All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's almost as if a year of lost earnings and revenue have lead to artists and promoters putting their prices up a little...

Oh I understand the reasoning, sure.

But I never like paying more £ for less. More £ for the same or the same £ for less is just about ok. 

This years line up is full of great things I'd see at any other festival but doesn't have that hook of a personal all timer that would get me to buy a ticket on the spot.

I think they've done really well and have stuck to the vibe of a curated and well thought out line up. It's a great festival and if it doesn't sell out quickly I may get a ticket closer to the time just to be there.

This is the weakest of the lot for me, but a) it's great to see them have a female headliner day and b) it's nice overall to see these 'sub headliner' acts bumped up and given headliner status which is something they'd not normally have a chance to do.

When asked about the constant rotation of the same festival headline acts across Europe promoters always insist "well, we just never get the opportunity to push new headliners!!" – a lot of that is down to crowd perception of who is headline level or not. Well this year they can try it out, and it'll hopefully have a good knock on effect on who's up for the job in future.

• Like 1

Pre-sale link including 6 for 5 group tickets (only 58 quid a tkt) - thought would share the love after eFests has helped me out so much before! 

https://www.festicket.com/eventgenius/all-points-east/2021/shop/25352/

(I actually worked this out from the user that posted the Foals pre-sale link last week - I thought the "25355" part of that URL looked like the unique shop code - so tried different numbers to find this one!)  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I wonder if they'll stick with the August bank holiday weekend next year? It certainly seems to be selling much better, though obviously a lot of that is due to demand for festivals in general. 

It’d probably be easier to book overseas acts touring in late August, when there are endless other festivals knocking about, then in May when there aren’t as many. Not sure an annual clash with Reading is in their best interests though, especially if they continue with the Jamie XX/Foals type bookings. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

24 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

It’d probably be easier to book overseas acts touring in late August, when there are endless other festivals knocking about, then in May when there aren’t as many. Not sure an annual clash with Reading is in their best interests though, especially if they continue with the Jamie XX/Foals type bookings. 

More festivals around early June than they are end of August. Primavera especially.

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Surprised at how low Mura Masa is on that poster tbh considering he headlined the second stage at reading a couple years ago

Think he fucked it with that last album.

56 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Surprised at how low Mura Masa is on that poster tbh considering he headlined the second stage at reading a couple years ago

This particular gig is coming off the back of an 18 month old album that had no hits on and was a genre he wasn't particularly good at, so I can see why he's not high up. I think he's young and with enough of a fanbase to easily get back there next time around, though.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's almost as if a year of lost earnings and revenue have lead to artists and promoters putting their prices up a little...

Please! Your logic is very jarring on this thread, stands out like a sore thumb.

More interested in moaning about the lack of old acts who won't disappear within ten years or discussing the inconsistency of the font. 

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

This is the weakest of the lot for me, but a) it's great to see them have a female headliner day and b) it's nice overall to see these 'sub headliner' acts bumped up and given headliner status which is something they'd not normally have a chance to do.

When asked about the constant rotation of the same festival headline acts across Europe promoters always insist "well, we just never get the opportunity to push new headliners!!" – a lot of that is down to crowd perception of who is headline level or not. Well this year they can try it out, and it'll hopefully have a good knock on effect on who's up for the job in future.

Excellent point, this. Such a shame hardly any festivals have decided to use this prime opportunity to try out bumping up female artists to headline level.

2 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Please! Your logic is very jarring on this thread, stands out like a sore thumb.

More interested in moaning about the lack of old acts who won't disappear within ten years or discussing the inconsistency of the font. 

Actually if we're going to talk logic, I don't agree with the OP's entirely.

Prices have risen not because promoters want more cash after missing out last year but because they know there's a lot more punters than usual wanting tickets.

Basic laws of supply and demand.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Actually if we're going to talk logic, I don't agree with the OP's entirely.

Prices have risen not because promoters want more cash after missing out last year but because they know there's a lot more punters than usual wanting tickets.

Basic laws of supply and demand.

Genuinely surprised you want to talk logic.

5 minutes ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

People are moaning about the headliners but isn't APE running with a significantly reduced capacity this year? They won't be generate as much money through ticket sales as usual if they can't get as many punters. So they won't be able to book the size of headliner as previous years.

I think the lineups are great. Think most of the criticism is aimed at the ticket price rather than the acts themselves.

21 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

I think the lineups are great. Think most of the criticism is aimed at the ticket price rather than the acts themselves.

What would you be paying for this sort of line up in a regular year, at the very least you'd think £60. Are people really THAT bothered about £13?

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

£60? HA

It's a £40 lineup.

That wasn't my point. My point was APE wouldn't price tickets as low as £40 regardless of line up so the minimum you'd pay for it is around £60. If you were willing to pay £60 for a line up like this, what's an extra £13 after a year and a half off from gigs. 

I thought The Kooks line up was awful but I never thought that APE would charge £40 because I personally didn't like it. 

1 minute ago, Superunknown said:

That wasn't my point. My point was APE wouldn't price tickets as low as £40 regardless of line up so the minimum you'd pay for it is around £60. If you were willing to pay £60 for a line up like this, what's an extra £13 after a year and a half off from gigs. 

I thought The Kooks line up was awful but I never thought that APE would charge £40 because I personally didn't like it. 

Kooks day was £39.95 + BF.