How do you feel?

Matt42

Sorry to say this but...

I've been pleased it wasnt on.

On a previous post I mentioned that Ive had some problems this year. It has been the fact I have suffered with panic attacks. I started with them last August as a 1 off & they then resurfaced over the winter becoming pretty frequent. However since March I hadn't had 1... but today for the first time in 15 weeks I had 1 & it was a bad 1.

It was brought on by the heat. I was stood in the Tesco Express queue for 5 mins, sun beating down & it happened. I'd only been out for 5 mins & I couldn't cope. Sadly & I do mean sadly, it's probably best for me the festival isn't on this year.

There is a fear now that I cant cope with a festival, especially a hot one, but not just that, there is a fear that I cant cope full stop. Hopefully this will pass, there is still a year left yet - but I feel pretty down tonight. As if there has been a massive step backwards. I thought I'd cracked it, but clearly not.

Hopefully everyone's Virtual Glastonbury is enjoyable, and I am sorry for everyone else, but I never thought I'd ever say this. "It's probably best for me that it's off".

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sorry to say this but...

On a previous post I mentioned that Ive had some problems this year. It has been the fact I have suffered with panic attacks. I started with them last August as a 1 off & they then resurfaced over the winter becoming pretty frequent. However since March I hadn't had 1... but today for the first time in 15 weeks I had 1 & it was a bad 1.

It was brought on by the heat. I was stood in the Tesco Express queue for 5 mins, sun beating down & it happened. I'd only been out for 5 mins & I couldn't cope. Sadly & I do mean sadly, it's probably best for me the festival isn't on this year.

There is a fear now that I cant cope with a festival, especially a hot one, but not just that, there is a fear that I cant cope full stop. Hopefully this will pass, there is still a year left yet - but I feel pretty down tonight. As if there has been a massive step backwards. I thought I'd cracked it, but clearly not.

Hopefully everyone's Virtual Glastonbury is enjoyable, and I am sorry for everyone else, but I never thought I'd ever say this. "It's probably best for me that it's off".

I'm so sorry to hear you're having a hard time. Panic attacks are really awful and they take such a long time to get over. 

I'm sure you probably have done, but have you spoken to a doctor about it? I got some tablets recently to help with the palpitations.

Take care of yourself. Lots of love your way 

26 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sorry to say this but...

Sorry to hear that Fuzz. I know you struggled with the heat last year. We all did to a certain extent, but it was clear it was really giving you a hard time.

The good news is, that it really was a hard year weather wise and when we get a "normal" year like 2014 or 2008 or 2009 or even most of 2017 (forget the Wednesday!), you're going to be fine. All of us who have been at it for a while have wobbles and question whether we can still do it. I know I have. But I always end up regrouping and adapting and realise that I can keep going and enjoying it. And you will too.

And next year, it won't be 30 degrees on the queue. I'll buy you a pint at the next meet.

43 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sorry to say this but...

I've been pleased it wasnt on...

Really sorry to hear that Fuzzy.

Tbh I think I would have struggled this year. The last two for me were difficult to say the least. The heat and the carrying stuff and the distance and the queue to get in these days :o.

I was determined to get fit for this year, but I guess I let that slide with the cancellation and the stay indoors stuff (looking for excuses I know).

So, to add to the advice of @stuartbert two hats& @WellybootI'm going to suggest exercising. I'm a right hypocrite as I've just been sat on my arse for months but my experience was it's true what they say about the benefits it has on mental health.

Hope you stay safe and well.

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

This. I thought it would be quite nice, I mean it was never going to be the same, but i didn't expect it to make me feel so rubbish. 

Neither did I and it’s been exacerbated by Mrs Blutarsky being pregnant so I’ve had no-one to drink with, party with, share music with etc, I just feel on my own, flat and boring. Had 3 mates over for garden drinks tonight which was really ice but as soon as they left, I just felt tearful and fed up again. 

