How do you feel?

Matt42

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm going to try for coach too, I wouldn't usually as I can have issues with work but it's another bite of the cherry. Fingers crossed for you. 

Like you, it feels a long way away...! And hard to stay positive but stick you head in the resale thread, we are attempting to keep each other going. 

Take care.

Thank you, you too :)

43 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Thanks guys - we're going to take our own mugs and cutlery 😂

I have a few friends that will need resale help in October, but I think we've a big enough gang already to have them sorted. I'll be helping out here when resale time comes around (I can't promise anything - I've never successfully secured a Glasto ticket for myself). This place has been such a sanctuary in these crazy few months. 

We're taking mugs to visit my partner's parents on Friday too! 

Decided to look on the brightside I get to spend the weekend with the kids who are too little to come there will be a time they won't be excited to be with me. 

Mate has given me a projector and tent is ready for Friday night in the garden solar lights sorted just snacks and cider to sort. 

It's crap situation but at least site keeps the community going thanks Neil 

I've got the "night before the festival" feeling even though it's not on.

This is nothing like a normal fallow. A normal fallow is like when an old person dies, sad, but not tragic, like it's the natural order of things. But this is like a young person dying, it's just wrong that the festival isn't on.

This is deeply weird, with all the livestreams and TV coverage. The date isn't just slipping by unannounced, that's for certain.

Feeling gutted - I didn't get a ticket in the main sale, I was all hyped for an April resale attempt...

I got Furloughed for 14 weeks - started back work last Monday and it's been a total shit-storm and not having a ticket, it not being on and the constant stream of "this is what you could have enjoyed" on Twitter and the BBC is just making it worse..

After most of the site I work at being mothballed for a couple of months we've had a constant stream of knackered kit to fix. I've been on site 4 times already and it's horrible, the entire place is a maze of one-way systems and hand-sanitising points, only one desk per bank is usable and that has to be sanitised before and after you use it. You have to wear face masks & visors to work in the datacentres and have to wash your hands before and after entering them. 

We've already had an indecent in one of the computer rooms and H&S had a fit as we had more that 2 people in there and ignored the one-way system (as you couldn't actually get into it by following it) but it was either that or the website was going down...

I so want to be sat in a queue with a tent and a big bag full of beer listening to the thump of bass in the distance.

If this is the future - f**k knows how they'll get gigs let alone festivals back up and running. 

Edited by Penrhos

Most of my Glasto sadness was back on the day it was cancelled. Given everything that's gone on since, I've been looking forward to a week off work, boozing, watching lots of footage, and maybe putting the tent up.

But this evening I sat in the garden, watching the sunset with a beer, and got a massive lump in the throat, knowing we should all be doing the same, but up on the hill above the park.

Gonna have to be an early cider tomorrow, I reckon!

Havent missed one since I first went in '94. And tho its not on, it still feels like ive missed it somehow. Cant think of anything save maybe the council reviews each year around the turn of the century where there was ever a real feeling that it might just get cancelled, but this thing really has just killed it stone dead hasnt it. Shit year.

I am feeling ok, sad and a bit weird. Normally right now I would be having trouble getting to sleep due to those pre Glastonbury travel nerves. But instead I feel calm and relaxed. I will absolutely miss not having a Glastonbury experience over the next five days. But I am looking forward to all the stuff on the BBC. I have festival foods and booze and will be making the best of the situation. 

3 hours ago, Gregfc15 said:

Had a bit of a meltdown on Sunday, but doing ok so far.

The fact that we are now under 1 year till 2021 is definitely helping.

I don’t mean this sound to callous to people that don’t have a ticket but come Monday we'll be in a better position that we would have been. I think that’s the only thing I’m clinging onto, we are going to next years festival and wouldn’t have that normally. 

I’m really sorry to those that don’t and I’ll happily help in anyway I can get tickets, I’ve offered help to ZooMusicGirl already. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think that’s the only thing I’m clinging onto, we are going to next years festival and wouldn’t have that normally

It certainly does soften the blow ever so slightly.

I've probably overstated meltdown. By Meltdown i meant i got drunk and sat in my loungeroom when i should have been going to bed for work, pumping out Taylor Swift, Kung fu Kenny and all the people i wanted to see. To be honest, i don't think i even watched any youtube videos so it can't have been too bad.

Edited by Gregfc15
spelling

1 minute ago, Gregfc15 said:

It certainly does soften the blow ever so slightly.

I've probably overstated meltdown. By Meltdown i meant i got drunk and sat in my loungeroom when i should have been going to bed for work, pumping out Taylor Swift, Kung fu Kenny and all the people i wanted to see. To be honest, i don't think i even watched any youtube videoes so it can't have been too bad.

There’s certainly worse things to be doing. I’m not sure I’m going to watch any of the virtual stuff online, I might try and avoid it as a way of coping.