Jump to content

All Points East Festival 2021


Harry_W01
 Share

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

There's a girl in Arcade Fire, and Gorillaz could have a bunch of female guests

Ehhh think including guests in the argument is a bit of an odd one as surely any act could just bring on a guest and say ‘hey we ticked that box’. But Arcade Fire is definitely one, although I think a common misconception for some is that it isn’t a female act unless said female is front and centre with their name up in lights, and I suppose non-fans might be unfamiliar with AF’s lineup and mistake them as a typical indie man band.

Edited by FloorFiller
A word
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ehhh think including guests in the argument is a bit of an odd one as surely any act could just bring on a guest and say ‘hey we ticked that box’. But Arcade Fire is definitely one, although I think a common misconception for some is that it isn’t a female act unless said female is front and centre with their name up in lights, and I suppose non-fans might be unfamiliar with AF’s lineup and mistake them as a typical indie man band.

No AF without Regine Chassagne

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Ehhh think including guests in the argument is a bit of an odd one as surely any act could just bring on a guest and say ‘hey we ticked that box’.

I think when it’s a group that relies on a cast of guest performers like Gorillaz does then it’s a reasonable shout. When people think of Gorillaz they don’t think ‘Damon Albarn solo’, but him in collaboration with others, right? Scanning the Primavera lineup they could have Mavis Staples, Jehnny Beth, Georgia and Little Simz appear in a headline set they wouldn’t otherwise receive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think when it’s a group that relies on a cast of guest performers like Gorillaz does then it’s a reasonable shout. When people think of Gorillaz they don’t think ‘Damon Albarn solo’, but him in collaboration with others, right? Scanning the Primavera lineup they could have Mavis Staples, Jehnny Beth, Georgia and Little Simz appear in a headline set they wouldn’t otherwise receive.

And crucially they could all easily be on the bill themselves as well. I don't mind a lack of female headliners when the undercard has some strong female names to offset it.

3 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I’m hoping Lorde makes the jump to headliner when her new comes out. Think I heard something about it coming out this year?

She's working on something, but it doesn't sound like it's fully formed yet and considering headliners for next year are probably already in progress I'm not sure the timing is right. Probably 2022, but yeah – she's got a hardcore fanbase that would buy tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

It really hope it's Smashing Pumpkins' time. I've been at both UK gigs since the reformation, Wembley and Download, and both were great! (albeit the latter had a poor setlist for a festival crowd). 

I hope the rest of the UK get some love too. Barely been anywhere but London in the last decade!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Won't they just do the same lineup as this year? Easier to handle contracts etc and those bands wanted to tour, they will still want to tour...

Of course a few exceptions but can't see this looking too different for 2021. Maybe Gorillaz could replace a headliner that pulls out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Massive Attack , Tame Impala, and Kraftwerk seem likely. I believe all three are touring around then.

 

Feel like they still need a big rock headliner ala Nick Cave, The Strokes, The National etc. Plus a female headliner is definitely needed

can they just get strokes back honestly, fix the sound and sell it out again. was such a class lineup that day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something like this maybe. Three changed, three kept. Honestly not confident they'll boot Kooks and Wombats and there should be one day that lets the side down but might as well be optimistic at this point.

The War on Drugs, Sigur Ros, Fontaines D.C., Phoebe Bridgers, Cat Power, Kurt Vile, DIIV, Jenny Hval
Tame Impala, etc. (+ The Rapture)
Massive Attack, etc.

Kraftwerk, etc..
Gorillaz, Jamie xx, DJ Shadow, Slowthai, Slaves, Little Simz, Jehnny Beth, Mavis Staples
Haim, Sigrid, Belle & Sebastian, Cigarettes After Sex, Khruangbin, Mahalia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Something like this maybe. Three changed, three kept. Honestly not confident they'll boot Kooks and Wombats and there should be one day that lets the side down but might as well be optimistic at this point.

The War on Drugs, Sigur Ros, Fontaines D.C., Phoebe Bridgers, Cat Power, Kurt Vile, DIIV, Jenny Hval
Tame Impala, etc. (+ The Rapture)
Massive Attack, etc.

Kraftwerk, etc..
Gorillaz, Jamie xx, DJ Shadow, Slowthai, Slaves, Little Simz, Jehnny Beth, Mavis Staples
Haim, Sigrid, Belle & Sebastian, Cigarettes After Sex, Khruangbin, Mahalia

Could Sigrid head up her own day?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Something like this maybe. Three changed, three kept. Honestly not confident they'll boot Kooks and Wombats and there should be one day that lets the side down but might as well be optimistic at this point.

The War on Drugs, Sigur Ros, Fontaines D.C., Phoebe Bridgers, Cat Power, Kurt Vile, DIIV, Jenny Hval
Tame Impala, etc. (+ The Rapture)
Massive Attack, etc.

Kraftwerk, etc..
Gorillaz, Jamie xx, DJ Shadow, Slowthai, Slaves, Little Simz, Jehnny Beth, Mavis Staples
Haim, Sigrid, Belle & Sebastian, Cigarettes After Sex, Khruangbin, Mahalia

That first day is fantastic. 

I reckon Haim will be back at Latitude. If they were around early June then I think Primavera would have booked them given they've played high up there before and they don't have many women headlining next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Phoebe Bridgers is meant to be in Europe around July time - e.g. for 1975 Finsbury Park show and festivals like Rock Werchter - so not sure if she'll stay around long enough/do two trips to play this too. Also with the success of the new album I'm not sure if she'd demand a bigger slot? But that might just be me blinded by being a really big fan somewhat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...