How do you feel?

Matt42

4 hours ago, Bisque said:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection arrived in the post yesterday. Happy now.

EE54C8C0-C930-4AA7-B9E5-BF2B872FFE38.jpeg

Finished 2 the other day, working my way through 3 now. Not played them in so long, I'm awful at them ahah. 

I watched a 13hour video compilation going through the whole story recently and it was marvelous. I never had a psp so never played that and couldn't really connect with 5 so it filled some solid links in for me.

13 hours ago, priest17 said:

Finished 2 the other day, working my way through 3 now. Not played them in so long, I'm awful at them ahah. 

I watched a 13hour video compilation going through the whole story recently and it was marvelous. I never had a psp so never played that and couldn't really connect with 5 so it filled some solid links in for me.

I found MGS downloaded on my PS3 so played that last week.

I’ve put Snake Eater on easy mode so kind of playing it as if it were a movie. The middle section of Snake Eater (in the mountains) is fantastic, I wish I could change the difficulty just for this bit.

Did you know that the HD collection also comes with the Metal Gear & Metal Gear: Solid Snake? I only just discovered them last night in the games menu for Snake Eater.

I found Sons Of Liberty boring so going to give Peace Walker a try next. I did try that one years ago but I think I got stuck somewhere very early on & gave up going back to CoD online. I’ll use a walkthrough.

I love Guns Of The Patriots but often find I play it more like a shooter than a stealth game.

I’ve only seen my flatmate play Ground Zeros (looks rubbish) & Phantom Pain (I don’t have a PS4). I have no intentions to play Survive or Rising.

3 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I found MGS downloaded on my PS3 so played that last week.

I’ve put Snake Eater on easy mode so kind of playing it as if it were a movie. The middle section of Snake Eater (in the mountains) is fantastic, I wish I could change the difficulty just for this bit.

Did you know that the HD collection also comes with the Metal Gear & Metal Gear: Solid Snake? I only just discovered them last night in the games menu for Snake Eater.

I found Sons Of Liberty boring so going to give Peace Walker a try next. I did try that one years ago but I think I got stuck somewhere very early on & gave up going back to CoD online. I’ll use a walkthrough.

I love Guns Of The Patriots but often find I play it more like a shooter than a stealth game.

I’ve only seen my flatmate play Ground Zeros (looks rubbish) & Phantom Pain (I don’t have a PS4). I have no intentions to play Survive or Rising.

I'm on a PS2 so don't have the HD collection.

Snake Eater was my favourite game for years so felt I couldn't go on any mode but Normal, taking me ages though. I'm actually playing it less now the living room is full of people working from home (I always have, so bash through bits on my lunch).

I love the story in mgs2, it's rediculous. The half an hour cutscenes that come out of nowhere but are really important are the things I love about the series, I tried to save 3 the other day and it launched into a 5 minute conversation about Godzilla.

Ground zero was alright. Phantom Pain a bit much. I'm more interested in Death Stranding then those last 2.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

I'm more interested in Death Stranding then those last 2.

Certainly a game I will get when I get around to buying a PS4. I’m not usually bothered about being late to the scene with games but I wish I had one for when Modern Warfare was released, probably the perfect game for self isolation for me right now. If I bought a PS4 just for that now then I’m at a few week disadvantage now.

Right this second...a bit emotional.

Working from home and listening to the radio. Hold My Girl by George Ezra just came on. 

I was instantly taken back to Friday evening at Glastonbury last year. George Ezra was performing that song and just a few feet in front of me was a father holding his young daughter in his arms, she was maybe about 5 or 6. They were just staring at each other singing the song, which did bring a tear to my eye at the time. They were having such a special moment.

Now I'm just reliving it in my head hoping that they're both doing ok. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Right this second...a bit emotional.

Working from home and listening to the radio. Hold My Girl by George Ezra just came on. 

I was instantly taken back to Friday evening at Glastonbury last year. George Ezra was performing that song and just a few feet in front of me was a father holding his young daughter in his arms, she was maybe about 5 or 6. They were just staring at each other singing the song, which did bring a tear to my eye at the time. They were having such a special moment.

Now I'm just reliving it in my head hoping that they're both doing ok. 

George Ezra isn’t somebody I’d give the time of day to normally, likewise bastille but I absolutely loved both of their sets last year. Glastonbury is very good at making the saying ‘life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans’ come true.

I have barely thought about Glastonbury. This years (would've been in under 3 months - how crazy does that sound) would be my 14th. 

I've often thought if I didn't get to go I'd go on holiday instead... Cornwall's looking good! Or... the garden? 

Yeah, I have to confess I'd been concerned the mild wet winter wasn't a good sign and this summer might be a drab, rainy one.  Turns out it doesn't matter, it can fuck it down from midsummer to autumn now for all I care, not like I'm going away.

52 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Yeah, I have to confess I'd been concerned the mild wet winter wasn't a good sign and this summer might be a drab, rainy one.  Turns out it doesn't matter, it can fuck it down from midsummer to autumn now for all I care, not like I'm going away.

A few colleagues have complained that this has all happened while it is Sunday. I personally think the sun has helped!

On 4/2/2020 at 2:55 PM, thrillhouse188 said:

I've been essentially on lockdown (only leaving for shopping/exercise, working from home etc) since the 14th March. First two weeks were okay, got a lot fo work done. This week has been a bit of a write off, waking up late and playing Fallout 4 all day. Hanging in there mentally but I really want to try and keep up at least a bit of work productivity, otherwise the guilt will give me a mental beating.

It's also been weird this week, I feel like the actual virus itself is becoming more of a kind of abstract thing in the background. I guess my brain is now fully engaged with trying to keep sane during quarantine 

I was eyeing up my own real life toaster earlier today, it's an afliction worse than Covid 19.

12 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Might start taking down our IKEA furniture to get hold of some screws 😂

Making my own furniture has always been a hobby for me, so I have a full kit of every kind of screw, hinge and bracket under the sun and a decent stock of materials like contiboard.  I like to draw out a plan for something and essentially make my own flat pack kit and assemble it, your post is making me consider building a new desk and building the office/studio space for the new job rather than sitting around browsing the web and drinking coffee, wasting yet another day.

Feeling really well at the moment but have the odd flat day.  clearly the weather is helping and the stepping up of fitness regime.  The lack of the 2 hours a day commuting has had quite an impact on my mental well being i reckon.

That said, i can see the Snowdonia foothills from my study window and long for the day when i am permitted to head for the hills at 4am and be back down having a few welcome ales when most walkers are just arriving at the car park.

Lets get that fkin curve flattened.

16 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Making my own furniture has always been a hobby for me, so I have a full kit of every kind of screw, hinge and bracket under the sun and a decent stock of materials like contiboard.  I like to draw out a plan for something and essentially make my own flat pack kit and assemble it, your post is making me consider building a new desk and building the office/studio space for the new job rather than sitting around browsing the web and drinking coffee, wasting yet another day.

I'm absolutely loving the levels we'll reach in procrastinating. Yesterday my gf (works in admin for a uni) had a job sorting out a bunch of folders on their one drive, so instead of doing my actual work, involving coding, I spend a couple of hours writing a script to do her job for her haha! 

Nice :)

My mood is lifted at the moment as my assorted eastern european neighbours around the terrace are shouting conversations back and forth across the gardens, cheers and shouts and friendly conversation is echoing around the neighbourhood.  It's pretty beautiful to be honest, hearing people delight in human contact from afar like that.  It's a hell of a sound and the sound of a crowd fair brings a tear to my eye.

• Like 1