All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

For my tastes that would be a bit bland.

I'm hoping someone can put out at least one day like Primavera, old-style Field Day or APE when it first started.

There's Visions Festival at least which is good (albeit small) and assume that will go ahead and Wide Awake also looks good if also a bit small.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

I'm hoping someone can put out at least one day like Primavera, old-style Field Day or APE when it first started.

There's Visions Festival at least which is good (albeit small) and assume that will go ahead and Wide Awake also looks good if also a bit small.

Yeah Visions is usually quality. Looking forward to seeing the line up. Wide Awake plus Visions is cheaper than one day at APE as well (I think...). 

10 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Yeah Visions is usually quality. Looking forward to seeing the line up. Wide Awake plus Visions is cheaper than one day at APE as well (I think...). 

Visions was only £20 early bird! They've had acts like Idles, Loyle Carner and Aldous Harding etc before they've made it. 

Would say it's very likely to happen as such small capacity. I'd get a ticket now before it sells out...

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yep totally agree, heres hoping

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2021 at 7:20 PM, JBarbour said:

When Primavera started expanding into new markets it found partners that run events locally. LA for example is in partnership with Live Nation. The London addition would of been in partnership with Broadwick using their established event and venue. Agents and bookers where putting together a line up but it didn't end up working out for a number of reasons. The main issue was the venue and its licence, a sticking point was the early curfew. 

It would of been a bit like what AEG and Broadwick are doing now with APE and FD. 

Thanks so much, so informative.  But what would Gabi have been bringing to the table in London?  The brand/his credibility and track record?  His contacts?   Whatever IP (?) he has in the methods they use to consistently book acts that "blow up" aroud the time of the event?  I'm just pretty interested in what the transferable skills are in the music industry.  For example, I was always very puzzled that "Propaganda" became a kind of franchise club night throughout the UK in the "Academy" venues.  It didn't seem to be owned by the Academy companies.  APE x FD seems like an odd one to me too.

57 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Wolf alice just announced tour. Maybe theyre waiting for the london date to sell out before announcing. Lets be honest if they annoucned the line up a month before the date they will sell it out. 

They’ll be waiting for the London date to sell out to add another 2 London dates 

• Like 1

Royal blood are teasing an announcement for Thursday. I'm 99% sure it'll be about their own tour dates rather than this but you never know..

Someone mentioned they were listed qt Victorious festival that weekend but they were listed on the 2020 line up and I think we've learnt that being on the 2020 line up doesn't mean they'll definitely show up to a rescheduled 2021. Plus they were in on the Sunday and it's definitely possible to perform in London Friday night and be in Portsmouth by Sunday 

On 3/15/2021 at 6:13 PM, frontsidecab said:

A Foals, Wolf Alice and Everything Everything day please.

On 3/15/2021 at 6:24 PM, Johnkhutch said:

A Foals/Wolf Alice double bill would be pretty perfect and in line with expectations really.

This same thought crossed my mind the other day while the Foals dates were being rearranged. I would also add Porridge Radio and maybe even Frank Carter to that list. Would make for an epic 'guitar' day to go with the other 2 line ups. Fingers crossed.

The thought of Foals/ WA/ EE on the same lineup is too good to be true for me. The only thing possibly against Foals is that they played Victoria Park at Citadel in 2017 (excellent day fest!) but don't think that should put them off. Would absolutely do it again.

10 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

As has been said earlier I hope it's a bit more leftfield, alternative and interesting than that.

We shall see, although I guess options will be limited

What with the reduced festival this year and two days being taken up by mostly electronic acts I imagine the Friday will be a pretty bog standard radio friendly indie day rather than anything too challenging/out there.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

What with the reduced festival this year and two days being taken up by mostly electronic acts I imagine the Friday will be a pretty bog standard radio friendly indie day rather than anything too challenging/out there.

Yeah I wouldn't bet against it being some form of indie day, whether that be similar to The Kooks planned last year or they go on the "heavier" side eg Foals, Wolf Alice etc.