All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

6 hours ago, Tommy2345 said:

The poster I released last night has just been officially confirmed this morning. Little bit of inside info for you that the festival was planning Massive Attack to return to the lineup. Another name I know for sure was mentioned was Kings Of Leon as there London Day festival was cancelled but because of the issues with the border they can’t travel. 

i’m 70% sure these lineups announced won’t happen this year because of new variants and the social distancing rules but we can always hope. If you need any more information let me know

8DB76DCE-E7CB-463A-820E-1AF1D1BD21D8.jpeg

That's really interesting Kings of Leon were one of my first predictions before it became apparent it would be UK focused. Maybe next year.

Anybody saying this is a £40 lineup is off their nut. 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Just a bit disappointing when you look at lets say the Wide Awake lineup, which i think cost me about £27ish?

Whilst Wide Awake always deliver great lineups, there are no acts there that are the size of London Grammar, Jorja Smith or Loyle Carner. 

I was certainly more willing to pay the £60 that I/we mistakingly thought Dice were selling them for, but after almost two years of no festivals and massive pent up demand, I really wasn’t bothered about forking over the £73. If the lineups aren’t for you, fair enough, but they’re selling so clearly people find the price reasonable, or just don’t care and want to go to a festival regardless of price; either way!

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 1

On the subject of ticket prices let’s not forget that as a result of a current Government concession VAT on ticket sales is only 5 pc rather than the normal 20 pc.

This means for a £50 ticket the promoter is already £6 in pocket even before stinging the punters with a face value ticket price increase.

32 minutes ago, John L said:

On the subject of ticket prices let’s not forget that as a result of a current Government concession VAT on ticket sales is only 5 pc rather than the normal 20 pc.

This means for a £50 ticket the promoter is already £6 in pocket even before stinging the punters with a face value ticket price increase.

On the flip side of that event organisers are taking more risks and not knowing if their events will go ahead. They are having to pay staff to organise events, pay freelancers for booking, agents, graphic designers, web developers, insurance, marketing... Then they are out of pocket when they cancel the event as they can't get covid related insurance. 

The ticket money doesn't sit in the promoters/organisers bank account it's in escrow accounts until everything is settled, if the event is cancelled or rescheduled they still don't see that money. 

5 hours ago, Glenn Coco said:

For a pandemic year.. this lineup is pretty great to me.

Seeing as APE took a few of their acts.. I’m guessing Lovebox is cancelled right?

Live Nation announced Wireless at Crystal Palace Park and they are due to announce another festival weekend at the same venue. I've been racking my brain trying to think of a LN London event that could take that slot, suppose it could be Lovebox (or Community). It would be in Sept though. 

Edited by JBarbour

7 hours ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

It isn't though, it's just that you'd pay £40 tops for it, which is fine.

London Grammar and Loyle Carner have sold out multiple nights at Ally Pally alone.

How much does it cost to see an act at Ally Pally these days? 30-40 quid on average?

Two acts that size makes the ticket price look about right to me.

7 hours ago, stanh said:

on average i'd say around about 35/45 depending on who your seeing... i think london grammars show there is around £45, then when i saw jorja smith (back in 2018) that was around £20 - but she has definitely grown a lot more in status and popularity since then so if i were to estimate, id say she's around £30/35 to see now. 

So the headliners alone are ‘worth’ about £75. Plus a tidy if unspectacular undercard full of 6 Music-type acts and/or potential next big things. It’s not Glastonbury levels of value for money, but given the live music industry is currently on life support it seems in bad taste to get too uppity.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

It is the first year that I don't know any of the artists playing over four days. Probably tells something about my age and/or geographical location. Still better than not liking the bands I guess.

Did you stop paying attention to new music in 2005?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Did you stop paying attention to new music in 2005?

That's pretty much correct. That's when I thought that ~1000 CDs was probably enough and my favourite radio shows stopped! Since then I mostly go by friend's recommendations. Well I have to admit they recommended me Róisín Murphy so that's one name I've heard.

