How do you feel?

Matt42

1 hour ago, stuie said:

There is always a way! Depends how much you want it and if you’re willing to make some sacrifices.

Is there a definite way?I tried for the volunteering this year and didn't have any joy , I would do any thing for me and my missus to get down there and be a part of it next year 

42 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

It may be because things change on a Monday! Take each day as it comes I found the more I ventured out the easier it got! Start of with the quieter places first! I’m interested to see the impact of hospitality opening on Saturday! I really hope people are sensible and don’t destroy the hard work the hospitality business has put it to keep us safe!! 

I think you are right, it's a bit of a general Monday feeling. I do go out, I've been going out for a half hour walk on my lunch every day. I would've got too comfortable never going out otherwise! I really hope the further relaxing of measures doesn't lead to an increase in cases, especially as the weather looks bad so naturally more people will be inside!

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I tend to feel more anxious on a Monday because of drinking more at the weekend. Which in turn leaves to a shit sleep on Sunday.

I get that too. When we could go out for a good crawl I used to get so excited in the days building up to it then after it's the complete opposite.

3 hours ago, Steel city camper said:

Is there a definite way?I tried for the volunteering this year and didn't have any joy , I would do any thing for me and my missus to get down there and be a part of it next year 

In a normal year, people will drop out right up to the last minute.  If you keep trying you’ll get there! 

3 hours ago, Steel city camper said:

2 mates volunteered for 2019. They said loads of the people they were working with were people who had got their places within the final fortnight due to drop outs.

2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Hope you're all doing ok today :) we're on the countdown now, Mondays out of the way too!

Although I am back in work today after a long weekend - been here an hour and half and am stressed already :help: 

I sat down and did some meditation and lit some tealights around my desk before opening up my inbox this morning  😂  anything to try and maintain some peace after four days off... 

Otherwise I'm pretty good :) kinda still buzzing since yesterday finding out I am now a qualified counsellor! The outcome of four years of hard work on top of my regular job. Feels pretty nice.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I sat down and did some meditation and lit some tealights around my desk before opening up my inbox this morning  😂  anything to try and maintain some peace after four days off... 

Otherwise I'm pretty good :) kinda still buzzing since yesterday finding out I am now a qualified counsellor! The outcome of four years of hard work on top of my regular job. Feels pretty nice.

MASSIVE WELL DONE!!!!! :yahoo:that's fantastic news!! Very, very happy for you!!! :) 

12 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

2 mates volunteered for 2019. They said loads of the people they were working with were people who had got their places within the final fortnight due to drop outs.

I'll book the time off and keep harassing people up to the last minute then , out of Interest any ideas what type of work they where doing 

41 minutes ago, Steel city camper said:

I'll book the time off and keep harassing people up to the last minute then , out of Interest any ideas what type of work they where doing 

Most places have a reserve list, even after the initial places are gone, keep mailing and ask to be put on a reserve list as you have the week off, are flexible etc, and keep everything crossed

So just attended my first online funeral which was weird but nice. I wonder if some of these things will continue after this is over because it was someone who lives at the other end of the country from me so I probably in normal circumstances wouldn't have been able to go but it was nice to attend and take the time to pay respects. Maybe some of the things that have been put in place can be retained and ones like this are a nice addition. Man years ago I couldn't make it home for my Grandmother or cousin's funeral and this option would have been nice to have then. 

ok so after 15 ish weeks off .... its return day tomorrow and im actually not feeling so bad .... I know that work aren't really adhering to lots of the social distancing stuff ... so its about me giving people a nudge if I dont feel they are and im ok with that ... im sure I will get a few grumbles from the usual suspects that lack intelligence ... but ive got myself as prepared as I can be with mask / shield , sanitiser and social distancing bag with preprogrammed gifs so ive done all I can .... not sure my sleep will be amazing tonight but during lockdown its not been the best anyway ..... 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok so after 15 ish weeks off .... its return day tomorrow and im actually not feeling so bad .... I know that work aren't really adhering to lots of the social distancing stuff ... so its about me giving people a nudge if I dont feel they are and im ok with that ... im sure I will get a few grumbles from the usual suspects that lack intelligence ... but ive got myself as prepared as I can be with mask / shield , sanitiser and social distancing bag with preprogrammed gifs so ive done all I can .... not sure my sleep will be amazing tonight but during lockdown its not been the best anyway ..... 

I'm glad you're feeling alright about it. Sounds like a sensible outlook. Hope your return goes as well as possible and if you need to vent about the usual suspects, you always can here.

Just now, WestCountryGirl said:

I'm glad you're feeling alright about it. Sounds like a sensible outlook. Hope your return goes as well as possible and if you need to vent about the usual suspects, you always can here.

cheers ... I might feel different when my 5.15 alarm goes off ... but so far im ok :) 

29 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Good luck, I hope it goes ok. Do let us know how you got on 

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ooo big day tomorrow! Im so glad you're feeling ok about it and you sound like you're as prepared as you can be so thats good 😊 let us know how it goes luv will be thinking about you tomoz! What time will you be working?

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

Ooo big day tomorrow! Im so glad you're feeling ok about it and you sound like you're as prepared as you can be so thats good 😊 let us know how it goes luv will be thinking about you tomoz! What time will you be working?

6am -12 ... im only part time :) need to spend the rest of my days working on some kind of retraining ... not sure what yet ... thanks WB  and @Cream Soda

On 6/30/2020 at 9:01 AM, WestCountryGirl said:

Congratulations, that is a great achievement. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

You can do this. Maybe buy yourself a t-shirt that says I have COVID keep away!! and then in really small letters it could say (well I might)