All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

32 minutes ago, gfa said:

Theres clearly not loads of spare capacity this year vs previous years, some of the days have sold out and then had more tickets added even. They clearly are expecting a good attendance and therefore no freebies. Festivals have been off for a year just open your wallet, support the artists and buy a ticket.

The artists get their fixed fee, irrespective of how many full price tickets AEG are able to sell.

And they don’t give free tickets out of the goodness of their corporate hearts - they’re trying to stimulate more food and drink sales inside the gates.

I didn’t say there was loads of spare capacity - who knows how much there is - but as things stand with a month to go not a single APE day is sold out.

I predict they’ll give out some free tickets a day or two before. And people on here like efcfanwirral can do what they want with all the collective views on here…

34 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The artists get their fixed fee, irrespective of how many full price tickets AEG are able to sell.

And they don’t give free tickets out of the goodness of their corporate hearts - they’re trying to stimulate more food and drink sales inside the gates.

I didn’t say there was loads of spare capacity - who knows how much there is - but as things stand with a month to go not a single APE day is sold out.

I predict they’ll give out some free tickets a day or two before. And people on here like efcfanwirral can do what they want with all the collective views on here…

You do realise they did a post the other day which was them adding tickets for the Fri & Sat. They clearly aren't struggling to shift the tickets this year. Maybe the Foals day isn't doing quite as well cause it is a monday, who knows.

Festivals only give away tickets when things are really desperate which they aren't this year..

• Upvote 1

Festivals don't usually just throw tickets out there anyway. That practice was likely more to do with them being a brand new festival trying to establish itself in the market. And, looking at this year, it has worked as I don't think some random event with Kano and London Grammar headlining would have sold out (or close to sold out) but this one has.

If they need to get people in, they'll probably give all their partners like 100 pairs of tickets to give out as competition prizes. I can't see free tickets for O2 Priority members or whatever happening ever again.

18 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Can't believe how expensive tickets have got now. Will have to rely on twickets sales of a earlier release for Foals day! 

I’m looking to sell our 2 tickets mate if you still need! Tier 2 so would be cheaper than what they’re shifting now.

On 7/29/2021 at 11:33 AM, xxialac said:

The Saturday & Sunday (Field Day) were sold out, then they announced they’d increased capacity and were selling more. If the weather’s good I’d imagine some days selling out. I’d be very surprised by any free or super-cheap tickets.

They only got approval to increase capacity (from 40,000 to 50,000) in Jan: https://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/news/all-points-east-capacity-increase-6893190

Swim School is quite a good addition for the Foals day. I was going to catch them at Latitude, but they clashed with someone else.

Foals, Bombay Bicycle Club, Gang of Youths, Jade Bird, The Magic Gang, Holly Humberstone, Liz Lawrence, Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard, Swim School for me on that day, clashes permitting.