How do you feel?

Matt42

4 hours ago, bamber said:

Happy and well. just about.

My brother's partner's dad and my maternal aunt are dead because of this. Brings it home.

Love this tune. Fucking wonderful!

Really sorry to hear that mate, absolutely horrible news. Thoughts are with you. 

All here if you need us, keep on posting; I love a good Bamber thread. Even if it’s Jessie J 😉

Just now, guypjfreak said:

Really feeling down today.. Worse I've felt.. So tbh.. 

Message me if you need too mate. 

I'm very much on a rollercoaster - I have to quarantine until June 30th which came out the blue, and the doctors suggested my youngest has to until 30th August - which in turns me I will.

Some days are hard to get motivated to do anything - and I'm absolutely hammered with work at the moment too - so if you need to bend an ear, do so! 

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm very much on a rollercoaster - I have to quarantine until June 30th which came out the blue, and the doctors suggested my youngest has to until 30th August - which in turns me I will.

Some days are hard to get motivated to do anything - and I'm absolutely hammered with work at the moment too - so if you need to bend an ear, do so! 

And u 

Vintagelaureate and guyjpfreak this whole thing effects people in different ways! Don’t give yourselves a hard time for having a bad day! We are allowed all sorts of days! There is something very reassuring about speaking to people you may have never met but have have similar thoughts and interest! Keep messaging and we will all keep each other going! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Could well happen to baby Eliza.. Saw here today and it's like she didn't recognise me.... Just pulled up old decking for new decking mon.. Morphine lol.. Cheers old son appreciate it.. Peace and vodka. G

I feel really bloody terrible (but thanks for asking) and I need to rant. Tl;dr at the end if I remember.

I hate to be a killjoy, but I think I've just been a killjoy.

We've had this wannabe social media star doing karaoke pretty much every Sunday in our street (and on VE day for good luck) since lockdown. Loud enough that I have it on good authority he can be heard at least a mile or so away:

(It's a Twitter link so may not post, here it is with # where the / should be: https:##twitter.com#Independent#status#1247837843629568002).

Pretty average cruise ship crooning at best I think you'll agree. Same set list every week almost. Even on VE day, when he could have done a good old wartime singalong, but we still got "Here's me and my setlist".

I've tolerated it up until early this evening, when amateur feedback noises started coming into our house from what seemed closer than normal.  I take a nose outside and sure enough,  it looks like tonights venue for the weekly street party has moved to three doors up from me (and has changed to a Saturday).

I hate confrontation. I always get all adrenalined up and my voice and body start shaking. I really didn't know what to say. I just kind of stood there staring. I was asked, "What's up?". Then it all kind of came out. 

"Really, again?", I think I asked. I pointed out that my mother is ill in bed (another long story and another reason I'm feeling bloody terrible). "But it's party night", is the response that I got.

I stated that it doesn't need to be so loud, and that I think the majority of the street are against the whole street party turned up to eleven every week thing, given that the majority of households seem to be staying indoors (which turned into a "No they're not", "Yes they are", exchange (Hint: Watch the video)). I asked if they really thought it acceptable that everyone within about a miles radius has had to put up with their nonsense every week.

I was told to come out and join in. I pointed out that I can't as I am shielding and again that my mother is sick in bed. I was basically told, "not my problem, shut up and go back indoors", not by him but by another neighbour who had turned up.

I was asked, "Well, why haven't you complained before?", and explained that I have been tolerating it previously, but it is getting a bit too much every week. I am complaining now and that my mother is sick in bed. The weekly karaoke may be getting to their ears a bit as I kept getting asked the same question. "How come you haven't complained before? About the other house?". This made me wonder if a noise complaint about Johnny Wannabe's place had been lodged, and that tonights change of venue was a ruse to change address.

It ended with me going back indoors, feeling like I'd been fobbed of and dismissed, ranting about how, "the bloke can't really sing for toffee anyway". (They seemed really offended by that. If they think he is any good, they are as deluded as he is imo). I may, in my annoyed state, and to my shame, have used the phrase "bloody chavs".

So, I spent a couple of hours really pissed off, thinking here we go again with the racket. Bee in my bonnet and can't think about anything else but how selfish some groups can be.

But. No karaoke. OK, they're still being social in the street. But they took notice.

I now I feel like a right killjoy c**t who can't show his face in the street again.

