How do you feel?

Matt42

Might give Glasto coverage a miss for a bit today. Can't help but think how good of a birthday it could have been instead of being stuck at home. Grateful to be here though, big 3-0 at Glasto next year and my family clearly know me well given some of my birthday gifts.

IMG_20200628_155547.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just now, kaytee... said:

Might give Glasto coverage a miss for a bit today. Can't help but think how good of a birthday it could have been instead of being stuck at home. Grateful to be here though, big 3-0 at Glasto next year and my family clearly know me well given some of my birthday gifts.

IMG_20200628_155547.jpg

happy birthday ... I won't forget that ... Im 44 on opening day next year ... what a place it is to have a party :) ...

25 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

We should do them all of the year i think. Its really really lovely x 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

absolutely agree .... spoken to so many great people ... really want to put faces to those usernames .... even if they aren't quite as we expect @RarerThanDandyB/ @dentalplan :) 

So much this. Most of us are just a name on a forum. We talk but you don’t really know each other or get a connection until you meet in real life. The online chat was the next best thing. 

Gutted I missed it, been to one at Glasto briefly a few years ago , though it was 2010. But Liverpool were on, sorry. After that it was too late. If there's another I'd pop in but appreciate it's a once a year thing. Not that you missed me 🤣

3 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Gutted I missed it, been to one at Glasto briefly a few years ago , though it was 2010. But Liverpool were on, sorry. After that it was too late. If there's another I'd pop in but appreciate it's a once a year thing. Not that you missed me 🤣

At the end theres a link to tonights meet from 7.30 

Just got out of bed after our mini Glasto shindig last night. Went on through and watched the sun come up, a Saturday night fest tradition. Normally I would get feelings of guilt if I lounged in bed all day, but cutting myself some slack given the situation... Feeling happy, present af, and buzzing for next year now. 😆

Feeling more positive today, I think the thought that I won’t be waking up near-death tomorrow without a gruelling journey home is slight counterweight 

12 hours and it’s done and dusted, we can all look forward full steam ahead into next year! 

ending this week with Reef as I missed them for the Cure last year and wasn’t making the same mistake this year 

cheers everyone, nearly there ! 

5 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Feeling more positive today, I think the thought that I won’t be waking up near-death tomorrow without a gruelling journey home is slight counterweight 

12 hours and it’s done and dusted, we can all look forward full steam ahead into next year! 

ending this week with Reef as I missed them for the Cure last year and wasn’t making the same mistake this year 

cheers everyone, nearly there ! 

Same here! Sucked up the courage and got into the stream.

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

absolutely agree .... spoken to so many great people ... really want to put faces to those usernames .... even if they aren't quite as we expect @RarerThanDandyB/ @dentalplan :) 

I'm confused...was the guy in the screenshot you posted of weds night that said "dentalplan" REALLY dentalplan?

22 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I'm confused...was the guy in the screenshot you posted of weds night that said "dentalplan" REALLY dentalplan?

Yes it was 

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

no it was @RarerThanDandyB pretending with dental plan user name ..... he fooled most but I was in the know .... he was outed later by hmv 

Lies 

Well, since last Monday I’ve been a moody piece of shit - rude, snappy and irritable. I felt sorry for myself, and for all of us that love the festival so much. 

I avoided the programming, turned over the radio when they spoke about it and was working on an out of sight, out of mind basis, except it was never out of my mind.

I gave in and watched some sets on Saturday and more Sunday along with the experience programme and I’ve had a total change of perspective. 

Watching it back this weekend, I realised I’m truly blessed to have experienced what I have over 10 years, to have had the most amazing times with my friends, to have met the amazing new friends that I have met there. 

Countdown to G2021 starts here! 💙

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On the whole, OK and content, but also anxious about the reopening and tourism industries reopening this weekend. I know they need to come back to avoid people losing jobs and more but it all still feels a tad early. Always had it in my head the end of July/start of (normal) English school holidays would be the time to take stock and start to safely rebuild.

Haven't posted on here in a few months, which had become a real struggle. Work's been particularly rough, and I think the additional effect of being locked away in a flat with no Glastonbury to look forward to become a bit much. Spent a few days back home last week, and now we're officially into 'looking forward to glasto 21' territory (as well as being able to see friends and family a bit more freely) hopefully my mental wellbeing will pick up a bit! Maybe I'll even brave watching a few sets on iplayer 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, kaytee... said:

IMG_20200628_155547.jpg

Happy birthday for yesterday - What wonderful gifts!!

Been a bit of a shitty depressing weekend to be honest.  After missing out in the sale last year, I've been dreading the glasto weekend coming and I've avoided the bbc coverage as much as possible. it's so in your face that it's unavoidable to not get reminders that I wont be there this year and a double kick in the nuts, highly likely,  that i wont be there next year either.  Firstly missing out on tickets and not going, ok it's been postponed and everyone has missed out, I get that and everyone is feeling a bit glum, but also knowing I'm probably not gonna get to the festival in 2021 either is a massive head fuck.  

positively thinking I could get lucky in the sale in october but it could be another 2 feckin years before i'm back. This time next year could be bloody awful 

39 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

Positively thinking I could get lucky in the sale in october but it could be another 2 feckin years before i'm back. This time next year could be bloody awful 

There is always a way! Depends how much you want it and if you’re willing to make some sacrifices.

Oh I missed the meet , how did that happen... mm probably because I decamped under canvas on a campsite , with more than one other group celebrating glasto weekend. I stuck on the coverage and indulged in cider , rum and too many shots . I rarely watch sets back after the event so it was lovely to watch so much back , and feel very blessed to have experienced so many Glastonbury’s 

less than a year now , we’re back to normal and just hope and hope and hope those gates open next year 

any plans for any more virtual meets ? 

17 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Oh I missed the meet , how did that happen... mm probably because I decamped under canvas on a campsite , with more than one other group celebrating glasto weekend. I stuck on the coverage and indulged in cider , rum and too many shots . I rarely watch sets back after the event so it was lovely to watch so much back , and feel very blessed to have experienced so many Glastonbury’s 

less than a year now , we’re back to normal and just hope and hope and hope those gates open next year 

any plans for any more virtual meets ? 

We’ve agreed to a monthly meet I think ... so keep your eyes open on that thread or I will try to remember to watts app you :) 

25 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Does anyone feel that they are more anxious on a Monday? I've felt more anxious again today, in general out and about as well it tends to hit me more for some reason at the start of the week.

It may be because things change on a Monday! Take each day as it comes I found the more I ventured out the easier it got! Start of with the quieter places first! I’m interested to see the impact of hospitality opening on Saturday! I really hope people are sensible and don’t destroy the hard work the hospitality business has put it to keep us safe!! 

6 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

I’m interested to see the impact of hospitality opening on Saturday! I really hope people are sensible and don’t destroy the hard work the hospitality business has put it to keep us safe!! 

Me too.  Is anyone venturing out at the weekend?  I am going to a local restaurant on Saturday and a country pub for a roast on Sunday so nowhere too busy to ease me back in.  I will be interested to see how many turn up to the city centre pubs.