All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

2 minutes ago, scattered_screens said:

It that's true that is STEEP

well technically £73.70. interestingly it mentions on the description on Dice: "All prices are launch prices and subject to change". I cannot tell if that means this is the base price and could increase in tiers or it is a generic price that might change

Just now, finn_with_1_n said:

well technically £73.70. interestingly it mentions on the description on Dice: "All prices are launch prices and subject to change". I cannot tell if that means this is the base price and could increase in tiers or it is a generic price that might change

Given how APE have struggled to sell out in the past, that’s probably a “don’t go after us if we slash the prices”.

3 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Given how APE have struggled to sell out in the past, that’s probably a “don’t go after us if we slash the prices”.

Yes - I reckon this has to have a pretty high likelihood of half (or less) priced tickets or some other offers being made available closer to the date.

I know there's pent up demand which may help sales, but between Reading, Leeds, Creamfields, Shambala, and various other festivals that take place that weekend, there must be at least 300,000 of the target audience already committed to being elsewhere.

1 minute ago, scattered_screens said:

The Strokes had a very NYC post punk day. 

Massive Attack day last year had a lot of alternative acts and Thom Yorke. 

Indie rock day with wombats last year. 

They book around a genre a lot of the time. 

I'm not a big fan of the indie landfill days either, but pretty much every day they've curated so far has leant indie in some way. This is very different. 

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's stuff 'of its time' IMO that won't endure and we won't be listening to more than one of these in 10 years.

Ok, well if that's just one day that that looks infinitely better I must admit. Weird how little relation to the original lineup unlike other festivals.

Whether this is right or wrong, I don't think any festival cares about how they look in ten years compared to selling tickets in it's current year. 

Kano has been going much longer than 10 years already so his status by that measure is already proven surely?

Having 2/3rds of The xx perform as solo members on the same day is an odd one - mainly just confirms Romy will join Jamie xx on stage. also given the co-headline status of this one, I thought we might get something closer to the £40 Catfish price tag but I imagine APE want the financial boost this year, hence the £73

1 minute ago, hughes21 said:

bit strange to only sell tickets for one day tomorrow

Just marketing, innit. People think "oh let me grab this" and then when the other days are drip fed out they might buy them too, rather than being faced with the lineups at once and potentially only choosing one.

11 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Whether this is right or wrong, I don't think any festival cares about how they look in ten years compared to selling tickets in it's current year. 

Kano has been going much longer than 10 years already so his status by that measure is already proven surely?

That's a fair point. Nonetheless I do think that the acts booked are generally 'of the moment' and their careers will fade more than the heritage type acts they've generally booked.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It was a very hostile shutdown of someone expressing disappointment that APE 2021 appeared to offer a weaker lineup for his tastes than the delayed APE 2020.

If that's what you call hostility...😅

Bit to address your point, yes of course you can be disappointed... I just think considering what's been going on perhaps a bit of leniency could be afforded.

Plus it's only one day of at least three, who knows what amazing things they have to announce for the others!

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That's a fair point. Nonetheless I do think that the acts booked are generally 'of the moment' and their careers will fade more than the heritage type acts they've generally booked.

Whose career do you think will fade from that lineup out of interest? Would it be either member of the xx who released their first album over a decade ago, or Kano who, as previously stated has already proved your theory wrong, or perhaps Simz who has been active for over 10 years? Maybe Tom Misch who released his first EP 7 years ago. I could go on...

Just because it's not to your taste that doesn't mean these acts are going to fade away.