All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

When we went in yesterday at 2pm there was no queue, on approach to the gate they checked our COVID pass, then scanned our tickets but didn’t ask us for ID. Then had coats/bags searched and had to walk through a metal detector then past dogs (had three mates come in at the same time who were carrying and they didn’t get detected by the dogs). I took in a pouch of rum which was easy enough to do, then only had to buy cans of coke and ask for cups with ice at the bars. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Bit disappointed by Jamie XX, knew it wasn’t going to be In Colour but still a bit flat for me apart from Weird Fishes. 

decent day though and definitely busier than the last two festivals (or the days I went anyway) but no super long queues.

also disappointed that Romy’s new thing is also just becoming a DJ too. Was looking forward to hearing Lifetime properly but left for Little Simz which was probably a blessing in disguise. 

Hope they ditch the VIP area next year or at least make it a bit smaller, never saw more than 100 people in there so can’t even have made the festival any money

14 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

The COVID checks has to be one of the most useless things out there. I’m guessing it’s the same as other events that require vaccination/negative tests?

They just quickly look at the COVID pass for 2 seconds before moving on.. Something you can easily fake.

Yep - I've had a few now: Latitude, Hampton Court (Bastille), New Day Festival and Idles in Kingston last week and not once has anyone scanned my barcode or compared it with ID. Even less useful than a LFT that relies on you being honest about the result (or that you even did it). Boardmasters can bang on all they like about all the testing etc they undertook but it's clear that none of them is taking it seriously enough to stop asymptomatic people getting in. 

2 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Yep - I've had a few now: Latitude, Hampton Court (Bastille), New Day Festival and Idles in Kingston last week and not once has anyone scanned my barcode or compared it with ID. Even less useful than a LFT that relies on you being honest about the result (or that you even did it). Boardmasters can bang on all they like about all the testing etc they undertook but it's clear that none of them is taking it seriously enough to stop asymptomatic people getting in. 

I believe there isn't a system on the other end for them to scan the barcode yet - I assume this is being developed ahead of it being vaccine only end of September. They checked my negative test against my ID at Leeds but didn't at others 

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I believe there isn't a system on the other end for them to scan the barcode yet - I assume this is being developed ahead of it being vaccine only end of September. They checked my negative test against my ID at Leeds but didn't at others 

What about foreign airports? Are they scanning or just reading? I’ve not travelled abroad (apart from Wales!) since 2019

28 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Got it completely wrong on likelihood of free tickets for this year and sorry for being an argumentative dick about it.

To be fair it is something they have done a lot for some pretty big names (Bon iver I remember and BMTH). 

It seems an established festival now tho and it’s sold well despite imo some smaller bookings than previous years.

I wonder if it will stay in august or move back to May in the future 

On 8/29/2021 at 8:07 AM, Jacksamthompson said:

Jamie xx was the worst headline act I've ever seen. Maybe I'm getting old but that didn't appeal to me. Getting in from the top gate was annoying took us a good 40 mins

Couldn’t agree more. Left before the end even though I knew thsoe big XX tracks were coming. 

On 8/28/2021 at 11:10 AM, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Most of the bars only sell canned stuff. Example price £5.80 for a 440ml can of Red Stripe. We could only find one bar doing draught stuff, with London Brewery and Craft IPAs, for £6-£7 for a pint. That’s next to the PlayNext stage so near to the East Stage as well. They also did cocktails for about £8 but they were small so not really worth it.

There’s also a Kraken bar near the Firestone stage, although it had a live DJ going so we couldn’t get near it all day.

That bar. Actually a good selection of keg. Weirdly several are tucked away at the back out of sight in some anonymous machine

452DA35D-2EE6-42EE-BD44-494976C39C3F.jpeg

5CA88CAE-3E0C-42F2-9A62-ACFEB8FB831D.jpeg

5 hours ago, incident said:

Probably August-  there were some pretty strong rumours it was moving even before COVID became a thing.

Yeah, it seems to have sold pretty well this weekend, despite slightly feeble headliners and Reading being an hour up the road. Would seem logical to try to keep it on the same Bank Holiday dates going forward if they can. Even more so if they can go back to securing slightly bigger headliners again. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy