How do you feel?

Matt42

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I say that because your claim is, to me, far too broad sweeping, and actually erring on being racist in itself. What are you basing your view on ie. what stats etc are you using? Surely this kind of data is not available at this moment in time? . 

• Upvote 1

Am I going back in time?

It's possible, just possible that I may have won the ' Lost their marbles' Award for June already. I certainly hope so, as it would be an honour, and I mean that, to wear that sash across my body, while sporting a ladies tight fitting swim suit. Well, it'll be tight fitting on me in any case. I might insert some triangular jean wedges within the costume, to make it more pleasing on the eye - as well as to ease the pain a little. 

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes I know that there were examples of white people looting, as you had previously indicated this. However, are you saying that there were no black people who also looted? 

I don’t think you understand my point

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think you understand my point

STOP PRESS. STOP PRESS.

The penny has dropped - or at least I think it has. If I'm right then I can confirm that I would agree with your original post that I had my doubts on. Yes it is disappointing that there were white people using the protest to loot etc. I'm sure that black people are as equally ashamed of the black people who looted. 

The thing is, the people who looted have a completely different agenda to that of achieving equality and the harmony that most of us are all yearning for. That should be recognised by that majority, and treated as the side show it is. 

If I may, I'd like to tell you a true story. Those who need to scroll on, please do so now. Right, for those who have held on, I'll press on. My dad used to be a Foreman at the Longbridge car factory in Birmingham. One day a black bloke came in to his night shift completely inebriated while my dad was foreman. My dad immediately said that he should be put in to the bed in the sick bay, covered up and left to sleep the night there. In the meantime everybody would do that little bit extra that night to cover the man's work, so that he wouldn't get caught out, would still get paid his wages for that night. 

And that's how it transpired. The man got up in the morning, went home (possibly got pissed up all over again) etc, and nothing was ever said about it.

The came a moment in time when the IRA blew up the Mulberry Bush and the Tavern in the Town in Birmingham. Now, this affected the Irish community greatly. My folks were now regarded as being directly associated with the bombers. I could tell you numerous tales of the violent threats and blinkered prejudice, but will spare you. 

Anyway, not long after that scandalous night, when the psychopaths came out to play, that my dad had to go in to the car factory to start his block of night shifts for the week. Just going to cut the story as much as I can now so as not to ramble. What happened then is;

My dad starts work. Not long after a rabble of men descend on my dad's line (long manufacturing machine, not far off a mile long, in this instance). They had just broken the arms and legs of an Irishman a few lines up from my dad, and were now on the hunt for my dad. Then they shouted there he is and they headed towards him as a mob. Then, a black bloke who never spoke to hardly ever spoke (according to my dad) stood in the path between the mob and my dad, and said 'If you want Vince, then you are going to have to come through me first'. Now it also transpires that this black bloke was built like a shit house, and had a heavy duty spanner in each of his hands. Guess what? The mob fucked off. My dad reckons it was pay back for his help with the drunken black bloke who came on duty on his shift, as previously detailed. 

There's no place for racism or any other prejudice. I don't know an awful lot academically, but I do know that that is the desired goal of the majority. I know this, because I conducted a straw pole of one, who, for convenience, happened to be me. 

• Upvote 2

We are all a product of our own environment, to a degree. We are also, in my opinion, also guilty of helping to maintain the world that we live in, knowing full well that it's unfit for purpose. It is in no way equitable, yet we have nearly all acquiesced for some reason or other - be it for cash, power, complacent stupidity etc etc. 

However, there are those who have not accepted this status quo, and never will. I can't help but feel that it is now time to go and swell their numbers.

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

We are all a product of our own environment, to a degree. We are also, in my opinion, also guilty of helping to maintain the world that we live in, knowing full well that it's unfit for purpose. It is in no way equitable, yet we have nearly all acquiesced for some reason or other - be it for cash, power, complacent stupidity etc etc. 

However, there are those who have not accepted this status quo, and never will. I can't help but feel that it is now time to go and swell their numbers.

There are far too many nuances nowadays. The Internet is poison.

