All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

1 hour ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

MBV are teasing something. 

I bet they could do a MBV / Mogwai day?

That would be my luck, I love MBV they were one of the first bands I saw live as a youngster many many many years ago. I'm going to Victorious so obviously APE will  get MBV on the Friday ☹️

Secretly, hoping it will be someone I don't like but good call if they go with MBV.

But more seriously, most of the headline acts of course aren't up there with the biggest headliners this place has had. But, considering the pandemic and that this has probably been cobbled together in about 6 weeks, it doesn't give off a feel of "quick! who's available?" at all really, and they've put down a proper curated bill on each day. Where folks might be more excited by the acts at 4pm than at 9pm. Should be a really exciting weekend for everyone getting involved.

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

RIP All Points East.

Hardly. Given the circumstances I think they’ve done pretty damn good, and the double female headliner for the Friday is a good move. It was never gonna be up to their usual standard with big American/overseas acts taking up big slots, was it? Next year will be a return to the standard that we all expect I’m sure, but I think they’ve done much better than they had any right to this year. 

That Friday overall isn’t for me (thankfully) but there’s some good stuff there still. Probably a bit more slap dash than the other days in terms of there being some acts there that will be total head scratchers to the target audience, but not bad nonetheless. 

• Upvote 4