I feel that maybe I should buy them a couple of crates of lager as a way of saying "Thanks for listening and not making a racket tonight".

This maybe the wrong website but Am I The Arsehole?

Tl;dr: Felt justified in moaning about partying. Now I feel like a killjoy.

People need to be considerate about others peoples needs as well as their own! Not everyone is in a position to party right now! 
they had a good time maybe a little quieter but still had a good time! 
wouldn’t worry what they think! Well done for going out and asking them to be considerate of others! 

• Upvote 1

Thank you fc07. Needed some reassurance. Precisely my point.

I'm all for partying and getting wasted, but if me and/or mine's behaviour starts to impose on other peoples enjoyment of their lives, I deserve to have it pointed out to me.

3 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I feel really bloody terrible (but thanks for asking) and I need to rant. Tl;dr at the end if I remember.

I hate to be a killjoy, but I think I've just been a killjoy.

We've had this wannabe social media star doing karaoke pretty much every Sunday in our street (and on VE day for good luck) since lockdown. Loud enough that I have it on good authority he can be heard at least a mile or so away:

(It's a Twitter link so may not post, here it is with # where the / should be: https:##twitter.com#Independent#status#1247837843629568002).

Pretty average cruise ship crooning at best I think you'll agree. Same set list every week almost. Even on VE day, when he could have done a good old wartime singalong, but we still got "Here's me and my setlist".

I've tolerated it up until early this evening, when amateur feedback noises started coming into our house from what seemed closer than normal.  I take a nose outside and sure enough,  it looks like tonights venue for the weekly street party has moved to three doors up from me (and has changed to a Saturday).

I hate confrontation. I always get all adrenalined up and my voice and body start shaking. I really didn't know what to say. I just kind of stood there staring. I was asked, "What's up?". Then it all kind of came out. 

"Really, again?", I think I asked. I pointed out that my mother is ill in bed (another long story and another reason I'm feeling bloody terrible). "But it's party night", is the response that I got.

I stated that it doesn't need to be so loud, and that I think the majority of the street are against the whole street party turned up to eleven every week thing, given that the majority of households seem to be staying indoors (which turned into a "No they're not", "Yes they are", exchange (Hint: Watch the video)). I asked if they really thought it acceptable that everyone within about a miles radius has had to put up with their nonsense every week.

I was told to come out and join in. I pointed out that I can't as I am shielding and again that my mother is sick in bed. I was basically told, "not my problem, shut up and go back indoors", not by him but by another neighbour who had turned up.

I was asked, "Well, why haven't you complained before?", and explained that I have been tolerating it previously, but it is getting a bit too much every week. I am complaining now and that my mother is sick in bed. The weekly karaoke may be getting to their ears a bit as I kept getting asked the same question. "How come you haven't complained before? About the other house?". This made me wonder if a noise complaint about Johnny Wannabe's place had been lodged, and that tonights change of venue was a ruse to change address.

It ended with me going back indoors, feeling like I'd been fobbed of and dismissed, ranting about how, "the bloke can't really sing for toffee anyway". (They seemed really offended by that. If they think he is any good, they are as deluded as he is imo). I may, in my annoyed state, and to my shame, have used the phrase "bloody chavs".

So, I spent a couple of hours really pissed off, thinking here we go again with the racket. Bee in my bonnet and can't think about anything else but how selfish some groups can be.

But. No karaoke. OK, they're still being social in the street. But they took notice.

I now I feel like a right killjoy c**t who can't show his face in the street again.

I feel that maybe I should buy them a couple of crates of lager as a way of saying "Thanks for listening and not making a racket tonight".

This maybe the wrong website but Am I The Arsehole?

Tl;dr: Felt justified in moaning about partying. Now I feel like a killjoy.

To my minds eye the world should run with anybody can do what they like, but only if it doesn't infringe on the liberty of others. Nobody has the right to cross that boundary. It is very much the case that this 'singer' had crossed the boundary. He crossed it the very first time he very first sang in the street during lock down. Any rational person would understand that that is not acceptable. That their intrusive perception of what should be happening cannot be proven by them to end up being justified. That they consciously steamed on ahead anyway, and in doing so they treated their own very neighbours like shit, is amazing. Narcissism should always be condemned, and never encouraged*

* - Don't worry, I am fully aware of the irony involved in that statement. I suppose that in my defence I can, at least, state that I wasn't actually shouting that information out to you in your road. So, don't go blaming me. You decided to read this shite, not me. All I did was to decide to write it. 

