How do you feel?

Matt42

An update on my situation, for anyone remotely interested. Today, an application I made for a new flat was approved. It's one road behind where we live currently, and it's a pretty decent two bedroom place. It feels absolutely bizarre to me that two weeks ago today, I considered myself to be in a strained but ongoing relationship, and here I am today, with a new pad for me and my cat and a three week time frame to move. I was hoping to feel happy and excited for the new place, but it actually set me back. I was sadder today than I have been for a few days. I guess it's the definitive nature of what I'm doing - that it feels real now.

The upside is that I'll be moving about a week before my ex, so she can come over to visit the cat and feel like she's weaning off rather than abruptly saying goodbye and disappearing. The logistics of moving are also immeasurably better than if she moved out first.

So I'm surviving; hanging in there; but it's still tough and I'm expecting the period during which I pack up and move, and the following few days to be quite horrible. After that, there are no dreaded moments of sadness on the horizon so hopefully things can gradually improve.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

An update on my situation, for anyone remotely interested. Today, an application I made for a new flat was approved. It's one road behind where we live currently, and it's a pretty decent two bedroom place. It feels absolutely bizarre to me that two weeks ago today, I considered myself to be in a strained but ongoing relationship, and here I am today, with a new pad for me and my cat and a three week time frame to move. I was hoping to feel happy and excited for the new place, but it actually set me back. I was sadder today than I have been for a few days. I guess it's the definitive nature of what I'm doing - that it feels real now.

The upside is that I'll be moving about a week before my ex, so she can come over to visit the cat and feel like she's weaning off rather than abruptly saying goodbye and disappearing. The logistics of moving are also immeasurably better than if she moved out first.

So I'm surviving; hanging in there; but it's still tough and I'm expecting the period during which I pack up and move, and the following few days to be quite horrible. After that, there are no dreaded moments of sadness on the horizon so hopefully things can gradually improve.

You will have up days and down days! Keep talking to all of us and take each day as it comes! Don’t be to hard on yourself when you react in a certain way these things are very unpredictable!! The move will be difficult but will also give you a new focus! Look after yourself! 🌈

25 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Ah, mate. That's not ideal news. So sorry to hear that. Just remember that 'news' is rarely that, these days. Much of it is speculative, third hand and not an accurate state of affairs. Surveys are generally nothing to get alarmed over.

Crazyfool1 I’ve kinda stopped watching a lot of the news as it changes so much in seconds and doesnt allways show the whole story and can be scary! Everything crossed you will be out and about soon! If not we will make Glastonbury happen inside on this forum! Its want makes it so great!🌈 

15 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Crazyfool1 I’ve kinda stopped watching a lot of the news as it changes so much in seconds and doesnt allways show the whole story and can be scary! Everything crossed you will be out and about soon! If not we will make Glastonbury happen inside on this forum! Its want makes it so great!🌈 

It is true although I find it difficult to avoid at times ... but I will be here with bells (hats ) on in June thanks all x 

14 hours ago, kalifire said:

Its fantastic news that you've got a new place sorted. I'm really happy for you and hopefully this will be a new and exciting chapter in your life, for you and your cat :) its ok to feel sad its still a very new situation and its not gunna be dead easy but you'll get there you know

Sending lots of love your way x

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 6:30 PM, kalifire said:

There's not much more that I can say right now, that I haven't already said. Just wanted to wish you all the best. 

• Like 1

Good man @kalifire 👍🏻 With every little change, every day that passes, you get a bit further away from all the heartache and you get closer to the next bit of brilliant. There’ll be a stage after you’ve moved into your new place when everything is in its place, everything is tidy and sorted, you’ll be coming home after work etc with nothing on your mind, and you’ll be so chuffed to have your own place with no stress, arguments, stolen leftover ham, washing up, inexplicable shit strewn all over the bathroom despite you cleaning it yesterday, itll just be you and your stuff and it will bring a huge smile to your face as you stroll in and you’re greeted only by your cat, and not by a Missus desperate for an argument for some unfathomable reason. 

it’s a wonderful thing, being happy in your own company. 

ive not even mentioned open door poops 🤣🤣

better times are coming for you, they one hundred percent are. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can't stand my own company. Have you ANY idea what it's like being tethered to a rampaging half wit 24/7, 365? It's relentless. There is simply no respite. 

Yes I do, and that’s why I’m not with her any more 🤣🤣

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Give yourself a break ... from yourself :) 

Don't worry crazyfool1. It's not really that bad. It used to be, but the day I discovered cross dressing, and walking the streets with a half thawed frozen chicken in my handbag, all that angst, fear, and repression dissolved in my mind, and was soon forgotten. Not only that, but this was soon followed by an 'acceptance'. This acceptance washed over me Niagurally, whilst cleansing me to the core at the very same time. It was at that very moment that I realised what I had to do, if my life was going to have value, importance and mean anything to anybody and also the universe itself. There could be no more denial or putting it off.  I knew that I had to put on a blonde wig, blue dress and speak the language of The Lord;

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can't stand my own company. Have you ANY idea what it's like being tethered to a rampaging half wit 24/7, 365? It's relentless. There is simply no respite. 

Jump you Fucker Jump. 😀

Love you Yog.

Really, You are the best of people in the worst of times.

Jump you Fucker Jump......

Edited by bamber

From BTL on the New York Times today.... George Orwell.

“Whether the British ruling class are wicked or merely stupid is one of the most difficult questions of our time, and at certain moments a very important question.”

14 minutes ago, bamber said:

Jump you Fucker Jump. 😀

Love you Yog.

Really, You are the best of people in the worst of times.

Jump you Fucker Jump......

Hello bamber,

Nice to communicate with you again, after some time has passed since we last 'spoke'.

I do remember the Derek & Clive sketch.

I'm going for this approach myself.

Hope that you are happy and well. :)

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

Nice to communicate with you again, after some time has passed since we last 'spoke'.

I do remember the Derek & Clive sketch.

I'm going for this approach myself.

Hope that you are happy and well. :)

Happy and well. just about.

My brother's partner's dad and my maternal aunt are dead because of this. Brings it home.

Love this tune. Fucking wonderful!

Edited by bamber

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You have my condolences. I too have a connection with two people who have died of this virus. 

Crazy eh?

I so want to be back at the festival now.

Love All Dylan, and the Times are indeed changing.

Hay ho.

Thanks for listening.

I feel better than I did before I came here. Others will feel I spoilt their night, that is sad.

Others can't spell. Music is my sanctuary. If I shit post at times, it is all out of Love.

I profusely apologise for all my misdemeanours.

Sing along, 'Music is my life'