All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Gonna be staying in the Shoreditch area for this and a day either side. Anybody got any recommendations for any good and/or cheap (maybe a big reach being in central London) bars in the area, or just in the general central London vicinity? Expecting to end up paying through the nose for most of my time there but you never know.

Wetherspoons in Liverpool street your best bet! couple of nice old man pubs around Bethnal green as well

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:48 PM, mynameismatt said:

Does anyone who knows this stuff better than me know if there’s any disruption due on the tubes this weekend or how bad queues usually are for tubes? Remember 2018+19 Mile End station seemed to shut just after finishing, which wasn’t ideal

I’ve always legged it out for the station so not sure if my 0:15 train at Kings Cross is realistic without an early exit? I’d misremembered a 10:30 curfew somewhere until I saw the clashfinder

I would suggest walking to Homerton overground station (5-10mins). 4 stops to Highbury and Islington, change to the Victoria line and it's just 1 stop to kings cross 

Edited by Hackney1990

Gonna be staying in the Shoreditch area for this and a day either side. Anybody got any recommendations for any good and/or cheap (maybe a big reach being in central London) bars in the area, or just in the general central London vicinity? Expecting to end up paying through the nose for most of my time there but you never know.

No real bargains around Shoreditch sadly, expect to be paying a £5.50+ a pint unless you're constantly in Spoons. But there are some v interesting pubs and restaurants tucked away around Artillery Passage/Artillery Lane/Widegate Street if you want a wander. Head along Bethnal Green Road for more spit and sawdust type boozers.

Brick Lane Tap Room is reasonable rather than cheap and Barrio,Trapeze and Old Street Records are pretty cool. There's another place I really like that had a Mexican Day of The Dead feel to it but I can't remember it's name though.

I'd just go to Spoons or grab some cans and head to the park myself.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

The commercial tavern is pretty decent, it’s usually not too bad on price either (in London terms!) 

• Like 1

Cheers for the recommendations! Money isn’t a huge worry but coming from Liverpool where our prices are pretty damn great I’m not to keen to constantly be paying double the price for a pint, but would still like to have a few drinks out and about that aren’t just some cans in a field. 

On 7/26/2021 at 11:46 AM, FloorFiller said:

Lianne La Havas is a decent addition but not as exciting as Roisin for me. Still though, lineups still looking great. 

Hi I’ve got 2x Roisin Murphy Brixton (circle) tickets for sale £85 incase you’re still keen to see her - or anyone else! Cheers

1 hour ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Was anyone at Jamie XX's set at Boardmasters or Wilderness this year? Anyone know what his set is going to be like /what he tends to play? hasnt had anything new out, apart from a single last year. Was expecting an album push as part of these shows.  

Was at wilderness, the set contained his new single, one album track that wasn't a single, one small snippet of loud places and then loads of unidentifiable beats but I'm no dance music expert. Was fun though. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 12:29 PM, FloorFiller said:

Great bar on the high street with happy hour. Also shows sports:

https://www.barkicklondon.com/whats-on/happy-hour

Another happy hour down the road:

https://www.barriobars.com/shoreditch

Best curry house on Brick Lane. Always busy, great food - is BYO:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186338-d3489533-Reviews-Aladin_Brick_Lane-London_England.html

There are also BYO Vietnamese places just up past Bar Kick (can't recall the names, don't go there as much as I used to recently!). Bar Prague was also decent and cheap, but Google says it's shut now.

Can also recommend Commercial Tavern.

Edited by Homer
  • Upvote 1

I honestly can't remember what it was like in previous years, but I feel like APE buggered up a bit tonight with regards to set times. We left straight from Loyle to London Grammar; no toilet or drinks breaks, but by the time we made it from the West to East stage London Grammar had already started? Also not entirely sure how much we missed but it seemed London Grammar were only on for about an hour?

23 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

I honestly can't remember what it was like in previous years, but I feel like APE buggered up a bit tonight with regards to set times. We left straight from Loyle to London Grammar; no toilet or drinks breaks, but by the time we made it from the West to East stage London Grammar had already started? Also not entirely sure how much we missed but it seemed London Grammar were only on for about an hour?

They played from 21:40 to 22:45, so started on time but finished ten minutes early. It felt like they’d be coming back for an encore, not least because they’d missed out Nightcall and a few singles, but alas. 

They were incredible and worthy of the headline slot. Small crowd though, felt like half the festival went home after Loyle Carner/Mura Masa. On the other hand Jorja Smith didn’t have enough well known songs for the massive crowd she got - it felt like it had halved in size by the time she finished.

Also the tube home was a shit show. Thousands of people queuing up in the freezing cold to get into Mile End, but once you got through the entrance to the station, the station itself - and every train leaving - seemed to be half empty. It was completely fine after LCD three years ago, not sure how they buggered it up this time.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy