All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

18 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I’m interested in this too: any craft beer/real ale? I’m not holding my breath …

Most of the bars only sell canned stuff. Example price £5.80 for a 440ml can of Red Stripe. We could only find one bar doing draught stuff, with London Brewery and Craft IPAs, for £6-£7 for a pint. That’s next to the PlayNext stage so near to the East Stage as well. They also did cocktails for about £8 but they were small so not really worth it.

There’s also a Kraken bar near the Firestone stage, although it had a live DJ going so we couldn’t get near it all day.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, grayfitz said:

If you’re going back into Central London, go to Bethnal Green.

The walk is about the same time as to Mile End but you avoid all of the traffic control/queues outside the station. You can walk straight into the station at Bethnal Green. 

Anyone know if Hackney Wick works? It’s easier for me as I can just sit on the Overground from Richmond 

21 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Most of the bars only sell canned stuff. Example price £5.80 for a 440ml can of Red Stripe. We could only find one bar doing draught stuff, with London Brewery and Craft IPAs, for £6-£7 for a pint. That’s next to the PlayNext stage so near to the East Stage as well. They also did cocktails for about £8 but they were small so not really worth it.

There’s also a Kraken bar near the Firestone stage, although it had a live DJ going so we couldn’t get near it all day.

Thanks for the tip off about the Playnext bar. I bought one of the upgrades from the app yesterday so I guess there’s a chance of more choice in the VIP bar.

7 minutes ago, willd255 said:

They doing discounted VIP upgrades?

Yep. Go onto the app and click on schedule. At the top of each day there's a button for upgrade to VIP (no View option). £40 for today and tomorrow, £30 for Monday (day I'm going). Think that's about half price if I'm right ... Report from a mate last night that there's ale in VIP but the food's shit (in his view) although better queues than outside. Nice place to hang though apparently.

Edited by Mackem

2 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Nice one - thats helped us - we know where to head straight away when we get in then for a good beer! 

Was the red stripe at least cold each time? 

Did the full circuit of Leeds at my day trip yesterday and unlike last time there was not one beer other than Carlsberg original. Managed a pint and a half before moving onto cider! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Damn I knew it was gonna be pricey but £5.80 for a can?! And barely anything on tap? Shiter that.

What was security like getting in? Definitely gonna be trying to sneak some decanted spirit in.

59 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Did the full circuit of Leeds at my day trip yesterday and unlike last time there was not one beer other than Carlsberg original. Managed a pint and a half before moving onto cider! 

Same here, did Leeds yesterday and also doing APE Monday (then End of the Road).  I bought lager on the first visit to the bar and then for the rest I did one lager one cider for a gradual snakebite.  The lager was terrible and at 3.8% was like normal lager watered down.  Tried that Hard Seltzer at one point because the queue was shorter but it felt like you were drinking the water out of a car battery, so that experiment didn't last long.

So basically hoping the beer options improve over the next week!

For a couple of years Leeds did do a local ale bar, firstly at the end of one of the normal bars and then in that street food area tucked away in the corner, which meant not everyone knew about it so it was usually quicker service.

4 minutes ago, WFD said:

Same here, did Leeds yesterday and also doing APE Monday (then End of the Road).  I bought lager on the first visit to the bar and then for the rest I did one lager one cider for a gradual snakebite.  The lager was terrible and at 3.8% was like normal lager watered down.  Tried that Hard Seltzer at one point because the queue was shorter but it felt like you were drinking the water out of a car battery, so that experiment didn't last long.

So basically hoping the beer options improve over the next week!

For a couple of years Leeds did do a local ale bar, firstly at the end of one of the normal bars and then in that street food area tucked away in the corner, which meant not everyone knew about it so it was usually quicker service.

I'd even have taken the carlsberg export one that was at Reading 2019 but there was literally nothing else

Queues were ridiculous too - the two stage format just doesn't work. Every other time I've been to reading or Leeds it's been much quicker - this time was 15 minutes minimum  

Edited by efcfanwirral

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'd even have taken the carlsberg export one that was at Reading 2019 but there was literally nothing else

Queues were ridiculous too - the two stage format just doesn't work. Every other time I've been to reading or Leeds it's been much quicker - this time was 15 minutes minimum  

Here’s hoping the two stage format APE have adopted works better then, although seems there were some delayed starts/ends that kind of fucked it up for people further up the page. Would be annoyed to have to miss the end and/or start of a headliner to make it over to the next.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Here’s hoping the two stage format APE have adopted works better then, although seems there were some delayed starts/ends that kind of fucked it up for people further up the page. Would be annoyed to have to miss the end and/or start of a headliner to make it over to the next.

I missed 3 wolf alice songs because blossoms came on late (had I known they were actually going to cross stages over I would've left blossoms well earlier. Stood outside the toilets waiting for the girlfriend while hearing a messy mix of Charlemagne and Bros willing blossoms to finish, who I like but wolf alice were a must see, wasn't a good moment) and we basically were legging it over from Biffy via the toilets when Liam was playing Hello. Shambles really - but I'm less bothered about specific bands on Monday so will happily just leave BBC early for Foals but otherwise just roam 

Edited by efcfanwirral

For those attended already, are they asking for ID on the gate? Is there a separate covid pass screening?

Just wondering as bought a ticket for Monday on Twickets and it has someone else's name on. And the Covid pass on my phone obviously has my name on it, so it won't match if they are looking at them together?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Damn I knew it was gonna be pricey but £5.80 for a can?! And barely anything on tap? Shiter that.

What was security like getting in? Definitely gonna be trying to sneak some decanted spirit in.

8 minutes ago, Bruceyy said:

For those attended already, are they asking for ID on the gate? Is there a separate covid pass screening?

Just wondering as bought a ticket for Monday on Twickets and it has someone else's name on. And the Covid pass on my phone obviously has my name on it, so it won't match if they are looking at them together?

Getting in was much much quicker than in 2018, although we didn’t go in 2019 so can’t compare it to that. The COVID passes were checked briefly just before the ticket gates, but not exactly thoroughly. No scanning of the QR codes or anything. 

Yeah it felt busy enough. Definitely not like the park has the capacity for that many more before it started getting uncomfortable. It’s impossible to know how many were there on freebies etc, but we were towards the back for Jorja Smith and still surrounded by people for the first half of her set.

Also most of the acts on both the Firestone and PlayNext stages, and also the early afternoon acts on the Main Stages like Enny, seemed to have healthy crowds, which was really good to see! 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

I went yesterday and picked little simz as the one act I wanted to see the whole set, and was then happy to just see parts of other sets due to the overlaps in scheduling. Second time seeing Jamie xx and second time feeling indifferent about it, no great staging or lighting and a lot of the music just merges into one.

Overall really enjoyed the day, also Red Stripe at £5.80 for a 440ml can was painful but less painful than drinking carlsberg all day like other fests