1 minute ago, emmanuel said:

That's pretty much correct. That's when I thought that ~1000 CDs was probably enough and my favourite radio shows stopped! Since then I mostly go by friend's recommendations. Well I have to admit they recommended me Róisín Murphy so that's one name I've heard.

Moloko were formed in 1994!

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

So the headliners alone are ‘worth’ about £75. Plus a tidy if unspectacular undercard full of 6 Music-type acts and/or potential next big things. It’s not Glastonbury levels of value for money, but given the live music industry is currently on life support it seems in bad taste to get too uppity.

You can't expect any festival to have that value for money as the artist all take paycuts.

20 hours ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

People are moaning about the headliners but isn't APE running with a significantly reduced capacity this year? They won't be generate as much money through ticket sales as usual if they can't get as many punters. So they won't be able to book the size of headliner as previous years.

I think they have sold for full attendance. its all or nothing for live events

----

I honestly can't see an issue with the lineups for this. If you don't want to pay, don't buy it - theres plenty of other festivals. dentalplan's point about the free tickets is also true. at the end of the day like every other festival it will sell out so some people definitely are deeming it to be good value

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

You can't expect any festival to have that value for money as the artist all take paycuts.

I think they have sold for full attendance. its all or nothing for live events

----

I honestly can't see an issue with the lineups for this. If you don't want to pay, don't buy it - theres plenty of other festivals. dentalplan's point about the free tickets is also true. at the end of the day like every other festival it will sell out so some people definitely are deeming it to be good value

People went ahead and bought masks when they were hard to get hold of a year ago for £50 a pack. 

Didn't mean they deemed it good value. 

13 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Live Nation announced Wireless at Crystal Palace Park and they are due to announce another festival weekend at the same venue. I've been racking my brain trying to think of a LN London event that could take that slot, suppose it could be Lovebox (or Community). It would be in Sept though. 

I imagine its Community Fest, pretty sure Lovebox have been always been independent from the Festival Republic brand, more under Mama Festivals.

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

People went ahead and bought masks when they were hard to get hold of a year ago for £50 a pack. 

Didn't mean they deemed it good value. 

I mean if they were willing to pay for it then they did deem it good value vs getting coronavirus but beyond the point really, thats a silly comparison

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

I mean if they were willing to pay for it then they did deem it good value vs getting coronavirus but beyond the point really, thats a silly comparison

It's not a silly comparison.

My point was that just because people pay for something, doesn't automatically mean as you say that they think it's good value. It might be because there are few alternatives and lack of supply drives up the price.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's not a silly comparison.

My point was that just because people pay for something, doesn't automatically mean as you say that they think it's good value. It might be because there are few alternatives and lack of supply drives up the price.

This is called supply and demand, and ‘worth’ is whatever someone is willing to pay for something. Regardless, all APE days will sell out, because ‘demand’ will outstrip ‘supply’.

In any case, daft comparison. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, stereodista said:

This is called supply and demand, and ‘worth’ is whatever someone is willing to pay for something. Regardless, all APE days will sell out, because ‘demand’ will outstrip ‘supply’.

In any case, daft comparison. 

The phrasing used wasn't 'worth'.

The OP wrote 'good value'.

50 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Jeez, man. Every thread I go into seems to be you arguing with someone. No idea if you're right or wrong here and I can't be bothered to find out any more.

I'm all for good debate, but this a festival forum where most of us come for a bit of fun, rather than a courtroom where everything needs to be picked apart. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, xxialac said:

For someone who thought they would lose their life if they didn't buy a mask for £50, it probably was good value. That's justified by the purchase, not by you. You would not buy a mask at that price, and you will not buy a ticket to All Points East with its current lineup at the price they're proposing either. Both of these things are fine - you are not forced to buy either.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

No, but what you — and for some reason, by extension, the rest of us — are talking about is ‘worth’ all of a sudden. ‘Good value’ to you may be Kraftwerk or Massive Attack for £0, or to many others, a day out of more or less any description at this point for £70-odd. 

Semantics don’t matter: don’t like it, don’t go. 

• Upvote 1