How do you feel?

Matt42

3 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Oh we did. Kind of wiped out yesterday.

Re: The singer(?) they changed the act and the venue last week. Fully expecting it to start up again tonight. It's not so much the singer as the "do as we like" attitude that riles me I think. See my first post on this page (11 in case it goes over)

If it were me, it'd be the constant "c'mon, now!!" angle of it that would do my head in. As if you're an automatic killjoy if you don't step outside your front door and butcher Wonderwall along with people who think that doing so is either having fun or offering solidarity.

3 hours ago, woyski said:

Hey guys - I haven't checked here since Glasto was cancelled, couldn't bloody face it. This week has been utter shite, silver lining is that this is the first time since I really felt this bad, but yeah, not enjoyed it. And with our Glasto-less June round the corner, I'm having a mega sulk.

You're not alone, efests is full of people feeling similar and there's plenty of helpful words around here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

If it were me, it'd be the constant "c'mon, now!!" angle of it that would do my head in. As if you're an automatic killjoy if you don't step outside your front door and butcher Wonderwall along with people who think that doing so is either having fun or offering solidarity.

Ha Ha. Yes. Did you watch the video then? It's like he has Tourettes and that is his tick. Thanks for your solidarity. I think the neighbours think I'm a killjoy c**t for pointing out that the whole town doesn't want it forced on them. Like we should suffer because they've got karaoke withdrawal. Sing in the bath or something (but then they wouldn't get the adulation they obviously crave).

Pretty sure I'll be going back to work this week. I'm really not up for it. I've got used to slothing around. Feeling extremely anxious.

And as I type they've started. I always hated Reach For The Stars.

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry to hijack the thread. I can generally be pretty grumpy but I've found myself in bad moods quite a lot being in lockdown, anyone else found that?

There’s no hijacking, threads are for everyone ... current situation just seems to heighten moods ... the world seems like it’s on top of us with little escape and pleasures at the moment ... I’ve been having discussions with friends that they shouldn’t be doing certain things and can’t seem to come to any conclusions about right or wrong at the moment ... heightened by the fact I’ve been 99% compliant . If this next spike doesn’t appear then maybe we can start looking forward a little ... fingers crossed 🤞 

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm finding myself getting wound up about things in the area around my flat, noise etc I guess being inside all the time it makes sense.

Yes totally normal things become big issues ... you are a long way from being the only one going through this ... I’m trying to get out of this thought process at the moment as I’m not sure I will be able to function at work in a few weeks 

11 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I'm finding myself getting wound up about things in the area around my flat, noise etc I guess being inside all the time it makes sense.

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yes totally normal things become big issues ... you are a long way from being the only one going through this ... I’m trying to get out of this thought process at the moment as I’m not sure I will be able to function at work in a few weeks 

I can completely relate to this. I've lived in small flats in London (some much smaller than this) for 20 years and never really been bothered by neighbour noise or activity. At the moment I pretty much get wound up by everything they do, particularly one set. Which is probably pretty unfair. But this whole situation certainly hasn't made me closer to my neighbours, quite the opposite! I think it's just feeling boxed in with no escape. Sometimes there's nowhere to go to avoid hearing the other people around you, which is just city life, but feels really intensified right now.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

I’m someone who usually is very on the pulse with politics at the moment but I’m finding watching the news and even engaging with social media pretty excruciating right now. The world feels pretty broken right now!

24 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Right? I opened the BBC News app yesterday, browsed through, and despaired.

18 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep ... I was in shock that there was other news on a level with the pandemic :( 

I’ve seen some pretty horrific videos from protests across the world and some that have actually sickened me. The worst was a group of riot police smiling as they were threatening people with guns.

its also awful that the protests have been hijacked by white people who want to just cause unnecessary destruction. I saw this incredibly powerful account where a black woman was begging white people not to loot because when white people do this black people get blamed.

The same time I feel no fucking confidence in our government what so ever and a huge loss of morale. It’s really hard to find a light at the moment. I guess the sun shining is one of the only positive things right now!

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve seen some pretty horrific videos from protests across the world and some that have actually sickened me. The worst was a group of riot police smiling as they were threatening people with guns.

its also awful that the protests have been hijacked by white people who want to just cause unnecessary destruction. I saw this incredibly powerful account where a black woman was begging white people not to loot because when white people do this black people get blamed.

The same time I feel no fucking confidence in our government what so ever and a huge loss of morale. It’s really hard to find a light at the moment. I guess the sun shining is one of the only positive things right now!

Hang in there hopefully we get some significant change from this ... I think trump will go as a minimum , and bolsanaro ... not sure about Boris as yet as that’s a distance away ... although with massive events come massive changes ... there will be some light eventually 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

its also awful that the protests have been hijacked by white people who want to just cause unnecessary destruction.

I must admit to two things here;

(1) That I haven't scrutinised this situation / watched loads of footage of the protests.

(2) That despite that, I feel uncomfortable about being able to nod my agreement with you, in any case ie. without having studied this in detail. I say that because your claim is, to me, far too broad sweeping, and actually erring on being racist in itself. What are you basing your view on ie. what stats etc are you using? Surely this kind of data is not available at this moment in time? 

In addition to the above I once met a bloke who was to all intents a rabid anarchist on a whole variety of causes. I don't think that I'd be too wrong if I said that he was just up for a rook, no matter what the cause - however, I recognise that that is just my opinion of him having talked to him. He indicated to me that many many different protest movements were very carefully organised. He said that at the protests he went to (across the globe) that there would be three distinct groups of protesters. these would be;

(1) The peaceful protesters, who would be given a certain geographical position within the protest march etc.

(2) The people who did not intend to commit violence, but if it kicked off and they thought that they could get away with it, they'd steam in.

