How do you feel?

Matt42

I’m feeling ok about it mostly.  I didn’t have a ticket for this year but I had volunteering applications in and hopefully I would’ve made it there somehow.. but having the opportunity to take a pause and have all the bbc coverage to reflect / celebrate the 50th anniversary is kinda nice.. obviously we’d all much rather be there having the time of our lives but given the circumstances I think the hole has been filled pretty well.. it’s like a huge outpouring of love for the festival and an there’s so much glasto content out there so we can all absorb all of the goodness of the festival and get excited about 2021.  I still need a ticket for next year obviously and they’re probably going to be even harder to get but I’m hopeful as ever and more excited than I’ve ever been. 

6 hours ago, broken monkey said:

Apologies in advance for a downer of a post.

Really finding it hard today. Just had a reminder of a photo taken 10yrs ago today with my youngest brother and sister. My brother passed away at the end of Feb (non covid reasons) at the age of 33. Was the biggest Muse fan, and despite many mental health issues he made it to the festival and had an amazing time in 2010 (he was also there in 2004).

I've not really had a chance to grieve or come to terms with what happened as lockdown occured days after his funeral and nothing has been close to 'normal' since that time.

It's only just hit me that I'll never get to create any new memories with him. He adored the festival, the people and all that it stood for and I loved watching his face as he noticed something extraordinary or amusing occuring. Most of his favourite stories were from the fesitival, he had an amazing memory and could recount the tiniest details years later.

Missing you so much Rob. x

Glastonbury2010.png

I'm sorry. That's a great photo, it sounds like you have some lovely memories of your brother at glastonbury. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, MrZigster said:

It's day three for me. Started Thursday. And the iPlayer channel coverage goes on through Monday. 

I usually have a strict "no alcohol until after 9pm" rule, but given that I'm on leave and should be at a festival where I usually let said rule slide...

I feel like a drink.

I'm hammered.. Left to go to a glasto party... Its a friend a she's not had her birth anywhere but glasto.. Obviously not on fallo yeas.. Bloody Great. Need an oggie 

9 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I'm hammered.. Left to go to a glasto party... Its a friend a she's not had her birth anywhere but glasto.. Obviously not on fallo yeas.. Bloody Great. Need an oggie 

I’ve been on my traditional Sunday morning Glastonbury drink of White Russians since 8.45. Get some grub down you and carry on...

It's been a bit weird really, had tickets and after the initial downer of it being cancelled felt Ok as it was beyond anyones control 

Tried to stay away from the player but popped to my daughters yesterday morning and they had the Glastonbury garden party going on  and that  just finished my day... came home in a right misery mood .

Oh well at least it's nearly over and we can really count down properly .. hope there aren't too many sore heads this morning 

18 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I really wanted to be into it all but I think the whole virtual festival thing just made it worse for me. Oh well, come tomorrow its all about 2021

Definitely this! By tomorrow we are in a better position, guaranteed tickets for the next festival.

I’m feeling good today, yesterday I spent the afternoon over at my nephews again. Me and the eldest made this epic tower. Maybe we could get a full size version onto the farm!? 😂

18CF43FF-5388-4F27-A1F9-A0280679A653.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Definitely this! By tomorrow we are in a better position, guaranteed tickets for the next festival.

I’m feeling good today, yesterday I spent the afternoon over at my nephews again. Me and the eldest made this epic tower. Maybe we could get a full size version onto the farm!? 😂

18CF43FF-5388-4F27-A1F9-A0280679A653.jpeg

You're right, just get today out of the way and its just the normal amount of time to wait but without the october stress

That's a fab tower!! I'm so pleased you got to go see them again and have fun with your nephews! I think it would look great in the T&C, get them on it 😊

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Struggling. We all had such good plans for glasto weekend but it’s all kind of fizzled.

I feel so up and down at the moment, lots going on and I feel like the glasto coverage is just making me sad at the moment.

I'm sorry you're feeling sad with it all. It's really difficult, I had built it up to be something fantastic cos its the closest we're gonna get this year, but really its just a bit rubbish and sad. 

