Best metal/hard rock/extreme band to play Glastonbury?

Bisque

Enter Shikari have done a fine job every time they've played, also the only band I know of that headlined 2 stages during the same festival (JP on the Friday, Leftfield on the Saturday).  Their Leftfield set was pretty special, they always bring an enthusiastic crowd and it remains one of my favourite gigs at that stage.

One day I hope rage will return.  

They're not super heavy but YAK have done well everytime they've played, pitting to them in 2016 nearly killed me

Again, not super heavy (supported Black Sabbath that hear though!) Reignwolf slayed the JPT at 11am on my favourite day at glasto (rock day) 2014

Neither big enough for clips of their sets I'm afraid

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

Their Leftfield set was pretty special

I would have liked to have seen them on Leftfield but I think it was during a headliner & I was on the wrong side of the Pyramid to leave.

They played & closed with Constellations in 2014 which I have never heard them play live.

27 minutes ago, priest17 said:

They're not super heavy but YAK have done well everytime they've played

Saw them on JP in 2011 & they were dreadful. Tbf I didn’t know many of their songs & the tent was semi flooded but I just didn’t enjoy.

We saw the lead singer & their other half the next day, my mate (a bit tipsy) went up to them & gave them a couple of cans of cider & told them to cheer up.

10 hours ago, Bisque said:

Didn’t he play before or after The Killers? I know a few people who saw him either to be in early for The Killers or stayed after, I can’t remember which, & they all said it was one of the highlights of the festival. They said there was a lot of energy going off in JP!

Most definitely. I haven’t listened to them since I was at school & Back To School got heavy rotation in the art classroom. I think most of our year passed around White Pony to copy onto their MiniDisc players.

He was on before The Killers, needless to say a large portion of the crowd didn’t have a clue what they were in for. As you say, a lot of them were won over. Atmosphere was fantastic.

6 hours ago, Bisque said:

Saw them on JP in 2011 & they were dreadful. Tbf I didn’t know many of their songs & the tent was semi flooded but I just didn’t enjoy.

I love ya dude but  if ya mean YAK they didn't form til '14 man.

Unless you mean Reignwolf, they're shit still now. You get a half decent go every now and then..

4 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Ah lol – I reckon this is a mix-up of Yak and Yuck

Not a great live band at all, no.

Well YAK are kaput now but we're one of the finest live bands I've seen, that's the only reason I felt the need to correct ya

They were pissing about with a brass brand last summer and it was class. I missed them at Glastonbury coz they swapped with another band and my burner couldn't find out when they swapped to

12 hours ago, John the Moth said:

He was on before The Killers, needless to say a large portion of the crowd didn’t have a clue what they were in for. As you say, a lot of them were won over. Atmosphere was fantastic.

Yeah, I was near the front and one of my main memories from Glastonbury that year was trying to get out of the tent after Frank’s set.

It took me ages as it was absolutely rammed and in retrospect it would have been easier to stay and watch the Killers, haha.

Fair play to the crowd though, loads kept stopping me to tell me that there was a Killers secret set in case I wasn’t aware (despite it being the worst kept secret ever haha)

10 hours ago, priest17 said:

I love ya dude but  if ya mean YAK they didn't form til '14 man.

Unless you mean Reignwolf, they're shit still now. You get a half decent go every now and then..

Not heard of Reignwolf, they’ve been mentioned here a couple of times now...

7 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Ah lol – I reckon this is a mix-up of Yak and Yuck

Not a great live band at all, no.

...& apologies, yes I was thinking of Yuck, my bad.

306308F6-AD5F-41D8-8779-2667F2025DCD.jpeg