How do you feel?

Matt42

Regarding the weather, I really hope that it’s not glorious weather. It’s purely because we’ve had two bangers in a row, and the fallow year in 2018 was also during that summer when it was basically glorious every day for months on end. So if this year is nice during the period when the festival would’ve been on, then for next year to be good we’re essentially asking for 5 bangers in a row on what would’ve been the festival dates.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’ll be glad just to be there and will take any weather, but it would be handy if we could have a deluge this year to give us a chance of something decent next year. 

This morning I'm just feeling very sad. I've really been doing alright - my boyfriend and I are homebodies to a ridiculous degree, so staying inside has been no hardship.

Just this morning I'm contemplating my next trip to the shop, feeling quite fearful about it. I'm absolutely desperate to be with my family and have no glimmer of hope of when that might be able to happen. When the lockdown started I was glad, thinking "good, the sooner this is in place the sooner it is over and I can go home and see my family" but now that idea feels even more distant than it did at the start.

When I try and picture being at Glastonbury 2021 it's tough. It seems like a crazy dream. Even remembering sitting on a bus as I did on the daily, four weeks ago, seems absolutely mental. 

I'm glad to have a day or two of feeling like this though, because I know this sadness won't last. Hopefully by Friday I'll be happy for my four day weekend and get some solid hours in sitting in the yard in the sunshine, and everything won't seem so bad for a bit.

We have just been told that the plan is to have our dept working from home by a week on Friday.

This is going to sound odd, but this whole situation hasnt been "real". Ive still gone to work. Now, I am facing the reality of potentially seeing no one at all for weeks.... I wont lie, I have been dreading this.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:53 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

We have just been told that the plan is to have our dept working from home by a week on Friday.

This is going to sound odd, but this whole situation hasnt been "real". Ive still gone to work. Now, I am facing the reality of potentially seeing no one at all for weeks.... I wont lie, I have been dreading this.

Do you live in an isolated location?  

Supermarkets are open for a weekly shop.

You can smile at people from two meters away.

You can offer to help people who cannot leave their homes at all.

You can internet and skype and stuff.

Any of that any help?

On 4/8/2020 at 11:53 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Like whoami suggests, can you contact people by Skype, WhatsApp or messenger video calls?

I don't know how you'd feel about the extra social steps, but seeing faces is important to us, and video produces the same effect in our brains. I speak on messenger calls daily with my mum as she's on her own with my dad in a locked down care home, and we have a weekly family video call with a quiz and stuff.

Hope things pan out, let me know how you are.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, kalifire said:

My girlfriend of close to 5 years sat me down to say she wanted to end our relationship tonight.

Currently numb, and profoundly sad.

Are you living together? Jesus this is hard man I am so sorry to hear this?

15 minutes ago, kalifire said:

My girlfriend of close to 5 years sat me down to say she wanted to end our relationship tonight.

So so sorry to hear this kalifire, sending you loads of virtual hugs. Wish I could send you real ones. xx

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Oh mate that's rubbish. Horrible stuff at the best of times. Sending a hug as well x

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Aw kali ... pms always open and if u need a number to shout to just pm me ... anytime , and of course the forum is always here too x

• Like 1

Thanks guys. It wasn't a massive surprise - we've been drifting apart a bit recently - but compounded with the virus stuff, and being so far from home (family and friends are thousands of miles away), I'm feeling it. A bottle of wine also equals emotional and lonely, so apologies in advance for any verbal vom.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Thanks guys. It wasn't a massive surprise - we've been drifting apart a bit recently - but compounded with the virus stuff, and being so far from home (family and friends are thousands of miles away), I'm feeling it. A bottle of wine also equals emotional and lonely, so apologies in advance for any verbal vom.

They are still there in a virtual form still ... I also presume u have friends there ? It’s definately not the same as person to person but will take some of the edge of just talking it through ... 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They are still there in a virtual form still ... I also presume u have friends there ? It’s definately not the same as person to person but will take some of the edge of just talking it through ... 

I arrived in Melbourne in February 2015. We met in August 2015 and didn't look back. That didn't give me much time to establish a social circle beyond her friends, although I have one or two.

Bloody hell Kali that's rough...right in the middle of all this Corona shit too.

Are you both sure it's not something you can work through once this situation improves?  Being so confined is surely magnifying every little issue between those we are sharing our space with and testing every one of us.

At best can you both at least agree to look after each other until then?

Gert lush Frome vibes coming your way man ❤

Edited by parsonjack
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Are you both sure it's not something you can work through once this situation improves?  Being so confined is surely magnifying every little issue between those we are sharing our space with and testing every one of us.

"Dry your eyes mate, I know it's hard to take but her mind has been made up...."

About sums it up. Can't listen to that one right now, though.

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

"Dry your eyes mate, I know it's hard to take but her mind has been made up...."

About sums it up. Can't listen to that one right now, though.

Ok....so be it.  We want to know she will look out for you though until you're able to get some space to sort things.  She owes you that much.

Edited by parsonjack

11 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Ok....so be it.  We want to know she will look out for you though until you're able to get some space to sort things.  She owes you that much.

Despite the reasons we're going our own ways, the core of our relationship is fundamentally healthy. This hasn't happened due to an incident, an argument or anything else. In some ways that makes it worse, but we're still there for each other. Thanks, pj.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Despite the reasons we're going our own ways, the core of our relationship is fundamentally healthy. This hasn't happened due to an incident, an argument or anything else. In some ways that makes it worse, but we're still there for each other. Thanks, pj.

I know what you mean. Sometimes a really definitive and brutal breakup can help you get over it easier. The gradual drifting apart and ending when things are in tepid waters can be much harder. Stay strong x

15 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Mixed blessing there, but glad it's not resulted in you being completely isolated.  Ditto with PMs being an option if you need to vent champ

Sorry to hear this. Something similar happened to me in 2017 after being together 11 years, total shock. It’s shit no doubt about it and many hard days ahead, but things do get better I promise you. 

Talking to someone or even just being angry about it is fine, but try and channel it into something positive. And keep yourself busy! 

Don’t lose hope 🙂

8 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Sorry to hear this. Something similar happened to me in 2017 after being together 11 years, total shock. It’s shit no doubt about it and many hard days ahead, but things do get better I promise you. 

Talking to someone or even just being angry about it is fine, but try and channel it into something positive. And keep yourself busy! 

Don’t lose hope 🙂

Thanks, MM. Really early days here, but yeah I can see that channelling of energy can mark a path in one direction or another.