How do you feel?

Matt42

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

At least with paternity I won’t have to worry about work, I’ll be able to focus solely on the kids and Mrs J.

Yeah that was my thinking. It's a lot! 

Wondering what to do this weekend in terms of going for a walk. When I saw the weather was going to be nice tomorrow I was quite looking forward to taking my exercise during it, but I don't know how I can possibly go for a walk in the park (local to me) without contributing to what are inevitably going to be big numbers out. So I guess I should stick to walking the streets, which is a shame, and also still hard to avoid anyone. Very jealous of those in the countryside at the moment. Even yesterday it was so busy out at 4pm when I went for a walk. I don't get why people think it is okay to sit around in parks. That's not exercise is it? 

On 4/3/2020 at 2:49 PM, kalifire said:

That's a new one on me.

We've gone through: Better Call Saul, Ozark, Succession & Inside No. 9

edit: not all since the virus hit, mind you! Just in recent months. All brilliant.

I'd recommend Westworld, Picard and Altered Carbon as all really good

I hope you are okay, my fella suffers from anxiety and I've told him to limit social media as it's not helping him tbh... plenty to talk too on here though :) 

Me and the fella are okay staying at home but we are lucky to have a decent sized garden. I find the shop run abit stressful tbh as like miltary operation cleaning everything when I get back!!

We've limited social media/news as that the bit that adds to anxiety on seeing so many deaths and then on the other side selfish a**s who not taking it seriously as they can do what them want!!

I've been furloughed but knew that would be the case and certainly don't miss the early starts and 3hrs+ driving each day... gonna start sorting the garden out this week but the last week I've just enjoyed the box sets to take my mind off the sh*tshow that is happening out there..

I think they will be a big shift on how we are and what we do going forward, especially realising who/what is important after this (I do hope so anyway)

On 4/3/2020 at 2:49 PM, kalifire said:

That's a new one on me.

We've gone through: Better Call Saul, Ozark, Succession & Inside No. 9

edit: not all since the virus hit, mind you! Just in recent months. All brilliant.

If you've got access to HBO stuff then do ya self a favour and watch Barry, if you haven't yet, I don't know how literally everyone on the planet isn't going on about it.

That and Atlanta.

• Upvote 1

Glastonbury not happening was something that was gradually eased on us all on a daily basis. We all got the chance to come to terms with the fact that it wasn’t happening, alongside a scenario where it happening or not became less important by the day. Glastonbury is the cherry on the top of a normal year, when you can’t even go to the pub, walk your dog where you normally do or see your friends and family then it loses importance. There are other basic day to day things in life that are more important overall. Would somebody in prison rather have their freedom, or stay in prison but get to go on a dream holiday of their choice etc? I’d imagine most would choose freedom.

I fee bad saying this because of course people are actually dying from this, and it’s something that could affect me or my family at any point. But the thing that I struggle with living on my own is it’s like my life is on hold, but it’s not is it, because we’ve all only got so many days on this Earth and every day is precious. Yesterday I sat out in the sun and had a few drinks, today I’ll do the same. Yeah it’s nice, but at the same time it’s just purely existing. At the moment I often think at the end of any given generic day, well that’s another day of my life done that I’ll never get back that I’ve effectively done nothing of note with.

I think in normal life when you’ve got Glastonbury, or somebody’s birthday, or a gig or a holiday to look forward to you never tend to think like that even if all you do is work and have no time. Because it’s all a means to an end and you know you’ve got something to aim for and that it’s all worth it. At the moment there is nothing to aim for, except reliving the same day over and over again. There is no fixed end date, so it’s just existing. Of course there are a number of things you can do with your time but they all eventually get boring.

I don’t want people to confuse what I’m saying with loneliness, because it’s not. I generally don’t get lonely and have plenty of people to speak to. It’s just the feeling that each precious day that goes by is a day of my life I’ll not get back. But I do appreciate I’m one of the lucky ones that at least for the moment hopefully has many more to look forward to after this.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Glastonbury not happening was something that was gradually eased on us all on a daily basis. We all got the chance to come to terms with the fact that it wasn’t happening, alongside a scenario where it happening or not became less important by the day. Glastonbury is the cherry on the top of a normal year, when you can’t even go to the pub, walk your dog where you normally do or see your friends and family then it loses importance. There are other basic day to day things in life that are more important overall. Would somebody in prison rather have their freedom, or stay in prison but get to go on a dream holiday of their choice etc? I’d imagine most would choose freedom.

I fee bad saying this because of course people are actually dying from this, and it’s something that could affect me or my family at any point. But the thing that I struggle with living on my own is it’s like my life is on hold, but it’s not is it, because we’ve all only got so many days on this Earth and every day is precious. Yesterday I sat out in the sun and had a few drinks, today I’ll do the same. Yeah it’s nice, but at the same time it’s just purely existing. At the moment I often think at the end of any given generic day, well that’s another day of my life done that I’ll never get back that I’ve effectively done nothing of note with.

I think in normal life when you’ve got Glastonbury, or somebody’s birthday, or a gig or a holiday to look forward to you never tend to think like that even if all you do is work and have no time. Because it’s all a means to an end and you know you’ve got something to aim for and that it’s all worth it. At the moment there is nothing to aim for, except reliving the same day over and over again. There is no fixed end date, so it’s just existing. Of course there are a number of things you can do with your time but they all eventually get boring.

I don’t want people to confuse what I’m saying with loneliness, because it’s not. I generally don’t get lonely and have plenty of people to speak to. It’s just the feeling that each precious day that goes by is a day of my life I’ll not get back. But I do appreciate I’m one of the lucky ones that at least for the moment hopefully has many more to look forward to after this.

