything else going on i can only imagine how difficult it is. 

If hibernating for the day is what will make u feel a little better then absolutely do it! I know everyone says it but.. just one day at a time, do what you feel like you need to each day, there's no right or wrong way to deal with anything. 

Most importantly, look after yourself x

And if you ever need anyone to talk to let us know 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

As above in welly’s post it’s good to get things out ... and people are a good bunch of listeners round these parts ... all the best and keep getting things out 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Still awaiting my oh call ... bloody useless lot !! We now at least have some limits on numbers of people in small rooms ... that are being ignored :( how are you getting on @balti-pie

Sorry to hear this!! I live 2 mins away from Asda I’m not go to shop there again until they sorted staff welfare out!’ Hope you hear something soon!! Good luck with the swimming!! 
Hope everyone else out there is okay It’s all getting very confusing again! Makes sense kids and young people are struggling with it all as most of us adults are! 

Edited by funkychick2007
Added extra

Just now, funkychick2007 said:

Sorry to hear this!! I live 2 mins away from Asda I’m not go to shop there again until they sorted staff welfare out!’ Hope you hear something soon!! Good luck with the swimming!! 

that one is a much better one  covid wise I hear good reports ... my festival friend and old boss works there ;) its just a shame things are different .... swimming should help distract and calm me fingers crossed :) 

19 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Still awaiting my oh call ... bloody useless lot !! We now at least have some limits on numbers of people in small rooms ... that are being ignored :( how are you getting on @balti-pie

Fed up of feeling miserable 😆😆 i think i must be a bit better. . . . the feelings of 'ill be alone forever' have changed to 'hmmm, there's plenty of women out there . . . perhaps i might find another one who wants to put up with me' 

Thanks though!  

9 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Fed up of feeling miserable 😆😆 i think i must be a bit better. . . . the feelings of 'ill be alone forever' have changed to 'hmmm, there's plenty of women out there . . . perhaps i might find another one who wants to put up with me' 

Thanks though!  

Sorry pal, all sounds a bit crap!  Sometimes it's good to wallow in the feelings for a few days and then come out the other side, chin up!

Still working on the FNM tix btw... :lol:

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Thanks though!  

you'll be grand apparently someone for everyone .... or so I keep getting told :) wow 15,000 posts !! 

Edited by crazyfool1

3 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Feeling less optimistic about the festival going ahead with these rise in numbers.  Actually thought we'd be all sorted by Christmas and we'd get the big thumbs up in January but it looks as though it's going in the other direction.  

Genuinely don't know.  I know I (and I think quite a few others) were expecting peaks and troughs and more local lockdowns over the summer and autumn, so although it sucks to see numbers going back up the more I think about it I realise this is actually what I was expecting.

Fuck it. We'll get there.

Just now, Quark said:

Genuinely don't know.  I know I (and I think quite a few others) were expecting peaks and troughs and more local lockdowns over the summer and autumn, so although it sucks to see numbers going back up the more I think about it I realise this is actually what I was expecting.

Fuck it. We'll get there.

I hope so mate, although it could mean another lockdown which is a small sacrifice to get it back to normal, and get to the festival obviously!

It's interesting, and concerning, to see the current rise in cases is going up at the same rate as the first wave.  Hopefully it plateaus a lot quicker or we are back to square one.

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

I hope so mate, although it could mean another lockdown which is a small sacrifice to get it back to normal, and get to the festival obviously!

It's interesting, and concerning, to see the current rise in cases is going up at the same rate as the first wave.  Hopefully it plateaus a lot quicker or we are back to square one.

dont forget that testing is far more available now than it was  ... so it might not be increasing at quite the same rate ... but yes its going up too fast 

57 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What’s up ? 

just work, very stressed today! But I feel like my head is gonna explode ARGH!!!!!

46 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Do you need glitter sparkles and rainbows?? 🌈

Got to admit today is probably the most frustrating so far!! 🤬

hope you feel better soon! 

I always need glitter sparkles and rainbows :) especially today!

Still awaiting my oh call ... apparently my manager might not have completed the process .... had an email back last night from exec for company ... towing a generic we are doing all we can to keep colleagues  safe and will be following government advice on mandating facemasks ... now I have a name to push it further with on Instagram ... generic politician responses unfortunately aren’t going to cut it with me where safety is concerned ... I want to know why I’m not as safe as a colleague Working for the same company 8 miles or so away ... not that .... are doing all they can to keep us safe !!!  Anyway that’s an update where I am now ... and seeing Scotland mandate them for hospitality workers mean we are a step closer to all of us wearing them at work 

20 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Feeling like I'm cursed pretty badly. I got hit by a car while walking through a parking lot yesterday. 

Luckily I didnt break anything but I feel pretty jacked up. Concussion, whiplash, some road rash and some decent damage to my right leg. 

Man it's been a rough year. 

This sounds awlful!! Hope your friends and family are taking gods care of you! Look after yourself and best wishes for feeling better soon! Sparkles and rainbows being sent your way! 🌈