How do you feel?

Matt42

37 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Thank you.

I can't believe this weekend is finally making me interact with bloody Facebook (I watched Billy Bragg and Beans On Toast via it earlier).

No doubt they'll be tracing everything I do and everything I have installed and everywhere I go for ever more. Not that they weren't already.

CIAbook I call them.

/removestinfoilhat

Currently trying to sleep in a flat in the middle of Liverpool city centre with people screaming, playing music, honking horns and setting off fireworks continuously outside, so it’s just like I’m at Glastonbury, except I don’t have the aide of a days worth of drinking and continuous walking around a field to help me get to sleep. 

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Currently trying to sleep in a flat in the middle of Liverpool city centre with people screaming, playing music, honking horns and setting off fireworks continuously outside, so it’s just like I’m at Glastonbury, except I don’t have the aide of a days worth of drinking and continuous walking around a field to help me get to sleep. 

Doing our best here in Edinburgh to annoy the neighbours.  😁

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Sounds boss.

Not quite a Thursday afternoon at the Stonebridge, but I’ve spent my Friday at work listening to the Baggy Monday’s 2020 playlist that was put on Spotify yesterday . I am now in a somewhat decent mood.

I will probably listen to Kendrick next and then get annoyed about what we are missing tonight. This will not make me feel good.

10 hours ago, MrZigster said:

So, to add to the advice of @stuartbert two hats& @WellybootI'm going to suggest exercising. I'm a right hypocrite as I've just been sat on my arse for months but my experience was it's true what they say about the benefits it has on mental health.

I would echo that, even if its just a walk.  

9 hours ago, MrZigster said:

CIAbook I call them.

/removestinfoilhat

Ever heard of Lifelog? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA_LifeLog  Cancelled just as Facebook was founded, pure coincidence though obviously.  Get that tinfoil hat back on 🤣

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah that's how I feel. Sorry to hear you're having the same problem, although it does help to know I'm not alone in that.

Its definitely not just you. I'm really deflated with it all and its shit innit.

But today is another day and maybe we will feel a bit better later. 

Either way, if you need anyone to chat to anytime just giz a shout 

8 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Its definitely not just you. I'm really deflated with it all and its shit innit.

But today is another day and maybe we will feel a bit better later. 

Either way, if you need anyone to chat to anytime just giz a shout 

Thanks that's sweet of you :)

We are off to see the first people we know since March today (my partner's parents) on a day trip so that will be a nice distraction. I'm so excited to get out of our London borough for the first time in so long.

Packing up camping chairs, sun lotion and rain gear does make me feel like we're going somewhere else though...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We are off to see the first people we know since March today (my partner's parents) on a day trip so that will be a nice distraction. I'm so excited to get out of our London borough for the first time in so long.

Packing up camping chairs, sun lotion and rain gear does make me feel like we're going somewhere else though...

Thats a fantastic distraction, and maybe just the thing you need! It will be great to have a change of scenery and see your partners folks.

I hope you have a lovely day and hope its a better one than yesterday, I'm sure it will be 😊

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Thats a fantastic distraction, and maybe just the thing you need! It will be great to have a change of scenery and see your partners folks.

I hope you have a lovely day and hope its a better one than yesterday, I'm sure it will be 😊

Ah thank you! Yes I'm sure it will be. Hope you have a good one too. I'm hoping to turn a bit of a corner at some point this weekend to actually be able to watch some coverage! Thinking it might be good to start with sets I wasn't actually at (Bowie and REM)...

I'm feeling good. Sad to not be at the festival but I am enjoying my Glastonbury at home. Watching all the sets on the live channel all day/night and chatting with people on here made me feel a bit like I had had a day at the festival. I'm just trying to make the best of it.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Has everyone got some friends to see this weekend? 

If you need some virtual drinking buddies to talk shit to there’s plenty of us on here who will join in. 

I can literally open a 24 hour video drop in - I won't man it - if it will help people. 

Edited by vintagelaureate

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah thank you! Yes I'm sure it will be. Hope you have a good one too. I'm hoping to turn a bit of a corner at some point this weekend to actually be able to watch some coverage! Thinking it might be good to start with sets I wasn't actually at (Bowie and REM)...

Bowie followed by REM is my Friday night set list tonight. Great choices!

@Wellyboot, @Sasperella @stuartbert two hats @MrZigster - Thanks for the advice & support.

I am pretty determined to get through this, even if I have to change my lifestyle a bit. I had another mini wobble this morning, but sorted myself out which is encouraging. 

I've watch Metallica's 2014 set back, not seen it since I was there. It was as good as I remembered!

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I can literally open a 24 hour video drop in - I won't man it - if it will help people. 

im up for joining this ... might be a bit pissed if its tonight ... but thats not an issue ... im off to a bbq this afternoon so it might be later evening .... in fact if anyone fancies a chat and feeling a bit down in the dumps during the weekend ... DM me and ill see if I can help cheer you up 

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

@Wellyboot, @Sasperella @stuartbert two hats @MrZigster - Thanks for the advice & support.

I am pretty determined to get through this, even if I have to change my lifestyle a bit. I had another mini wobble this morning, but sorted myself out which is encouraging. 

I've watch Metallica's 2014 set back, not seen it since I was there. It was as good as I remembered!

Thanks again.

Been dipping in and out of threads, missed this one Fuzz.  Sucks that you're struggling pal.

Not much I can offer that'll be of any use tbh.  All I've got is that when I was struggling a bit with anxiety a few years ago (primarily around work) I was there as well, asking myself what the hell was wrong with me and how I'd get back to functioning properly.

But I did.  Took a bit of time, had a few wobbles along the way, and to this day I probably still have the occasional one.  After watching The Streets last year on the Sunday night we were heading back to Williams Green, and my mates took a route straight through the Pyramid field during the tail end of the Cure's set.  I took one look at the crowd and recognised the feeling, thought "fuck that!" and took the long way around.

One thing I can suggest is finding the really basic things that work on improving your state of mind, and either writing them down or getting them logged in your brain.  Mine are bed by 10pm, exercise (preferably outdoors), eating properly (usually meant batch cooking on a Sunday so I had lunches in particular ready for the week), no caffeine after 2pm, and taking a bit of time on a Sunday to just get my head around what's happening in the coming 2-3 weeks.

When I recognise some of my personal red flags (normally being forgetful, losing car keys, and going quiet and not responding to messages, voicemails or phone calls) I know it's time to take a step back and go to those basic things (even if not all of them) that help me to reset. It's the really basic stuff that seems to have the biggest impact.

Keep well pal 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I hope you have a nice time seeing your partners family, enjoy being out of London!