All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

Realised we prob aren't going to go abroad on holiday as planned, so just going to do bank hol in London and might go to this (surprisingly, doesn't seem to be much else on!). Have got the next week booked off anyway. Still £90 mind. From digging around, would appear BBC and Foals prob won't clash anyway, is this correct?

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Realised we prob aren't going to go abroad on holiday as planned, so just going to do bank hol in London and might go to this (surprisingly, doesn't seem to be much else on!). Have got the next week booked off anyway. Still £90 mind. From digging around, would appear BBC and Foals prob won't clash anyway, is this correct?

Yeah they’ve confirmed those two aren’t clashing at least, although got a feeling below that is gonna be a bit clashtastic for the acts I’m interested in seeing (Caribou, Gang of Youths etc).

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

They've already confirmed on social media they won't clash, but it just depends on how much time there is between the end of BBC and the start of Foals. 

Historically there's been anywhere between 5 and 15 minutes bands occupying the same slots, and with the change in site layout I would imagine they'll schedule at least a 15 minute gap and maybe more to allow people to get over to Foals in time. 

Total shot in the dark, but what’s the odds of a secret set from The Smile? Sons of Kemet playing on Friday, Thom Yorke was due to appear last year, both ‘headliners’ listed as playing on the East stage leaving a potential hole on the new West stage. (Loyle Carner listed in the video at the moment). 

It’s a dream world scenario... but after the last year, what’s left if a man can’t dream! Haha

Edited by The Crimson King

18 hours ago, Dales said:

Only just noticed that Mr Dukes & Barney are on the Monday. Busy day for him.

image.thumb.jpeg.8592faf3f3e30b155391bf38fbda29c2.jpeg

Not sure he is, as he is on the lineup poster for Field Day on the Sunday. They played on different days at Latitude. I know the website lineup page has him on the Monday but I reckon it’s an error.

6 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Not sure he is, as he is on the lineup poster for Field Day on the Sunday. They played on different days at Latitude. I know the website lineup page has him on the Monday but I reckon it’s an error.

That would be a shame but I did find it odd that he would being playing 2 sets on the same day as surely the Dukes & Barney set would pull a huge amount of BBC fans even if the music is very different. It would make more sense for them to be on another day. Will keep an eye out for further information.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Friday times are mostly out on the app. Is this new? I've thrown them onto Clashfinder - Firestone Stage times missing from the app though.

https://clashfinder.com/s/ape2021/

Is the app new? Nah it was about when I went in 2019 but the times on the app where useless as it had the bands starting before the doors opened so I had to get the correct times from someone on the forum.

Just now, jump said:

Is the app new? Nah it was about when I went in 2019 but the times on the app where useless as it had the bands starting before the doors opened so I had to get the correct times from someone on the forum.

What I meant was "is it new?" that the times for Friday are out. 😉

I'd only just noticed it but I can't say I've been checking regularly.

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What I meant was "is it new?" that the times for Friday are out. 😉

I'd only just noticed it but I can't say I've been checking regularly.

Been checking fairly regularly and they weren’t out yesterday so just be today. 

hopefully we get the rest as well today.

the set times for the saturday are atrocious. tom misch and little simz overlapping, a 5 minute gap to leg it from little simz to kano who are on opposite sides of the festival, kano clashing with the start of slowthai, a 50 minute gap between kano and jamie xx on the east stage and then only 10 minutes between the end of slowthai and jamie xx.