All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

13 minutes ago, hhunting said:

the set times for the saturday are atrocious. tom misch and little simz overlapping, a 5 minute gap to leg it from little simz to kano who are on opposite sides of the festival, kano clashing with the start of slowthai, a 50 minute gap between kano and jamie xx on the east stage and then only 10 minutes between the end of slowthai and jamie xx.

You were never gonna see the top five acts on the poster in their entirety. You’ve gotta make choices.

All looks good to me for the Monday. Clashes are taken care of by other festivals- Magic Gang are taken care of by seeing them at Blossoms in September so can see Jade Bird, Holly Humberstone I'm seeing at Leeds on the Friday so can see Working Men's Club. Shame about caribou but always was going for the top 2 anyway 

Missing Caribou is a shame but was always expected, and seeing him later in the year so no biggie! Few other clashes here and there but overall looks like I’ll have a pretty full fun day. 

Gonna have to position myself near the back for BBC (or head there towards the end at least) to make the transition from them to Foals as smooth as possible, although guessing that’ll be a popular choice for a lot of people. 

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

You were never gonna see the top five acts on the poster in their entirety. You’ve gotta make choices.

You say that but they could ‘easily’ schedule it so you don’t have to given:

a) there isn’t that many acts.

b) 2 ‘main stages’ on site.

c) And they’ve nearly managed it on Friday…  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Mr jukes not playing on the bombay day as well? Did i imagine that?

Yeah, some one pointed it out the other day when I got excited about them being on the same day as BBC. I did think it would be a  big ask for him to so 2 sets on the same day. I guess not showing them on the app confirms they are not playing the Monday.

8 hours ago, Radiochicken said:

You say that but they could ‘easily’ schedule it so you don’t have to given:

a) there isn’t that many acts.

b) 2 ‘main stages’ on site.

c) And they’ve nearly managed it on Friday…  

In the current times clashes and over lapping sets is probably seen as a good thing by organisers to disperse festival goers over the whole site.

1 hour ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

The competitions seem to be starting on Instagram if people are looking at chancing their arm for free tickets. Seen one with Zapp and another with White Claw.

coca cola had 56 pairs of tickets as well - probably the best shot!

Does anyone who knows this stuff better than me know if there’s any disruption due on the tubes this weekend or how bad queues usually are for tubes? Remember 2018+19 Mile End station seemed to shut just after finishing, which wasn’t ideal

I’ve always legged it out for the station so not sure if my 0:15 train at Kings Cross is realistic without an early exit? I’d misremembered a 10:30 curfew somewhere until I saw the clashfinder

40 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

Does anyone who knows this stuff better than me know if there’s any disruption due on the tubes this weekend or how bad queues usually are for tubes? Remember 2018+19 Mile End station seemed to shut just after finishing, which wasn’t ideal

I’ve always legged it out for the station so not sure if my 0:15 train at Kings Cross is realistic without an early exit? I’d misremembered a 10:30 curfew somewhere until I saw the clashfinder

How do people get back into town if its closed? Buses or just walk it? I guess the walk isn't too bad if loads of others are doing it too! 

46 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

I would recommend leaving during the last song or at least getting towards the exit during the last song. Getting out of any London festival can be a hassle with a train to catch

22 hours ago, mynameismatt said:

This is def doable leaving at 11pm though as Muppetmark says, be towards the back of the crowd by then.

You can walk the whole way easily enough if you do it at a fast pace - it's 4 miles along the canal so it's impossible to get lost, and I think it'll be busy enough to be safe. If it was me, I'd walk part way then get a Santander Cycle (/"boris bike") to be sure I got to Kings X in time. And if poss, trial one of the bikes earlier in the day to make sure there are no credit card / payment issues.

On 8/22/2021 at 10:48 PM, mynameismatt said:

They close and reopen it every few minutes to manage the flow of people and prevent overcrowding. Tends to lead to a fair old queue (10-60 minutes from my experience depending on how early you get away).

If you walk to Bow Road instead and go one stop on the Hammersmith & City / District, you'll be at Mile End and inside the station and therefore will have circumvented the queue. Trains themselves from Mile End never seem to be that busy due to the crowd management at the entrance.

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:48 PM, mynameismatt said:

Just remembered might be worth you going to hackney wick instead of mile end. It's pretty easy to get to kings cross from there via Finsbury

• Upvote 1

Gonna be staying in the Shoreditch area for this and a day either side. Anybody got any recommendations for any good and/or cheap (maybe a big reach being in central London) bars in the area, or just in the general central London vicinity? Expecting to end up paying through the nose for most of my time there but you never know.