My friends all believe in Deep state, 5G, evil Bill Gates, Wuhan lab etc. etc, I don't buy any of that shit. I'm not on Facebook.

I still love my friends, and I'm pretty sure they still love me.

Amerykah is exploding,.

Poor, hungry people in lock-down go looting shocker!

Be 20ft tall.

Edited by bamber

30 minutes ago, bamber said:

There are far too many nuances nowadays. The Internet is poison.

My friends all believe in Deep state, 5G, evil Bill Gates, Wuhan lab etc. etc, I don't buy any of that shit. I'm not on Facebook.

I still love my friends, and I'm pretty sure they still love me.

Amerykah is exploding,.

Poor, hungry people in lock-down go looting shocker!

Be 20ft tall.

Hello bamber,

I'm afraid that I don't know an enormous amount about the internet really. I can use this site, a few news sites, and also (back in the day) book a Ryanair flight. Obviously I'm exaggerating / being slightly self deprecatory there a little. That said, I don't really know if the internet is evil or not. Surely it can and is both evil and possibly our saviour. I guess it's down to how people want to use it and interpret it's response to them.

I just tried to be 20 ft tall, but accidentally shot the mark. This happened instead;

With concentration

My size increased

And now I'm fourteen stories high (At least)

Empire State human

Just a bored kid.

I'll go to Egypt to be

The pyramids

I love my friends too, and know that they love me in return.

I guess that's a start.

I may have said this before, but is anyone else stuck in a loop of "This time last year..."?

"This time last year I would have been so excited"

"This time last year I was nervous about getting the NX coach down"

"This time last year I was planning all the equipment I was gonna pack"

I just can't seem to shift it. I didn't even yet get tickets for this year so I may not even have been going this year but I just keep thinking what if I don't get that feeling again. 

15 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I may have said this before, but is anyone else stuck in a loop of "This time last year..."?

"This time last year I would have been so excited"

"This time last year I was nervous about getting the NX coach down"

"This time last year I was planning all the equipment I was gonna pack"

I just can't seem to shift it. I didn't even yet get tickets for this year so I may not even have been going this year but I just keep thinking what if I don't get that feeling again. 

Yep!! You're not alone with that one!!

Tell you what as well, my snapchat memories / fbook memories are driving me crazy too!!

Its really sad to think a full year of your life is just nothing really innit :( 

• Upvote 1

Im pragmatic about everything including Glastonbury being cancelled.

I never pay for a ticket but the amount i end up blowing on drugs always makes it a very expensive weekend, even if it is very worth it.

By not going to Glastonbury and various other events over the summer, im going to save a packet on packet (if you what i mean!), so its not all bad news. 

If anything i think ill miss the cat and mouse game with security at festivals over the summer, as it always entertains me getting one over on them. 

I personally think it should have gone ahead and only admitted healthy people under the age of 40. As a result of the knee jerk reaction of cancelling, lots of festival staff are going to suffer this summer, although for many it may be the wake up call they need to think about getting a real job/profession, and not live in a van all summer. possibly for the best? 

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Smashed Heron said:

Im pragmatic about everything including Glastonbury being cancelled.

I never pay for a ticket but the amount i end up blowing on drugs always makes it a very expensive weekend, even if it is very worth it.

By not going to Glastonbury and various other events over the summer, im going to save a packet on packet (if you what i mean!), so its not all bad news. 

If anything i think ill miss the cat and mouse game with security at festivals over the summer, as it always entertains me getting one over on them. 

I personally think it should have gone ahead and only admitted healthy people under the age of 40. As a result of the knee jerk reaction of cancelling, lots of festival staff are going to suffer this summer, although for many it may be the wake up call they need to think about getting a real job/profession, and not live in a van all summer. possibly for the best? 

Nice one, Jim.

47 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Yep!! You're not alone with that one!!

Tell you what as well, my snapchat memories / fbook memories are driving me crazy too!!

Its really sad to think a full year of your life is just nothing really innit :( 

I dread all the social media memories as we get closer! Why does one festival have this affect on us?!

