All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

On 8/3/2021 at 11:01 AM, Diamond24 said:

Swim School is quite a good addition for the Foals day. I was going to catch them at Latitude, but they clashed with someone else.

Foals, Bombay Bicycle Club, Gang of Youths, Jade Bird, The Magic Gang, Holly Humberstone, Liz Lawrence, Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard, Swim School for me on that day, clashes permitting.

check out Olivia Dean as well shes ace. 

3 minutes ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Has this news come from the bands directly? They're both still on the APE website and I can't see any tweets from APE indicating they've cancelled 

They’ve both officially cancelled End of the Road i.e. they’re not crossing the pond any more to tour.

30 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

I would hope they get at least one replacement in; must be pretty standard for these festivals to have a 'subs bench' at the moment.

Aye Latitude had a few last minute drop outs that they were able to replace with pretty like-for-like acts, and it seems to have been the standard procedure for other festivals happening who’ve had last minute COVID dropouts so I’m optimistic that they’ll get some in.

Could see a Black Country New Road / Dream Wife or Murder Capital addition to this on the Monday. Would have doubted it before Goat Girl were added because of Wide Awake. 

Also suspect there are a couple of potential line up additions yet to be announced. Seems a little sparse on Friday / Saturday for the three main stages otherwise. 

Edited by The Crimson King

That’s weird, for sure thought BBC would be on the same stage as Foals immediately beforehand. Surely they’re not gonna clash them lest they piss everybody off, so I imagine it’ll be one finishes and five or so minutes later the next one starts on the other stage, which might end up working out pretty well clash-wise.

8 hours ago, harryy said:

Plus, the day isn't like stacked with loads and loads of artists (quantity wise), no more than usual, so the new stage is a surprise to me -wasnt aware it was needed. 

It will have been needed for Field Day so i guess if you have  it - may as well use it

9 hours ago, harryy said:

Plus, the day isn't like stacked with loads and loads of artists (quantity wise), no more than usual, so the new stage is a surprise to me -wasnt aware it was needed. 

I think, as Dental suggests, this is not an extra stage, more a change of format to the existing 2nd & 3rd stages - the West goes from a tent to a (large) open air stage, the North from open air to tent.