@Yoghurt on a Stick Thanks for your reply and understanding. I always appreciate your wisdom on here.

My optimism yesterday was unfounded as they are at it again as I type. They have changed the venue I think and they're letting other people sing other than just Johnny Wannabe (hope they're disinfecting the mic between songs). It's not as much as a pain in the arse but I'm still seething. I haven't been able to watch telly on a Sunday evening for weeks.

We've discussed narcissism on here before haven't we. You're dead right about him crossing the line. He's literally been urging people to "C'mon" outside between almost every line of every song for the last six weeks or so. Guess the guidelines don't apply to some people. Amazed he didn't get fined.

Really makes me want to drink. They had a three for two on bottles of wine at Morrisons yesterday, but I was so stressed out by the confrontation last night that I got through all of them. I aimed to have enough supplies so I didn't have to leave the house for about a week. Can't go out right now as I'd probably get lynched. I'm also a bit worried my car may get vandalised.

This used to be such a nice neighbourhood. Now it seems to be full of people just doing as they like and sod everyone else. What I find ironic is that the people hanging around outside their houses in the street all day every day, are the very same people who were previously moaning about the local immigrant population because they "hang around in the street all day outside their houses".

As it's a Bank Holiday weekend and it's not just the terrible Johnny Wannabe I can kind of let it slide this week. My worry is that they've been getting away with it for so many weeks that it's never going to stop and this is now the new acceptable normal for them.

If I go out there and pour a bucket of water over their machine, I'm the bad guy right?

5 hours ago, MrZigster said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick Thanks for your reply and understanding. I always appreciate your wisdom on here.

My optimism yesterday was unfounded as they are at it again as I type. They have changed the venue I think and they're letting other people sing other than just Johnny Wannabe (hope they're disinfecting the mic between songs). It's not as much as a pain in the arse but I'm still seething. I haven't been able to watch telly on a Sunday evening for weeks.

We've discussed narcissism on here before haven't we. You're dead right about him crossing the line. He's literally been urging people to "C'mon" outside between almost every line of every song for the last six weeks or so. Guess the guidelines don't apply to some people. Amazed he didn't get fined.

Really makes me want to drink. They had a three for two on bottles of wine at Morrisons yesterday, but I was so stressed out by the confrontation last night that I got through all of them. I aimed to have enough supplies so I didn't have to leave the house for about a week. Can't go out right now as I'd probably get lynched. I'm also a bit worried my car may get vandalised.

This used to be such a nice neighbourhood. Now it seems to be full of people just doing as they like and sod everyone else. What I find ironic is that the people hanging around outside their houses in the street all day every day, are the very same people who were previously moaning about the local immigrant population because they "hang around in the street all day outside their houses".

As it's a Bank Holiday weekend and it's not just the terrible Johnny Wannabe I can kind of let it slide this week. My worry is that they've been getting away with it for so many weeks that it's never going to stop and this is now the new acceptable normal for them.

If I go out there and pour a bucket of water over their machine, I'm the bad guy right?

Hello MtZigster,

You have my every sympathy because your situation is an possible situation. It really is unfair that this person/ these people are continuing to impose their singing on to you when it is both unsolicited and unwanted. Unfortunately I can offer know advice / remedy, but do wish that this intrusion comes to a stop for some reason sooner rather than later. 

5 hours ago, MrZigster said:

'fraid so.

Life is like that sometimes.

Deep Breaths ....

Jasper Street Company will make you feel better. I am not a religious person, but......

• Upvote 1

One thing this situation has done is really shown me exactly how bad alcohol actually makes you feel

I've tended to avoid drinking at all in the week and drinking fri/sat/sun. I’ve then consistently felt awful on Monday and then often Tuesday as well. Really down and lacking any motivation to do anything.

Now of course we all know how bad hangovers can be, but for me they’re usually linked to a night out so when you’ve drunk a lot the feeling of anxiety the next day is normally just linked to having been out, and feelings of ‘oh god what did I do’ and what did I spend etc. 

And then on Monday when I’d normally have work feeling down can easily be linked to that and the fact you’re at work and have another 5 days before the weekend. So it’s a easy for the feelings to be masked or jumbled up with other things.

