Jump to content

All Points East Festival 2021


Recommended Posts

Tbh as much as I love Lorde, I can’t see her being that much of a big draw for something like this and could see it being a bit of a Christine and the Queens situation where they’re pretty much giving tickets away by the end. Obviously a new album could change that, or a shit hot supporting lineup, but I’m not expecting her to be headlining one of these things myself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His birth was postponed until next year due to Covid-19

Hasn't Field Day sold out for £70 a ticket with a much less-established lineup than this? Not one I'd head down to London for but it will be a good party. If folk are going to turn their nos

Where can i get free tickets for this event?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbh as much as I love Lorde, I can’t see her being that much of a big draw for something like this and could see it being a bit of a Christine and the Queens situation where they’re pretty much giving tickets away by the end. Obviously a new album could change that, or a shit hot supporting lineup, but I’m not expecting her to be headlining one of these things myself. 

I think she'd pull a much bigger draw than Christine buts it's a difficult one to gauge. She gets a lot of buzz online but that's passionate fans (me included) rn and not general listeners .

Tbh though if it's her like first UK show back I can see tickets potentially flying if the album goes off, Green Light was a pretty huge song for 2017 if I recall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbh as much as I love Lorde, I can’t see her being that much of a big draw for something like this and could see it being a bit of a Christine and the Queens situation where they’re pretty much giving tickets away by the end. Obviously a new album could change that, or a shit hot supporting lineup, but I’m not expecting her to be headlining one of these things myself. 

I think you underestimate Lordes draw. Shes huge. A lot bigger than chris. If the fest can bag her it will sell out no problem. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jacksamthompson said:

I think you underestimate Lordes draw. Shes huge. A lot bigger than chris. If the fest can bag her it will sell out no problem. 

It didn't sell out last time she played.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think Lorde is a standard Goldenvoice / AEG hype booking. Fashionable name to have at the top of your bill. It will sell tickets if it’s an exclusive show.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The National are going on about more shows due to be announced again, and I would guess one of them will be a London park so they're probably in the running for next year. Have APE repeated a headliner yet? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

no idea, i just think theres more appetite for her live shows now than there was then .

Not sure about that, it was towards the end of that album cycle, she had already played Glastonbury the year before and done her own UK tour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

The National are going on about more shows due to be announced again, and I would guess one of them will be a London park so they're probably in the running for next year. Have APE repeated a headliner yet? 

This would make sense after they cancelled their Brixton shows (not that I'm bitter or anything...) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Too early for NIN.

Too early how? Hellfest might not be the start of their European tour, it is possible for them to come over here at the start of June.

 

Give ur head a wobble m8

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Too early how? Hellfest might not be the start of their European tour, it is possible for them to come over here at the start of June.

 

Give ur head a wobble m8

If that‘s the case, they‘d be at Primavera.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

If that‘s the case, they‘d be at Primavera.

Given how Prim continues to add headliners to an already stacked lineup I won’t be surprised if they get added to that Saturday W2

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Or they might end up being at Mad Cool which we should find out pretty soon with their letter reveals.

There's nowhere on the Mad Cool poster they'd reasonably fit with those letter reveals. There are other Spanish festivals, of course. Bilbao BBK a most likely destination, Cruilla, maybe even Benicassim if they're feeling adventurous.

Matt's right that they could be added to Primavera - probably aligned with the Hellfest announcement if so.

Edited by dentalplan
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Matt’s right that they could be added to Primavera - probably aligned with the Hellfest announcement if so.

Seems mental to me that they’d be held back, especially with there already being so many headliners and them being a particularly strong one, but I suppose they could always have an embargo and announce all their European stuff at once/around the same time.

Think they’re more likely to pop up elsewhere though. Bilbao BBK seems the best fit as you say. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Seems mental to me that they’d be held back, especially with there already being so many headliners and them being a particularly strong one, but I suppose they could always have an embargo and announce all their European stuff at once/around the same time.

Think they’re more likely to pop up elsewhere though. Bilbao BBK seems the best fit as you say. 

 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Matt's right that they could be added to Primavera - probably aligned with the Hellfest announcement if so.

If they are at RW too it may make sense for them to be announced for all of these at the same time? Primavera, RW, HellFest, etc. As I imagine their announcement will look like a European comeback announcement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...