1 minute ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I dread all the social media memories as we get closer! Why does one festival have this affect on us?!

for me it’s a very grounding point of the year. I seem to get “recharged” whenever I go to glasto and I come back with a different view point on so many things.

Health concerns aside I really need something like Glasto right now.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I do know the answer, but I cant put it into words. I've tried!!

My fellas never been before, but it was going to be his first one this year. When I didn't get tickets last year I was gutted, and he couldn't understand why I was so bothered 'cos we can go to another festival' :rolleyes: .. Stupid boy :lol:

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

I do know the answer, but I cant put it into words. I've tried!!

My fellas never been before, but it was going to be his first one this year. When I didn't get tickets last year I was gutted, and he couldn't understand why I was so bothered 'cos we can go to another festival' :rolleyes: .. Stupid boy :lol:

U managed to get to see him yet ? how far away is he ?

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

U managed to get to see him yet ? how far away is he ?

Yep :) hes not too far, but not round the corner! About 45min.. bit inconvenient really :lol: I saw him for his birthday last week, took his pressys and that over and we sat in the garden for a bit, went for a walk and saw some ponies :) and then sat in the garden again. All at a distance, obvz which wasn't easy but I'd never forgive myself if he got poorly since I'm still going to work everyday, but I'm glad I did :) 

How are you doing? :) 

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

Yep :) hes not too far, but not round the corner! About 45min.. bit inconvenient really :lol: I saw him for his birthday last week, took his pressys and that over and we sat in the garden for a bit, went for a walk and saw some ponies :) and then sat in the garden again. All at a distance, obvz which wasn't easy but I'd never forgive myself if he got poorly since I'm still going to work everyday, but I'm glad I did :) 

How are you doing? :) 

ah thats good , I felt the same when visiting folks a few weeks back .... its hard when its people you love .... im starting to try and up my contacts with people a bit from a distance as its going to be tough when I return to work on the 15th so ive had a few friends round in the garden and am meeting my old boss and wife in the park tomorrow ...  I cant bring myself to visit the local post office as yet ... bonkers stuff .. something that id have done with no issues 12 weeks ago ... had a friend offer to do it but its something I need to overcome .... 

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ah thats good , I felt the same when visiting folks a few weeks back .... its hard when its people you love .... im starting to try and up my contacts with people a bit from a distance as its going to be tough when I return to work on the 15th so ive had a few friends round in the garden and am meeting my old boss and wife in the park tomorrow ...  I cant bring myself to visit the local post office as yet ... bonkers stuff .. something that id have done with no issues 12 weeks ago ... had a friend offer to do it but its something I need to overcome .... 

I know!! it's really quite daunting!! I was so excited to go and give him his presents and that, but then when it actually came it I was so scared!!

It's good you're starting to see people tho, as hard as it is, we will have to do it eventually so easing into it is a really good idea :) 

I know what you mean about the post office!! I need to put my prescription in at the drs and I'm dreading it really, but gunna have to be done! Cant do it over the phone cos am under 70 :( 

We'll get there tho :) x

On 6/2/2020 at 12:30 AM, WestCountryGirl said:

Today I feel completely zapped of energy. I am very affected by light waking me up, so that's been getting me up earlier and earlier the past few weeks which has probably contributed. 

I guess I haven't really given much thought either to the emotional toll of supporting a friend who has been going through quite a traumatic pregnancy and then loss of her baby. I've kept saying "oh, i've not done anything" when people say what a lot of support I've been giving her (and I really haven't, in the last few weeks) but today I can't really put my exhaustion down to anything else. I spent some time with her yesterday and she is doing as well as could be expected, really. I can't even imagine. I'd just be in a puddle on the floor. The baby's funeral is on Wednesday and whilst in a lot of cases that offers some form of closure, this is a very different form of grief and I know that my friend will still need a lot of support going forward.

I just can't wait for the weekend already. I think I might just sleep forever.

How're you doing now, @WestCountryGirl? It will have been a big week for you, being there for your friend despite being so exhausted. Friday today, so you're nearly at the weekend. I hope you're able to rest.