How do you feel?

Matt42

18 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Thanks guys! It was great seeing them all again. The 2 year old was a bit shy for a few seconds then straight into showing his (MANY) new toys! For a brief little while being with them I even forgot about everything too, which was lovely.

I'm so happy for you  :)

• Like 1

Positive thoughts to all who are struggling this week.  Share what you are feeling on here - there's loads of support and a whole lot of us are going to have downers of one form or another in the coming days.

Have one of my few days in work today (usually would be working from home), and can't help but keep thinking how I should have my bags packed ready to walk out at the end of today and load the car ready for my trip tomorrow.

Going to be camping in the garden with my family this weekend, including Glast going kids, and spent the weekend building our ribbon tower and sign!  

Keep telling myself I'm not missing anything, it isn't happening/just a fallow year, and am lucky to have tickets for the next one (will be helping the ticketless in the resale).  

Remembers - we will soon (tomorrow?) be on the annual countdown to the next one.

Love to all x

Today I'm feeling a bit fed up. I should be doing my last bits of packing and loading up the car ready for tomorrows drive down. After the fallow in 18 and missing out on tickets last year I really really needed it this year and obvz it got cancelled. But with all the lockdown business I didn't really think too much about Glastonbury.. but it's really starting to set in now that its ANOTHER year :( 

2020 can fuck right off!!!

Hope you're all doing ok x 

2 hours ago, Northtim said:

Remembers - we will soon (tomorrow?) be on the annual countdown to the next one.

Gates open a year tomorrow, so anyone that goes for the Campervan fields when they open or joins the queue overnight it's a year today.  Six of us will be staying in a nearby Inn on the Tuesday night, so my one year to go has officially started.   The days will start dropping away, and no October stress for us lucky enough to have tickets confirmed.

My moods seem to be swinging between real highs and lows thinking about what could have been this year, and what hopefully will be next.  Sending love to all the efestivals crowd this week.

Edited by Greenelk

First time back here in a few months.  With everything going on, I didn't really need the added heartbreak of being reminded of Glastonbury not happening, especially with the weather reports being pretty much perfect.

Though one of my friends was hospitalised with suspected sepsis over the weekend, he's currently stable but on morphine and fluids.  I can't help but feel if Glastonbury was still going ahead, he would discharge himself and still go. He probably wouldn't tell his girlfriend either and bribe the nurses to maintain the ruse. 

So I guess it's a good thing its not on this year? he already has respiratory issues so I would have spent the entire weekend stressing about his health.

Looking on the positive side, we are now 52 weeks away from the gates opening, I've saved a fair few pounds from not going on holiday/glasto and at least not doing any exercise the last 12 weeks won't be my downfall (this year!).

Hope you are all doing well! 

11 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Gates open a year tomorrow, so anyone that goes for the Campervan fields when they open or joins the queue overnight it's a year today.  Six of us will be staying in a nearby Inn on the Tuesday night, so my one year to go has officially started.   The days will start dropping away, and no October stress for us lucky enough to have tickets confirmed.

My moods seem to be swinging between real highs and lows thinking about what could have been this year, and what hopefully will be next.  Sending love to all the efestivals crowd this week.

Literally the only saving grace to come out of this mess 🤣

"no October stress for us lucky enough to have tickets confirmed."

Can't be stressed enough what a bonus that is and good the festival decided to honor the existing bookings. Hoping I might still be able to go to the Bearded re-schedule in Sept, but not overly optimistic tbh...

Virtual hugs to anyone feeling deflated this week. I hadn't been on here for a while til recently, lockdown had properly taken its toll on me as it has with most people. When your job relies on gigs and festivals it's not hard to feel pessimistic about the future but trying to keep my positive hat on.

I'd had my annual leave in since ticket day so couldn't take it back. So since there's not much else to do and Glasto being my birthday week, I'll be making the most of the weather in the garden. 

Raising a cider to you all 🍻

Well, I should have been on the train to BTM today and then bus to Glastonbury for an all dayer and a walk up the Tor before heading to site early Tuesday.

I have been at Salford Royal this morning with my Mum. Diagnosis of non Hodgkin's Lymphoma for her with intense chemotherapy starting Monday.  Level ten shite news.

What a piggin year this has become..

1 minute ago, Jay Pee said:

Well, I should have been on the train to BTM today and then bus to Glastonbury for an all dayer and a walk up the Tor before heading to site early Tuesday.

I have been at Salford Royal this morning with my Mum. Diagnosis of non Hodgkin's Lymphoma for her with intense chemotherapy starting Monday.  Level ten shite news.

Really sorry to hear that, hope the treatment goes well she gets better soon.

1 minute ago, Jay Pee said:

Lots of love to you and your mum x

I agree, this year is a shitter :( 

12 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Lots of love to you and your mum x

I'm still getting on it. Thursday onwards. Setting up the projector in the garden and the bell tent.

May hang around the road outside the house for a bit chatting to randoms and sharing hip flask / pipe..

Need to keep focused..

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I wish I had some fudge to offer all the sad people ... 

Is that angry bloke about who goes off on one in here barking at people and then placates them with home made fudge?

I could do with some Azores Finger TBH.

21 hours ago, Greenelk said:

Mood on the way down about next year due to talk of delaying 2021 A-level exams which will scupper our chances of going as youngest child will be affected.  Don't really feel we can leave him alone in the house revising whilst we go and enjoy ourselves!

Trying to stay neutral about it but....

Edited by cheakypeak

I don't know if anyone else has felt like this, but it feels reversed: the post festival blues have come before the week, and the festival excitement is going to come straight after as the countdown to 2021 begins.

I am going to be making the most of this weekend, but I am really looking forward to the start of the next rumour/tickets/weather etc. cycle. 

4 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I don't know if anyone else has felt like this, but it feels reversed: the post festival blues have come before the week, and the festival excitement is going to come straight after as the countdown to 2021 begins.

I am going to be making the most of this weekend, but I am really looking forward to the start of the next rumour/tickets/weather etc. cycle. 

Yes!! I feel the same! I'm going to try to make the best of it, cos really that's all we can do! But I do feel down, especially today its really hit me.. sort of just wanna get this week out of the way and then we can start looking forward to next year :) 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Definitely! I'm feeling very blue about not going to the festival this week, and being there... but I don't see that sadness lingering once Sunday is over. By then it will feel more definitive; the time has passed, Glastonbury didn't happen, that's the worst of it. 

360 days won't seem too long at that point, considering this 'wait' started when Glasto 2020 was officially cancelled.... 97 days ago 😮

Edited by WestCountryGirl
  • Upvote 1

This year would have been my 8th since 2009, it would have been nieces 1st and i was more looking forward to spending it with them and my brother again. There would have been a healthy group of 7 of us. We've all kept our deposits, obviously, so it'll now be 2021. But right now i am home furloughed during a week when i could have been at the best place on earth. Right now i am feeling down. I will immerse myself in everything the BBC has to offer this week BUT it will not be the same which is an obvious statement to make. The escapism of the whole 5 days is what i am going to miss the most, but alas we all have to exist in the realism that is 2020, which pisses me off immensely.