(3) The people who's whole intention at that meeting, march etc was to definitely kick off.

Now, if we take your view in to account within this framework, you would be saying that both groups 2 and 3 would only be made up of white people. In my opinion, to say that is not exactly tenable. 

Even if a protest wasn't as organised as this person told me, can it really be claimed that those causing unnecessary destruction, looting etc in this case are limited to white people? I doubt that very much. 

It wasn’t until last week that I realised that the current ongoing situation was getting to me and how shit I was feeling . 10 weeks of working from home with not a peep from my manager to ask how I was doing how I was managing child care along side work etc. I just cracked on grateful that I’ve still got a job being paid In  full chipping away at the large amount of work that I know needs to be done to meet deadlines etc. I’d been putting  broken sleep and very early wake ups down the weather I realised I was drained completely and feeling pretty low and also really annoyed at myself for getting into the simple routine that lock down brought with it almost excepting the current new normal. 

To be gutted that the festival isn’t on this is pretty selfish I suppose but for the the last 25 years June has been a month I love. Glastonbury has always been my constant , through relationships going tits , lose of my father and other loved ones . My excitement builds quickly for those few days at the end of the month from organising myself. To being in supermarkets seeing other folk stock piling festival goods.Which always brings a smile. I hope that the back end of this year passes as quickly as the first 6 months.

To the OP that started this thread thanks for starting something that allows folk like me a place to tap away X

Edited by Yeo-vile idiot
Typo

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Hang in there hopefully we get some significant change from this ... I think trump will go as a minimum , and bolsanaro ... not sure about Boris as yet as that’s a distance away ... although with massive events come massive changes ... there will be some light eventually 

Johnson is just the frontman unfortunately, useful for his apparently hilarious 'look, I haven't brushed my hair' routine. Well known that Cummings has little respect for most politicians, so inclined to believe what I read recently: that Cummings just regards him as a useful idiot. The axis there is Cummings and Gove (though it goes way higher than those two too).

9 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

It wasn’t until last week that I realised that the current ongoing situation was getting to me and how shit I was feeling . 10 weeks of working from home with not a peep from my manager to ask how I was doing how I was managing child care along side work etc. I just cracked on grateful that I’ve still got a job being paid In  full chipping away at the large amount of work that I know needs to be done to meet deadlines etc. I’d been putting  broken sleep and very early wake ups down the weather I realised I was drained completely and feeling pretty low and also really annoyed at myself for getting into the simple routine that lock down brought with it almost excepting the current new normal. 

To be gutted that the festival isn’t on this is pretty selfish I suppose but for the the last 25 years June has been a month I love. Glastonbury has always been my constant , through relationships going tits , lose of my father and other loved ones . My excitement builds quickly for those few days at the end of the month from organising myself. To being in supermarkets seeing other folk stock piling festival goods.Which always brings a smile. I hope that the back end of this year passes as quickly as the first 6 months.

To the OP that started this thread thanks for starting something that allows folk like me a place to tap away X

Hope you feel better soon. If it's any consolation, everyone I know who is juggling childcare and work is finding it really tough. Will schools returning help out?

Re Glasto, hopefully more restrictions will lift soon and you can make some more plans to fill the void (such as booking a holiday). Be nice to have something to look forward to!

Today I feel completely zapped of energy. I am very affected by light waking me up, so that's been getting me up earlier and earlier the past few weeks which has probably contributed. 

I guess I haven't really given much thought either to the emotional toll of supporting a friend who has been going through quite a traumatic pregnancy and then loss of her baby. I've kept saying "oh, i've not done anything" when people say what a lot of support I've been giving her (and I really haven't, in the last few weeks) but today I can't really put my exhaustion down to anything else. I spent some time with her yesterday and she is doing as well as could be expected, really. I can't even imagine. I'd just be in a puddle on the floor. The baby's funeral is on Wednesday and whilst in a lot of cases that offers some form of closure, this is a very different form of grief and I know that my friend will still need a lot of support going forward.

I just can't wait for the weekend already. I think I might just sleep forever.

13 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Today I feel completely zapped of energy. I am very affected by light waking me up, so that's been getting me up earlier and earlier the past few weeks which has probably contributed. 

I guess I haven't really given much thought either to the emotional toll of supporting a friend who has been going through quite a traumatic pregnancy and then loss of her baby. I've kept saying "oh, i've not done anything" when people say what a lot of support I've been giving her (and I really haven't, in the last few weeks) but today I can't really put my exhaustion down to anything else. I spent some time with her yesterday and she is doing as well as could be expected, really. I can't even imagine. I'd just be in a puddle on the floor. The baby's funeral is on Wednesday and whilst in a lot of cases that offers some form of closure, this is a very different form of grief and I know that my friend will still need a lot of support going forward.

God that is horribly sad. Sorry to hear that x

23 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Big  virtual hugs to you and your friend. Supporting people can take an emotional toll on you. Make sure you give yourself some time to process everything as well. 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Hope you feel better soon. If it's any consolation, everyone I know who is juggling childcare and work is finding it really tough. Will schools returning help out?

Re Glasto, hopefully more restrictions will lift soon and you can make some more plans to fill the void (such as booking a holiday). Be nice to have something to look forward to!

Cheers Homer , 

Yes the little one is back to school tomorrow so it’ll be a lot easier to do the a days work and as soon as I think possible I’ll be booking a holiday and filling the spots where the  gigs , Pilton party etc were meant to be with something else. 

Sometimes what words you use don’t matter as much as just using some words ... and it sounds like you are there with those words ... times are tough but there will be an end ... we are just still all to discover it and that’s really the difficulty ... as ever strangers are there to offer help should you need someone to talk to yourself @WestCountryGirl 

56 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Sounds like you are doing an amazing job - you should be very proud of yourself.