How do you feel?

Matt42

If you need to relax, I can fully recommend the Bob Ross painting programs on BBC4. Its like ASMR before that was even a thing.

His paintings are a bit Poundland Christmas cards but the whole vibe is so relaxing.

His voice and the knife on canvas. I challenge anyone to watch and not get a tingly scalp at some stage.

Bob Ross's perm > government guidance

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

If you need to relax, I can fully recommend the Bob Ross painting programs on BBC4. Its like ASMR before that was even a thing.

His paintings are a bit Poundland Christmas cards but the whole vibe is so relaxing.

His voice and the knife on canvas. I challenge anyone to watch and not get a tingly scalp at some stage.

Bob Ross's perm > government guidance

I absolutely love Bob Ross 😍

14 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Been a shitty week for me. My uncle died the other day but found out last night I'm allowed to go to the funeral. I didn't think I would with all the restrictions. So that has made me feel a little better.

Hope everyone else is doing ok x

Sorry to hear that Wellyboot x

• Like 1

Condolences wellyboot. My grandad died in april of Corona. I live in Sweden so had to watch the funeral on webcam. Too many reminders of our mortality this last year and not enough escapism.

But I just found this when going through some junk - a welcome reminder that even though life is only temporary, so is Corona and before you know it we’ll be back... at the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!!!

E76F31A0-2881-4758-9C99-25728EF4515F.jpeg

12 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Condolences wellyboot. My grandad died in april of Corona. I live in Sweden so had to watch the funeral on webcam. Too many reminders of our mortality this last year and not enough escapism.

But I just found this when going through some junk - a welcome reminder that even though life is only temporary, so is Corona and before you know it we’ll be back... at the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!!!

E76F31A0-2881-4758-9C99-25728EF4515F.jpeg

I agree, its been a rotten year so far. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandad x

Not long to go now, we'll be back there before we know it :) this made me smile thank you

I'm really quite happy right now. I have done positive and constructive things in the past 24 hours. The main one is that I'm helping some poor young lad out with a benefits appeal. He's already been dealt a poor hand in life, and the DWP want to serve him another hand like it. So, I've taken up his case, done a run up, and kicked the DWP in the bollocks. I've also indicated that they'll keep on getting a kick in the bollocks until they cough up to this kid. I know that I don't know what their reaction will be / what the overall outcome will be. However both this lad and myself have gone in firing some heavy duty artillery off. I'm happy that we'll have tried our hardest and given it 100%. One can but try.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm really quite happy right now. I have done positive and constructive things in the past 24 hours. The main one is that I'm helping some poor young lad out with a benefits appeal. He's already been dealt a poor hand in life, and the DWP want to serve him another hand like it. So, I've taken up his case, done a run up, and kicked the DWP in the bollocks. I've also indicated that they'll keep on getting a kick in the bollocks until they cough up to this kid. I know that I don't know what their reaction will be / what the overall outcome will be. However both this lad and myself have gone in firing some heavy duty artillery off. I'm happy that we'll have tried our hardest and given it 100%. One can but try.

Hopefully a resident DWP efest bod might come along and help ... it’s amazing what help people on these forums can provide :) 

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Hopefully a resident DWP efest bod might come along and help ... it’s amazing what help people on these forums can provide :) 

Hello crazyfool1,

This, to all intents and purposes, is now already the 'end game'. There's no more opportunities at this stage for further involvement. It may come about that there will be in the future, but I really can't see it getting to that level. It'll sound arrogant, but they'd have to be masochists or sociopaths not to acquiesce.

Do you know that the Department of Justice provided figures for late 2019 (the only figures that I could get my hands on) which stated that 75% of all appeals for a certain type of benefit (I'll not say which one) were successful against the DWP. This means that 75% of appellants were able to prove that the DWP was monumentally failing in their initial assessments. Can you imagine having a 75% failure rate on appeals? I can't think of any other Government department that could match the severity of that incompetence and costly inefficiency. Can you imagine that type of failure within the private sector? You couldn't get to that level of ineptness as you'd have been sacked way before those levels were reached. 

To add to the above, please picture the scene in that it is not even the DWP's own staff that are creating this biblical fuck up. It's actually been two private contractors who are being paid 100's of millions to get it wrong. I'll be talking about Capita Business Services Ltd and Independent Assessment Services (formerly known as Atos Healthcare). Not only are they getting it wrong, but in the case of this young lad, they are actually lying ie they are writing down something different to the answers that he gave to their questions. Not the odd time, here and there, but throughout his whole assessment. 

Anyway, if we can, me and this lad will nail them.

Morning Everyone!! 
Anyone else feeling like they are stood watching the world from the outside and not really feeling part of anything!!! 
maybe it’s because it’s a Monday or maybe it’s because I haven’t had my yearly week on the farm in the summer!!! 🤔
How is everyone else feeling? 

On 7/24/2020 at 10:43 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Can you imagine that type of failure within the private sector? You couldn't get to that level of ineptness as you'd have been sacked way before those levels were reached. 

To add to the above, please picture the scene in that it is not even the DWP's own staff that are creating this biblical fuck up. It's actually been two private contractors who are being paid 100's of millions to get it wrong. I'll be talking about Capita Business Services Ltd and Independent Assessment Services (formerly known as Atos Healthcare).

Well done pushing back against these parasites.

But you have actually contradicted yourself......the services you are dealing with are, as you identified, the private sector. 

This is where the problem lies. They are not there to be fair, open and honest.

It is recognised that they are contracted by Govt precisely to to make things difficult and they make their money by rejection rates and reductions in awards.