Jump to content

All Points East Festival 2021


Recommended Posts

Interesting. I can see the wombats/kooks day selling way better like this as may is mid exams. hope tame impala moves to august too as i was struggling to get a group for that! Probably puts glass animals back in the question too.

EDIT: forgetting corona too - 3 months later is massive for the chance of the festival going ahead

Edited by gfa
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His birth was postponed until next year due to Covid-19

Where can i get free tickets for this event?

Kooks day has to return 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Placebo, Suede, Iggy Pop and Bauhaus are touring around the new dates.

All APE-friendly acts.

Wasn't Iggy Pop playing on the Kraftwerk day? Maybe he'll return*

Bauhaus have an ally Pally show early June so can't see them doing this too

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 11:46 PM, Jake1234 said:

What are the chances of another Wombats/Kooks headline on one of the days? Even if it’s only one and not both? Is it unlikely?

No reason why it wouldn't happen - if it moves to August then its even more likely i would say as the normal APE weekends are in the middle of exams for a lot of people who would like that day

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

What’s the chance Rage will do this? B2B with Rock En Seine... a week after the US tour ends and suspiciously missing from Reading. 

Possible but I think more likely to do the O2 later on. Unclear as to whether they will do Rock En Seine now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They're not doing Rock en Seine. The festival tour is off so their absence at R+L was expected.

This is part of an official statement:

We are postponing European concerts in Prague, Krakow and Vienna scheduled for September 2020 until we are sure that the concerts will be safe for our fans. If health, local government decisions and safety guarantees allow, we will return to Europe in the fall of 2021. We will inform as soon as we have a confirmed itinerary.

And it had already been rumoured that they'd be doing arenas next Autumn so that's that really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They're not doing Rock en Seine. The festival tour is off so their absence at R+L was expected.

This is part of an official statement:

We are postponing European concerts in Prague, Krakow and Vienna scheduled for September 2020 until we are sure that the concerts will be safe for our fans. If health, local government decisions and safety guarantees allow, we will return to Europe in the fall of 2021. We will inform as soon as we have a confirmed itinerary.

And it had already been rumoured that they'd be doing arenas next Autumn so that's that really.


I saw this before a few months back, just thinking that AEG might have tried to tie them in for both next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:


I saw this before a few months back, just thinking that AEG might have tried to tie them in for both next year. 

I see. But most of their tour was Live Nation in Europe and R+L is a much bigger payday (on account of being a double show) than APE would be so it's pretty doubtful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I see. But most of their tour was Live Nation in Europe and R+L is a much bigger payday (on account of being a double show) than APE would be so it's pretty doubtful.

Agreed. 
Although AEG went head to head with wireless for this years cancelled BST (Post Malone & Kendrick), so if the move to August is true I don’t see them shying away from booking R&L style acts.

With PJ also doing 2 nights at BST next year (possibly), maybe there’s legs in a similar idea for the baby sister site... 

I mean it’s unlikely, but the landscape has changed since Rage cancelled quite dramatically, and it’s pretty much accepted that summer next year will go ahead on the back of testing. Who knows..

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 4:10 PM, gfa said:

image.png.cdc2beb838d2691e971375414a64cc21.png

Obviously not the best statistic but that Tame day has to be coming back with sales that are that high (i assume it sold pretty well anyway) - maybe bombay will be reconsidered or advertising stepped up as that looks like a complete fail to me. APE is the first festival back though so that could help them shift tickets I reckon.

Where do you find this info??

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

...

On 9/19/2020 at 11:56 PM, xxialac said:

Possible but I think more likely to do the O2 later on. Unclear as to whether they will do Rock En Seine now.

Yeah RATM won't play APE. They're not even doing Rock En Seine in the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 9:19 AM, danjamesbaker said:

Any chance Fleet Foxes could headline this or not big enough? New album is great and there’s plenty of acts who’ve recently released albums around for a folky kinda day - Big Thief, Laura Marling, even Sufjan Stevens (probs will never happen)

I'd love to see this, they had a fairly sizeable crowd when headlining Latitude a few years back. I think it would sell okay with a solid set of undercards but would still be one of the lower selling of the weekend (think Bon Iver last year).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

I'd love to see this, they had a fairly sizeable crowd when headlining Latitude a few years back. I think it would sell okay with a solid set of undercards but would still be one of the lower selling of the weekend (think Bon Iver last year).

This is incorrect. I was there at Latitude. And the crowd was the smallest I have ever seen for a headliner. lucky if it was 8 deep from the front. VERY empty.

Shame, as I like them. Course, if you were after a headliner who could play in a socially distant way.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, retromoz said:

This is incorrect. I was there at Latitude. And the crowd was the smallest I have ever seen for a headliner. lucky if it was 8 deep from the front. VERY empty.

Shame, as I like them. Course, if you were after a headliner who could play in a socially distant way.....

Funny, it felt fairly big to me but I guess its been a few years now so my memory might not serve me well! Did they tour off that album? I can't really remember that either!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

Arcade Fire That's all I'm gonna say

i did hear they were offered a slot this year pre-Covid but decided to not to tour at all

 

Wonder if Nine inch nails would still be in the frame....

Edited by zahidf
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...