She is fucked off with me as I’ve been focused on trying to organise a good time for Glastonbury weekend rather than concentrating  on baby prep stuff. 

it’s just a reminder of how good life CAN be, while simultaneously reminding you it’s shit right now. 

I spent the whole afternoon feeling tearful with nothing to pinpoint as the cause. Mad isn’t it. 

Just now, blutarsky said:

Neither did I and it’s been exacerbated by Mrs Blutarsky being pregnant so I’ve had no-one to drink with, party with, share music with etc, I just feel on my own, flat and boring. Had 3 mates over for garden drinks tonight which was really ice but as soon as they left, I just felt tearful and fed up again. 

She is fucked off with me as I’ve been focused on trying to organise a good time for Glastonbury weekend rather than concentrating  on baby prep stuff. 

it’s just a reminder of how good life CAN be, while simultaneously reminding you it’s shit right now. 

I spent the whole afternoon feeling tearful with nothing to pinpoint as the cause. Mad isn’t it. 

join us on Sunday if you fancy it and are free ... we haven't set up a meet time as yet .... but @Wellyboot is guarunteed to make you laugh :) keep an eye on that thread 

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Liverpool being crowned Champions when Glastonbury should’ve been on is very poetic. 30 years is over. 

It is poetic indeed - A few months ago I thought 2 of my dreams were coming true this summer - actually going to Glastonbury and Liverpool winning the Premier league all in the one year.  As it happens it all feels very strange to be watching a Sky sports special on Liverpool winning after watching The Cure from last year, when I really should be on the farm waiting on the music to start tomorrow.

Really odd feeling - happy and sad at the same time 🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

It is poetic indeed - A few months ago I thought 2 of my dreams were coming true this summer - actually going to Glastonbury and Liverpool winning the Premier league all in the one year.  As it happens it all feels very strange to be watching a Sky sports special on Liverpool winning after watching The Cure from last year, when I really should be on the farm waiting on the music to start tomorrow.

Really odd feeling - happy and sad at the same time 🤔

Excellently said. 

Watched some of the coverage earlier. Great to see the site looking beautiful. Really cool to see the sets I was at on TV (I've never watched them when I've got home or anything like that). 

Gutting not to be there. Can't quite believe how bothered I am. Now very worried that I won't get tickets next year! 

But been very well over all this so that's good. 

It's almost Friday. After work tomorrow will come home and watch a few more sets with a beer in the garden. Most excellent. 

Peace and love (and goodnight!) to all. 

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sorry to say this but...

Sorry to hear this. Know how awful panic attacks are. I really hope you try and get some help. 
Charm x

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sorry to say this but...

Oh Fuzz, I'm sorry. It was nice to see you back on here the other day so genuinely sad to hear you are having a rough time. The heat can be a proper fucker in an all consuming kind of way....sometimes it feels like you can't escape from it. Perhaps it's that feeling rather than the heat itself...? Sometimes it worth exploring this kind of stuff with a (NHS funded) counsellor of some kind if you dont feel you can chat to your mates (or to need additional support), but you know it goes without saying that there's a community here whenever you need it.

I do think the heat today and yesterday would have been better than last year. I also struggled a lot on that Saturday, but was thinking earlier that today I could just have been lounging under the trees in strummerville with my mates, without the feeling of missing anything. It would have been a different feeling I think. 

I hope your weekend perks up. Big hugs x

2 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

This. I thought it would be quite nice, I mean it was never going to be the same, but i didn't expect it to make me feel so rubbish. 

I feel the same, I have watched maybe 30mins max of the iplayer and haven't had heard more than 20mins of the radio. Its just making me really sad.

I've been saying to my fella "oh we'll have to do Glastonbury at home" "it will be cute" "we have to make the most of it"  but really all that's happened is I feel really fed up and then feel worse because I feel like i should be enjoying it even tho am proper not. 

Yeah that's how I feel. Sorry to hear you're having the same problem, although it does help to know I'm not alone in that.