All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

42 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I think, as Dental suggests, this is not an extra stage, more a change of format to the existing 2nd & 3rd stages - the West goes from a tent to a (large) open air stage, the North from open air to tent.

Helping keep people comfortable and reducing the chance of bad PR from a covid outbreak I imagine, less people inside a tent 

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They do often do that with the top-two billed acts - having them headline the North and East Stages - so it's not too big a surprise.

Though, as the new main stage will be where the West Arena was, it'll be the other end of the site. Kind of inconvenient for co-headliners.

Yes that's what I don't understand...going by previous years there'll be about five minutes between sets, so that's a hell of lot of people legging it from one stage to another. I understand it's the same every year (with second stage headliner finishing a few minutes before main stage headliner starts), but seems like a very similar demographic who would be there specifically to see both bands.

However, I'm no festival planning expert so I'm sure they know what they're doing.

So looking at the map they've basically just swapped the North and West stages round, which seems a good idea as it could get pretty crowded at that North stage when the big acts were on. That does of course mean a longer walk between the two main stages (East and West) though.

Seems like there is an additional entrance to the site as well - the Royal Gate entrance which is next to the West Stage, 

Edited by Sean1234321

1 hour ago, Sean1234321 said:

So looking at the map they've basically just swapped the North and West stages round, which seems a good idea as it could get pretty crowded at that North stage when the big acts were on. That does of course mean a longer walk between the two main stages (East and West) though.

I'm very happy about this, having always found the previous North stage to be strangely poor, for both sound and atmosphere. The new West looks bigger, more like the East.

Only downside as you say is the trek from one end to the other, although that should help spread the crowd out more.