All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

30 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Roisin Murphy has dropped out of the Foals day unfortunately. Image 

That’s a shame. Glad I got tickets to her Manchester date a few weeks later.

Wonder if they’ll be replacing her with anybody? She was a pretty sizeable act on the poster after all.

That's a shame, I would have liked to see her and Caribou but had already assumed she and him would clash with others I wanted to see such as Bombay and Gang of Youths. I wonder with Roisin out if the chances of Gang of Youths clashing with Bombay have increased if they do not replace her. I had hoped they would be on before Bombay on the main stage but they could be on either stage high up.

I'm not sure if i said this before at the time, but the Saturday announcement made me think perhaps they'd curated it with gorillaz headlining in mind. Slowthai, little simz, kano all recent collabs. Completely unjustified speculation but seeing them pop up at boardmasters today the same month as APE got me thinking it again. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 10:30 PM, DarthSaul said:

I'm not sure if i said this before at the time, but the Saturday announcement made me think perhaps they'd curated it with gorillaz headlining in mind. Slowthai, little simz, kano all recent collabs. Completely unjustified speculation but seeing them pop up at boardmasters today the same month as APE got me thinking it again. 

maybe they started to organise that, then they realised they could get away with a cheaper headliner (jamie xx). Or maybe they booked the wrong jamie (hewlett) 

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Little surprised that both the London Grammar and Foals/BBC days still haven't sold out. Thought they'd both fly out the door given they were announced at a time people seemed ravenous to buy festival passes.

Think people really overstated people being willing to buy tickets for gigs they’d not have gone to ‘pre covid’.

I know the common sentiment on this forum is ‘I’d go to any gig regardless of lineup’ but the average punter likely still wants to spend the money on acts they actually like/listen to.

18 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Think people really overstated people being willing to buy tickets for gigs they’d not have gone to ‘pre covid’.

I know the common sentiment on this forum is ‘I’d go to any gig regardless of lineup’ but the average punter likely still wants to spend the money on acts they actually like/listen to.

I don't think anyone ever argued that people would just buy tickets whoever was playing. Just that it'd be easier for fans of an artist to part with money for a gig after all this time.

I think for Foals, they have sold tens of thousands of tickets for a tour that went on sale in 2019. I have a ticket to see them next year so I'm not going to go to London on Bank Holiday Monday to watch them. Saturday or Sunday would tempt me however, being able to stay a night.

I'm sure it will sell out when gigs start happening again and the remaining considerers aren't afraid to put money down only to get it back months later. Still three months away from the event and summer hasn't started.

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Balls, I completely missed this announcement. A month on, it doesn't appear she's been replaced either.

Yeah this is kind of annoying. She’s not a huge act but she was a pretty prominent one on that lineup so kinda shit that they haven’t even attempted to replace her and will probably just bump the lower acts up instead. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

I've not seen 'Live from Worthy Farm' but read lots of love for Jorja Smith online. When the Beeb broadcast it, it may result in tickets for her night with London Grammar selling out quicker.

Does anyone happen to know if the free tickets given out a few years ago were always planned to be given out free or if it was due to not enough being sold. I got some for two days at the last minute and it seemed like they were desperate to give them away to anyone. 

With that in mind, with a much more average line-up this year (I know it's subjective but I've encountered a lot of people saying this), what are the chances of freebies? 

6 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

Does anyone happen to know if the free tickets given out a few years ago were always planned to be given out free or if it was due to not enough being sold. I got some for two days at the last minute and it seemed like they were desperate to give them away to anyone. 

With that in mind, with a much more average line-up this year (I know it's subjective but I've encountered a lot of people saying this), what are the chances of freebies? 

i think chance of freebies given how well this year has sold is zero. It looks as though tickets were prev given away due to low sales (especially the BMTH day)

On 5/25/2021 at 12:46 PM, foolee said:

With Primavera 2022 being announced are we thinking Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Interpol, Tame Impala and Gorillaz are all likely for 2022?  

Return of the strokes too hopefully!

17 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Interpol on the same day would be an instant sellout.

Strokes day in 2019 form can come back too honestly, absolutely stacked. I’d take yeah yeah yeahs over raconteurs definitely