How do you feel?

Matt42

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I don't feel guilty for missing the festival. A member of my team died due to COVID. As his manager, I have been speaking to his family.

I have been having regular conversations with them. They asked me how I was & if I had any plans etc. I said my "holiday was cancelled", but felt guilty for feeling sorry about it. Quick as a flash she said "Don't feel guilty, more than 1 thing can be true at the same time. You feel sorrow for us & miss your trip - I am sorry for you too". It stuck with me.

So missing the festival shouldn't make you feel guilty in any way. Today's the day to really miss it.

That's from a family member directly affected.

Thankyou. That helps massively.  It's suddenly very dusty in here 😥

• Like 1

Feel good actually. I have Wed, Thu and Sat off work (it just worked out that way), only an early shift on Fri and then onto nights on Sun - so I will have to leave the site early so to speak, but can stay up Saturday night.

Am embracing the Glastonbury at Home experience. I have connected up laptop, TV and speakers, decorated the living room (Tiny Tea Tent vibe) and just been to town food shopping. Bought pot noodles and ravioli to keep it in style.

Can't get BBC TV here which is why I did up a list of full sets that can be watched on YouTube (see 'Fullsetters' thread on here). BBC Sounds does work abroad though, so right now I am listening to a chill mix from Shangri-La, drinking coffee and deciding where to start with my Glastonbury binge. 

To everyone doing Glastonbury at home - have fun!

9 hours ago, kalifire said:

I wish we knew it will be - that would make this much easier.

No, I'm not convinced at all.  Look past all the BoJo bluster and bollocks and you remember Whitty stating he did not believe a vaccine would be found for at least one calendar year and measures would have remain in place until that happened. 

Whilst it's great to be optimistic and keep hope alive we also need to be at some level prepared for another either cancellation or delay next year. If it goes ahead, so much the better, but don't get so dependent on next year that you might not be able to cope.

24 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

The only good thing about this week is that once we get to Monday, normal service resumes and it’s a ‘normal’ wait until we’re back.

God, it’s gonna be like walking through the pearly gates (even more so than usual) next June. 

Exactly. If you have tickets then you’ll be better than normally. 

1 minute ago, Copperface said:

No, I'm not convinced at all.  Look past all the BoJo bluster and bollocks and you remember Whitty stating he did not believe a vaccine would be found for at least one calendar year and measures would have remain in place until that happened. 

Whilst it's great to be optimistic and keep hope alive we also need to be at some level prepared for another either cancellation or delay next year. If it goes ahead, so much the better, but don't get so dependent on next year that you might not be able to cope.

:( I feel like this.  Expect the worst, hope for the best. 

• Like 1

Had a message from our CEO today asking if I was free later for a call from them 'with updates'.

Told them I was and they've just messaged saying it will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Probably an extension of our 4 day working week or something but can't help but worry it is worse news than that...!

36 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Would have done Mik at the Green Futures bandstand by now and be getting my shit together to crawl over to the Efests meet...

Saw Mik for the first time around this time last year. Very good he was!

3 hours ago, northernringo said:

Had a message from our CEO today asking if I was free later for a call from them 'with updates'.

Told them I was and they've just messaged saying it will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Probably an extension of our 4 day working week or something but can't help but worry it is worse news than that...!

I would be worrying too, I hate that type of thing. 'Oh I need to talk to you about something later on'. Just talk to me now dammit. 

I hope the news is good mate.

Its affected me more than I expected today. This whole time since around January I've been very much "none of this stuff matters, people are dying" but I'm gutted today. I probably wasnt actually going to Glastonbury anyway as there would've been such little chance in the resale but its hit home today that a) none of that sort of thing is happening this year and b) if they happen next year it is highly likely we (as a collective) do such events in spite of the virus and in full knowledge of the potential consequences. Unless there is a miracle like MERS and original SARS.

Thatchers has been consumed in much higher quantities than I was hoping for tonight! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Cant believe it. Apparently Small World had an event on site tonight in their usual place in Green Futures:

"We are going to Glastonbury but in a scaled down form. Live music from the Green Futures Field will be on Wednesday only and we are hosting the show from 10.30 to midnight."

10.30 - The Undercover Hippy (solo)
11.00 - 3 Daft Monkeys
11.30 - The Little Unsaid"

Was feeling really shite Tues and Weds. 
Now BBC iPlayer is on I'm feeling the vibe already from the crowd scenes and it's only the first act (Nick Cave and I'm not even a fan)!

Regaining my focus already. 4 days of this non-stop and I know it'll be fine then I can start looking to ticket day again with the usual trepidation.

Now have the urge to pop over to the Co-op and bag some Thatchers. 10:15 isn't too early is it? Of course not now I'm in Glasto mode!!

Edited by Gilb
bbc

5 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

The thought of it and build up is worse than actually doing it! 

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

Let us know how you get on! 

thanks guys ... I will ... :) sure ill be fine .... cider last night hasn't helped settle the stomach :) 

I'm miserable. I've been miserable for weeks, but with it being the 'week of' and the glorious weather I'm even more miserable today. I should be sitting in a Somerset field drinking cider right now.

And I wouldn't have even been going this year anyway (I was meant to be going to a wedding this weekend which was obviously cancelled).

I miss it so much. The thought of not getting tickets in the (re)sale makes me a bit nauseous.