But now when Monday is no different to Sunday. or any other day it really lays it bare that feeling so shit is purely the effects of alcohol and nothing else, not work, not anxiety about actions.

Don't get me wrong, I love a drink but it was just an observation. 

I've been really down the last few days. I haven't called my parents in about a week, which is weird for me in  normal circumstances but unheard of since this all started.

I text my Mum just to say that I'm sad and fed up of not knowing when it is that I'm going to be able to go home and see them, and I just don't feel like I have anything else to say. She responded to say she understands and feels the same way, and that made me feel even worse. I can handle me being upset, but thinking of my Mum feeling the same way is too horrible.

I know we're very lucky that at present we're all still in good health, but I know my mental health is really taking a nosedive with no dates of anything family related to look forward to, when this summer should have been full of them.

2 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I've been really down the last few days. I haven't called my parents in about a week, which is weird for me in  normal circumstances but unheard of since this all started.

I text my Mum just to say that I'm sad and fed up of not knowing when it is that I'm going to be able to go home and see them, and I just don't feel like I have anything else to say. She responded to say she understands and feels the same way, and that made me feel even worse. I can handle me being upset, but thinking of my Mum feeling the same way is too horrible.

I know we're very lucky that at present we're all still in good health, but I know my mental health is really taking a nosedive with no dates of anything family related to look forward to, when this summer should have been full of them.

Pick up the phone ... if I remember rightly there’s quite a distance between you ? A bit of a cry can sometimes help ... it becomes harder the longer you go ... I’ve been known to shut myself off at lower moments and making that jump becomes harder ... but once it’s done it’s a massive relief .. x

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

One thing this situation has done is really shown me exactly how bad alcohol actually makes you feel

I've tended to avoid drinking at all in the week and drinking fri/sat/sun. I’ve then consistently felt awful on Monday and then often Tuesday as well. Really down and lacking any motivation to do anything.

Now of course we all know how bad hangovers can be, but for me they’re usually linked to a night out so when you’ve drunk a lot the feeling of anxiety the next day is normally just linked to having been out, and feelings of ‘oh god what did I do’ and what did I spend etc. 

And then on Monday when I’d normally have work feeling down can easily be linked to that and the fact you’re at work and have another 5 days before the weekend. So it’s a easy for the feelings to be masked or jumbled up with other things.

But now when Monday is no different to Sunday. or any other day it really lays it bare that feeling so shit is purely the effects of alcohol and nothing else, not work, not anxiety about actions.

Don't get me wrong, I love a drink but it was just an observation. 

It's impressive how Monday can still be so 'Monday', even when I've been furloughed! I'm the same as you, strictly only drink Fri to Sun throughout. The problem is that Tues to Fri I spend my afternoons reading. But Monday always drags as I just don't have the attention span for it. Will be better tomorrow. I don't get it too bad, but I just feel quite restless (I've not left the flat today after previously exercising at least once every day for the last week!).

37 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Pick up the phone ... if I remember rightly there’s quite a distance between you ? A bit of a cry can sometimes help ... it becomes harder the longer you go ... I’ve been known to shut myself off at lower moments and making that jump becomes harder ... but once it’s done it’s a massive relief .. x

Yeah, I'm in Liverpool and they in Plymouth so it's a bit of a way.

I think it's not helped that it's been a bit awkward to call home lately as my parents have had to take in my alcoholic aunt, who fell off the wagon in a big way and was not taking care of herself. It's hard to talk to my parents like normal with her there, and my Mum gets that. She agrees it'll be nice to talk once she's gone home so even if we don't have anything to say we can just be quiet on the phone together haha.

10 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Yeah, I'm in Liverpool and they in Plymouth so it's a bit of a way.

I think it's not helped that it's been a bit awkward to call home lately as my parents have had to take in my alcoholic aunt, who fell off the wagon in a big way and was not taking care of herself. It's hard to talk to my parents like normal with her there, and my Mum gets that. She agrees it'll be nice to talk once she's gone home so even if we don't have anything to say we can just be quiet on the phone together haha.

Phone conversations are weird aren’t they ... what are you up to ? Erm going for walks ... online delivery ... er um bit of chat about what’s going on with pandemic ..what are your plans er Um ?! Can she go out for a bit to make it a bit easier ?