This! Exactly this. I couldn't have worded it better

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

But the thing that I struggle with living on my own is it’s like my life is on hold, but it’s not is it, because we’ve all only got so many days on this Earth and every day is precious. Yesterday I sat out in the sun and had a few drinks, today I’ll do the same. Yeah it’s nice, but at the same time it’s just purely existing. At the moment I often think at the end of any given generic day, well that’s another day of my life done that I’ll never get back that I’ve effectively done nothing of note with.

You've perfectly described what I've been feeling, but haven't been able to put into words.

I dont really feel the guilt about not doing anything like you guys above I see it as a necessity and ive accepted that it will be a very small proportion of my life ... @Wellyboot can you use the time where you need a hug from your man to be making something for the two of you when things return to normal ... a scrapbook or diary maybe ... write some stuff down ... find some photos .and make a collage .. attempt a poem or write him a letter or even just learn something different ... last night my evening consisted of a live stream from my fav band ... a twisto pub quiz .... proud wooden spoon winner followed by a judge jules dj set . so my Sat evenings now are fully booked for the next few weeks as some of them are weekly I think :) 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I dont really feel the guilt about not doing anything like you guys above I see it as a necessity and ive accepted that it will be a very small proportion of my life ... @Wellyboot can you use the time where you need a hug from your man to be making something for the two of you when things return to normal ... a scrapbook or diary maybe ... write some stuff down ... find some photos .and make a collage .. attempt a poem or write him a letter or even just learn something different ... last night my evening consisted of a live stream from my fav band ... a twisto pub quiz .... proud wooden spoon winner followed by a judge jules dj set . so my Sat evenings now are fully booked for the next few weeks as some of them are weekly I think :) 

That's a brilliant idea thank you!! This week and try to come up with something :) I saw the tweet about the pub quiz and I was gunna do it but ended up at the pub (virtual obviously, video calls) so I missed it but next week I might do that!!

Honestly, dunno what I'd do without efests you lot are brilliant!!

I live on my own, but I am still working in the office.

The weekend has been the hardest days of the week. I class myself as lucky to be able to get on with things as normal (well as normal as possible) throughout the week.

As for the festival itself, I am not too disappointed at the minute as there are people losing their lives, jobs & security through this. I will feel worse in late june though.

The "purely existing" part is very relatable to me. I have said the same. At the moment I feel I have nothing to look forward to, so what's the point. (That doesnt mean I feel suicidal or anything please dont get me wrong) but purely existing doesnt feel like a life.

For anyone struggling, please remember you are not on your own in this. Whilst people may be apart, we are all feeling the same, your thoughts & feelings are "normal".

I hope everyone is doing well.

Cake is generally the answer to most things, Mary Berry has a lot to answer for.

I'd like to say it was my creation  but i'd be lying, Mrs oneeye takes the credit for this one 😎

IMG-20200405-WA0002.thumb.jpg.742f66bc61895d011516d78b78084054.jpg

Morale is on the up this Sunday PM

Edited by oneeye
  • Upvote 1

On 4/4/2020 at 12:38 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I do really feel for colleagues who are attempting to work full time and look after kids. That's tough! Do you have some paternity leave coming up? Not that that will be a picnic...

Chatting to two working dad friends last week on Zoom and I said it was annoying that I am the only one to be furloughed as I am also the only one without kids! Most parents do seem to be struggling to juggle it all.

I'm generally pretty good, the only time I wobble is when I have post a couple of nights' drinking anxiety. Have only been drinking at weekends, though may start getting more bored the longer I am furloughed.

Have drunk the last two nights and not massively bothered about having any more, but have already arranged to do online indie club with my mate who lives on his own who I am trying to keep an eye on. He's already started a playlist, so guess I'll have to take one for the team!

5 hours ago, oneeye said:

Cake is generally the answer to most things, Mary Berry has a lot to answer for.

I'd like to say it was my creation  but i'd be lying, Mrs oneeye takes the credit for this one 😎

IMG-20200405-WA0002.thumb.jpg.742f66bc61895d011516d78b78084054.jpg

Morale is on the up this Sunday PM

Oh yes...now that's a cake 🎂 

1 hour ago, oneeye said:

Next on the animal list, ducks; bad I know bit still bought a smile to my over stubbly face 😄

92228451_2560318040847901_274200835414556672_n.thumb.jpg.f689a8e621ea42a8c6585b521f03e976.jpg

Tim Vine:

"I’d like to start with the chimney jokes – I’ve got a stack of them. The first one is on the house."

"I said to the gym instructor: 'Can you teach me to do the splits?' He said: 'How flexible are you?' I said: 'I can’t make Tuesdays.'"

"I rang up British Telecom and said: 'I want to report a nuisance caller.' He said: 'Not you again.'"

"I've decided to sell my Hoover - it was just collecting dust."

"I was stealing things in the supermarket today while balanced on the shoulders of vampires. I was charged with shoplifting on three counts."

"I saw this advert in a window that said: 'Television for sale, £1, volume stuck on full.' I thought, 'I can’t turn that down.'"

"I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again."

"I was reading a book - 'The History of Glue' - I couldn't put it down."

"I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said 'Analogue?' I said 'No, just a watch.'"

"I went into a shop and I said, 'Can someone sell me a kettle?' The bloke said 'Kenwood?' I said, 'Where is he?'"

"So Batman came up to me & he hit me over the head with a vase & he went 'T'PAU!' I said 'Don't you mean KAPOW??' He said 'No, I've got china in my hand.'"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection arrived in the post yesterday. Happy now.

EE54C8C0-C930-4AA7-B9E5-BF2B872FFE38.jpeg

Leeds has been tarted up a tad since I was last there judging by the view........