Hope you're ok, and at least after today its all about next year

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Struggling. We all had such good plans for glasto weekend but it’s all kind of fizzled.

I feel so up and down at the moment, lots going on and I feel like the glasto coverage is just making me sad at the moment.

Take break if u need to ... its available for a month to catch up on if you feel more able .... look forward to 2021 ...

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m sorry to hear that mate. I’ve kept away from it for that reason. If you can try to do something completely different that will give you something to occupy your mind with. It’s tough though I agree. 

51 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I really wanted to be into it all but I think the whole virtual festival thing just made it worse for me. Oh well, come tomorrow its all about 2021

Me too! Watched quite a few sets on Friday and then went out for a walk and did a quiz yesterday! As couldn’t watch anymore! Back to it today! 

I've surprised myself by being able to dig in quite a bit to the BBC stuff yesterday and Friday (6music was really bringing me down on Thursday but something shifted since). Have really enjoyed it actually. A few tears but mostly in a good way. Definitely want to watch the Bowie one later. It helps that this has been a pretty big weekend for me as the first time I've seen anyone for so long so I guess that has put things in perspective. Meeting a mate shortly for a can in the park so sure we will have a little reminisce. Stay strong people! And if you have tickets then focus on that x

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've surprised myself by being able to dig in quite a bit to the BBC stuff yesterday and Friday (6music was really bringing me down on Thursday but something shifted since). Have really enjoyed it actually. A few tears but mostly in a good way. Definitely want to watch the Bowie one later. It helps that this has been a pretty big weekend for me as the first time I've seen anyone for so long so I guess that has put things in perspective. Meeting a mate shortly for a can in the park so sure we will have a little reminisce. Stay strong people! And if you have tickets then focus on that x

I have also got pretty into it. Wednesday was terrible...was at work just generally feeling terrible about the whole thing. But Friday was great. Two of my glasto crew (who are now my "bubble") came over around midday and we got a blanket out on the living room and projected some sets. By some miracle, it then stopped raining, so we went into the garden and a few of the neigbours came out (we have a shared garden) and we all watched  Blur together. Yesterday woke up feeling pretty hungover, so I went over to my friends house and we watched more sets, drank more cider/beer and had a Goan fish curry. 

A couple of times I did think "god, this is quite sad isn't it?" but I soon got over it :) Watched Radiohead '97 this morning while cleaning up, now streaming The Common and will probs be on my sofa for Dolly and Bowie later. As my friend said, it's not the same as the real thing, but it's still a great way to spend a weekend. 

• Upvote 1

Was already feeling pretty down from no Glasto, but just found out that my uncle has died, so that's a big fat sucker punch.

I'm having a BBQ at my girlfriend's with her family this afternoon, so I'll be able to take my mind off it... But fuck me, man. When it rains, it pours

I'm feeling pretty food this afternoon. Just back from a few days in Plymouth seeing my parents for the first time in 6 months, and got to meet up with my brother, sil and nephew on our way back up. 

I've watched loads of the BBC stuff and enjoyed every second. The sets that I saw, missed, and were way before my time. I cried 4 times just watching the Coldplay one (Viola Beach moment, during Viva La Vida just taking in the crowd and thinking what a bizarre concept that seems today and will we get it back, during Staying Alive just being grateful for what a purely ecstatic moment of my life that was with my friends, and during Michael's My Way because... well, what a man.. where would we be without him doing it his way?) but my overwhelming emotions while watching have been fond nostalgia, joy and gratitude 💙

Excited to start getting excited for Glasto and so many other things in the next year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

It could be quite an emotional one. No one is alone this weekend. 

45 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Absolutely ... then we look on to 2021 together ... 

We should do them all of the year i think. Its really really lovely x 

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

Was already feeling pretty down from no Glasto, but just found out that my uncle has died, so that's a big fat sucker punch.

I'm having a BBQ at my girlfriend's with her family this afternoon, so I'll be able to take my mind off it... But fuck me, man. When it rains, it pours

Ah that's crap, sorry for your loss 😞