All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Lorde to headline this in 2022?

I suppose it depends on the reaction to the next record, but I can't see her doing anything other than headline at this point. Most of the Primavera lineup is a decent indication of what will be on this next year.

Edited by jannybruck

Tbh as much as I love Lorde, I can’t see her being that much of a big draw for something like this and could see it being a bit of a Christine and the Queens situation where they’re pretty much giving tickets away by the end. Obviously a new album could change that, or a shit hot supporting lineup, but I’m not expecting her to be headlining one of these things myself. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbh as much as I love Lorde, I can’t see her being that much of a big draw for something like this and could see it being a bit of a Christine and the Queens situation where they’re pretty much giving tickets away by the end. Obviously a new album could change that, or a shit hot supporting lineup, but I’m not expecting her to be headlining one of these things myself. 

I think she'd pull a much bigger draw than Christine buts it's a difficult one to gauge. She gets a lot of buzz online but that's passionate fans (me included) rn and not general listeners .

Tbh though if it's her like first UK show back I can see tickets potentially flying if the album goes off, Green Light was a pretty huge song for 2017 if I recall. 

18 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I think you underestimate Lordes draw. Shes huge. A lot bigger than chris. If the fest can bag her it will sell out no problem. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

no idea, i just think theres more appetite for her live shows now than there was then .

Not sure about that, it was towards the end of that album cycle, she had already played Glastonbury the year before and done her own UK tour. 

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

The National are going on about more shows due to be announced again, and I would guess one of them will be a London park so they're probably in the running for next year. Have APE repeated a headliner yet? 

This would make sense after they cancelled their Brixton shows (not that I'm bitter or anything...)