How do you feel?

Matt42

31 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I completely get all of that. In a way I feel a lot of people would think that we're being silly to still be following the rules but we also just don't want to take any undue risks. My boyfriend and I have seen a few friends and his family out and about which has been nice, but I'll admit we've kind of given up on keeping "a distance" from people when we're walking with them and outside. 

My family have all agreed basically that we just have to do our own risk assessment, and we're all pretty sure that we'll be together at the end of July, with as much isolating from others before then as is possible. 

One thing that did give me some hope was that I saw a video of my cousin on her 40th birthday the other day, being greeted by a convoy of friends driving down her road. It just reminded me that a lot of people are still observing the rules, and things are not 'back to normal' for everyone, yet.

its good to see people on here observing things still ... I think despite all of the people out and about there are still many observing the rules as much as possible ....  and personal risk assessments very much in play .... im making a trip to my parents before returning to work next week as I deem that to be when im at  lowest risk to them 

42 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I completely get all of that. In a way I feel a lot of people would think that we're being silly to still be following the rules but we also just don't want to take any undue risks. My boyfriend and I have seen a few friends and his family out and about which has been nice, but I'll admit we've kind of given up on keeping "a distance" from people when we're walking with them and outside. 

My family have all agreed basically that we just have to do our own risk assessment, and we're all pretty sure that we'll be together at the end of July, with as much isolating from others before then as is possible. 

One thing that did give me some hope was that I saw a video of my cousin on her 40th birthday the other day, being greeted by a convoy of friends driving down her road. It just reminded me that a lot of people are still observing the rules, and things are not 'back to normal' for everyone, yet.

Definitely hard to be motivated to do it when you see so many not doing it! For now my girlfriend and I are still very much committed to it.

I see my neighbour regularly getting in to different friends' cars each day and heading out for the day though. Her mum (a care assistant) has been having her new boyfriend round and in her house throughout this entire lockdown too).

Today quite honestly I’m shitting it ... work have started ringing around giving us 7 days notice of return to work ... not had my call as I’m on holiday next week ... but means it’s likely I return on tue week ... although somehow they need to do a risk assessment meeting with me before that while I’m on holiday ?! I guess it’s all happened because of the alert level change so the vulnerable are all of a sudden less so ... fuck :( 

51 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Today quite honestly I’m shitting it ... work have started ringing around giving us 7 days notice of return to work ... not had my call as I’m on holiday next week ... but means it’s likely I return on tue week ... although somehow they need to do a risk assessment meeting with me before that while I’m on holiday ?! I guess it’s all happened because of the alert level change so the vulnerable are all of a sudden less so ... fuck :( 

That sucks. That's how I felt a couple of weeks ago with the yes, no, yes, no... You get in a certain frame of mind and then the goalposts move.

Not sure if you saw this (apologies for the source). I feel confident they'll move the goalposts again pre 31st July:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8428197/Shielding-programme-2million-Britons-risk-coronavirus-stop-end-July.html

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

That sucks. That's how I felt a couple of weeks ago with the yes, no, yes, no... You get in a certain frame of mind and then the goalposts move.

Not sure if you saw this (apologies for the source). I feel confident they'll move the goalposts again pre 31st July:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8428197/Shielding-programme-2million-Britons-risk-coronavirus-stop-end-July.html

I just fit the vulnerable category ... so I know really thats it for me and the acceptance I need to start a return phase mentally ... so next week Im going to start doing some stuff whilst distancing and then be as ready as I can to be let loose to the world and the ignorant .... hopefully my risk assessment will keep me away from customers as much as possible and will provide me with a safe working environment as much as is possible ...but im going to have to make some assessments myself as I dont entirely trust them to do it on my behalf !!

3 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Crazyfool1 I’m pretty sure you can ask for an occupational health assessment Through HR before going back so tht you have some medical input to reassure you! 

i think we get one of those if we get a particular score on our risk assessment that we have to fill in,  that we will be sent prior to our meeting with our manager .... thats how I currently understand it at present ... its all new though ... so just trying to work things out 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I just fit the vulnerable category ... so I know really thats it for me and the acceptance I need to start a return phase mentally ... so next week Im going to start doing some stuff whilst distancing and then be as ready as I can to be let loose to the world and the ignorant .... hopefully my risk assessment will keep me away from customers as much as possible and will provide me with a safe working environment as much as is possible ...but im going to have to make some assessments myself as I dont entirely trust them to do it on my behalf !!

I also don't fit "extremely vulnerable". Not even "vulnerable". Pretty sure I'm just "at risk". The goalposts have moved so much through all of this I've gone from expecting a letter from the NHS to feeling like I'm possibly a bit of a skiver.

I would speak to your GP and see what they think about your condition and situation. Saying that, I hope they'll be better than the one I spoke to who only spoke in broad generalisations. Like dude, you're the expert, not me, not my employers. I want you to tell me if you think I'll be safe returning to work or not. I'm sure even GPs are confused by this lots advice and don't know how to play it. So how are the rest of us supposed to feel confident?.

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

i think we get one of those if we get a particular score on our risk assessment that we have to fill in,  that we will be sent prior to our meeting with our manager .... thats how I currently understand it at present ... its all new though ... so just trying to work things out 

You Maybe able to request one as part of an assessment if how your  diabetes Impact on your work despite covid!!! It may also depend on what your job role is also and how considerate your employers are! Its all very confusing as it’s new to everyone and I’m not sure anyone really knows what they are doing! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

You Maybe able to request one as part of an assessment if how your  diabetes Impact on your work despite covid!!! It may also depend on what your job role is also and how considerate your employers are! Its all very confusing as it’s new to everyone and I’m not sure anyone really knows what they are doing! 

thanks very much for the advice ... I will see what they say about my meeting next week ... will show them some flexibility and show willing to have my meeting with them during my holiday I think .... they have been good as a company so will show appreciation in return ... although ive been a bit frustrated about communication at times its a situation where we are all learning and trying to adapt 

On 6/15/2020 at 10:47 PM, efcfanwirral said:

They do - I had the same a few years back and it changes pretty quickly without the triggers! One thing I found helped was not having tooo much about on display that could trigger those memories. I had to get rid of a Glastonbury canvas print for that reason. 

Yeah I've had to say goodbye to a top I used to wear a lot when we went out places. Just can't look at it without the memories attached.

So I had the old flat cleaned and handed keys back to the real estate agents yesterday. That effectively closes the chapter. There's now nothing more for us to do than wait for our deposit to come back. She moved to her new place on Wednesday, and I've had quite a slow week, trying to adjust and work towards finding my feet again.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Thanks guys! It was great seeing them all again. The 2 year old was a bit shy for a few seconds then straight into showing his (MANY) new toys! For a brief little while being with them I even forgot about everything too, which was lovely.

That's lovely. Hoping to see my nephews next weekend too,  been doing them regular quizzes on zoom but it's  not the same. I can't wait   

11 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

That's lovely. Hoping to see my nephews next weekend too,  been doing them regular quizzes on zoom but it's  not the same. I can't wait   

I hope you are able to. You are right it's on the same on video chats.

I thought I would be more anxious after about either catching the virus or passing it on but it's OK actually.

On 6/13/2020 at 3:18 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

I'm not sure if you are saying the Lorde and Villanelle look the same or if you are secretly trying to tell me that you have insider information that Lorde is, in real life, a psychopathic assassin. Any clarification that you can provide on this the better. It could well determine whether I choose to go to a Lorde concert or not in the future! 

Hope that you are happy and well.:)

Happy and Well thank you.

I think it is just that their eyes are quite wide apart.

One jumps at such minor revelations when a bit drunk.

Bamber

x.